Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 (Advanced Combat Environment) for OA/CO

Is there any possibility to play RU and NAVY woth OA Standalone?

Installed it, but it doesnt work.

Thanks for your help :-)

Nope, you need CO to use RU and NAVY.

Wanted to pop in and say thanks for releasing a stable version and as far as i'm concerned, the wait was fine. I would rather have something that worked rather than something that would make me lose 6 players.

Will be downloading it over the coming weeks.

Thanks for all of the hard work, gents.

How can someone remove the (for me annoying) white labels that indicate the type of unit one is looking to?

How can someone remove the (for me annoying) white labels that indicate the type of unit one is looking to?

Edit this line in the ACE userconfig file:

class ACE_RECOGNITION {

Scanning_Method = 0;

(IMO, 0 should be default)

Don´t know whats userconfig? Search here => http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

I would give you a direct link if my internet wasnt so slow today...

Since getDammage doesn't work with the ACE armor system, is there any way to check whether an armored vehicle took any kind of damage? I want to have a simple script check if a vehicle has any damage done to it - even if it's only a scratch! Any damage needs to trigger the script, not only if certain parts of the vehicle are actually disabled.

Would be nice if anyone knows how to detect something like that.

Since getDammage doesn't work with the ACE armor system, is there any way to check whether an armored vehicle took any kind of damage? I want to have a simple script check if a vehicle has any damage done to it - even if it's only a scratch! Any damage needs to trigger the script, not only if certain parts of the vehicle are actually disabled.

Would be nice if anyone knows how to detect something like that.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers#HandleDamage should work, right?

Reading their descriptions, it's hard to tell whether they would actually do what I want with ACE, or at least do it reliably every time (ex: description on "hit" event handler it says that if unit is killed then it'll most of the time not fire). Also would handledamage actually fire since they unit isn't really damaged?

Might try these out when I have time to re-write and extensively test stuff, though it would be nice to have a simple condition I could use in place of the getDammage _unit > 0.0001 part that I use for non-ACE-armor-system vehicles.

Guys, what must I do to hear the radio chatter from the AIs?

EDIT: Found Solution from FAQ at ACE site

EDIT : Why when I fire the M107 there is no dust particle effect? Instead of that, the particle appear 10m infront of me?? Same as all the Tanks [MBTs and Light Tanks]

Seems that the particles are out of positioned

Edited by avengerzx

How are these used? I get it's an array but I don't understand how to use these at all, not just in conjuction with ACE2. For example, the GetOut EH, how would I check to see if a unit got out of an ACE2 vehicle(anyone) and then complete a trigger to tell me he got out.

Sorry, the EH thing has hampered me from the start.

I currently mirror updates every week on addon sync for ACE on the UGAF repo. I had a meeting last night we were debating on whether or not we should stick with the stable releases only or continue to use the updates each week.

For ACE team:

Will the ACE updates still be going on weekly and do you recommend we use them or just stick with the stable release for now?

For all:

I'd like to know who intends on downloading weekly updates and who will be sticking with stable versions.

I have a poll set up on our website:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=452

Thanks

I currently mirror updates every week on addon sync for ACE on the UGAF repo. I had a meeting last night we were debating on whether or not we should stick with the stable releases only or continue to use the updates each week.

For ACE team:

Will the ACE updates still be going on weekly and do you recommend we use them or just stick with the stable release for now?

For all:

I'd like to know who intends on downloading weekly updates and who will be sticking with stable versions.

I have a poll set up on our website:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=452

Thanks

Oh please dont stop the betas...I use them...:pet5:

:16_6_8:

Thanks for the hard work :)

In the folder @ACE/addons is a unpacked folder called x :confused:

Is this correct?

G-man, since you usually seem to update before Kelly's Heroes gets updated, me and my friends usually update from your server. Would love it if you keep updating.

In past experiences I've had the "stable" ACE releases weren't much more stable than the beta releases, and thus find it a better idea to always play with the latest beta that has all the fixes and improvements that were made so far, even if once in a while something might break. Also I don't find it a big deal to update weekly, all you have to do is click 2-3 buttons while you're not playing and it updates.

Thanks for the hard work :)

In the folder @ACE/addons is a unpacked folder called x :confused:

Is this correct?

It got included by accident. It shouldn't do anything, and it's safe to remove it or leave it be, it'll be deleted by the updater automatically for the next update.

Why there is no preset for Arma2 standalone - ACE2 in SixUpdater? I can install only ace core and cba but no acex and sounds because they are "tied" to AO, which I dont have. Second question - is v1.5 only for AO? Are Arma2 guys left with 1.3 for good?

It got included by accident. It shouldn't do anything, and it's safe to remove it or leave it be, it'll be deleted by the updater automatically for the next update.

Thanks for the info ;)

Why there is no preset for Arma2 standalone - ACE2 in SixUpdater? I can install only ace core and cba but no acex and sounds because they are "tied" to AO, which I dont have. Second question - is v1.5 only for AO? Are Arma2 guys left with 1.3 for good?

Yes, as has been explained before, development has moved to OA. 1.3 is the last version for standalone A2.

I think you can still get "ACE_A2" on SIX which is 1.3 core.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Yes, as has been explained before, development has moved to OA. 1.3 is the last version for standalone A2.

I think you can still get "ACE_A2" on SIX which is 1.3 core.

Alright. Thanks for info. Then it would be a good idea to upload a 7z stable 1.3 package for Arma2 users and leave SIX for AO alone. It still kinda sucks the team cut sounds and extras out.

I think you can still get ACE for A2 from Kelly's Heros' Arma 2 YAS server (not the OA one which has ACE for OA).