Sign in to follow this  
digitalcenturion

[WIP] Northern Takistan map (1670 sq km)

First impressions are good, if one was to judge by the screens shown only. It would be great if there was a physical possibility of 'adding' this map to the existing Takistan that came with the box, just to 'extend' the area. A standalone version will be more than welcomed nonetheless. ;)

@AnimalMother92; Amen to that

PS: Wow, this olive Polish Hind over your map is probably the first screenshot of my addon since release. Cool to see someone is using it, hehe :D

Good luck with this project, can't wait to try it. I have Arma2 and I recently bought Operation Arrowhead. Will I be able to play this map with it? Also which is bigger Takistan or this?

Size is fantastic and ambitious, as stated before, dont sacifice the detail, good luck matey.

The screenshots look nice! Keep up the great work and good luck on your project! I always look forward to more maps for the Green Sea Region.

Best regards,

why didn't you pay 10 bucks more for CO? kinda silly

just because you didn't doesnt mean he should not use the wide variety of objects available in CO that are not available in vanilla oa

I feel the same way' date=' why not fork up $10 more for LOADS more content, its just a no brainer really.[/quote']

Why hit the reply button if you have nothing to say?

This map looks sweet man, nice and clean. Looking forward to some MP exploration =D...... Keep it up!

Thanks all for the comments, sorry i've been sort of absent from the thread but i've been churning away at the map. I got a lot of help offers so I won't be needing any more beta testers for now. I will upload a closed beta by the end of this week, and the goal is to have a open beta before Fallout New Vegas hits, because i suspect that will make my work morale go rapidly downwards.

Anyways, in other news, work on the map is going at a steady pace, i'm adding roads now which is very time consuming but nonetheless essential. Villages are high on the priority list but thanks to the excellent world tools 1.6 release i guess that will be taken care of quite nicely by me and the helpful clutter artists. I really can't stress enough that a map of this size should be a community effort to make it quality. Nature and elevation is easy enough but villages, roads and other cool details in the scenery needs to be mostly hand placed. So all you who PM'd me be ready to recieve a linky soonish.

the goal is to have a open beta before Fallout New Vegas hits, because i suspect that will make my work morale go rapidly downwards.

OR upwards... ;]

And yes, I do liked F3 but Vegas doesn't look so impressive to me atm.

Ok... Back to the "duck &wait for release" mode. ;)

Digital your works are looking great. And let me say, I'll put the cost of a case of beer or Health drink, your choice for the first to adapt Domination to his new map. Non ACE for my group but ACE also for those so incklined.:bounce3:

the goal is to have a open beta before Fallout New Vegas hits,

Woot! Can't wait for the beta! :D

Some screenshots, got the closed beta released to the testers this week. It still has got some unresolved issues but if i can get those fixed and the cluttering underway at a good pace I do not think it is unreasonable to see a open beta in less than a month. No promsises though. And those expecting the fidelity of the BIS maps on the first release will probably be disappointed. But those who want a bigger, more open playground will probably enjoy themselves a lot!

Some screenshots

dgc_takist_n_14.jpg

River leading up to Imirdin, aka big city

dgc_takist_n_15.jpg

Imirdin business part of town.

dgc_takist_n_16.jpg

A10 preparing to open up on Imiridin. You can see the approximate scale of the city here.

Wow looks nice... Incoming... something ;]

Oh wow! That's AWESOME!

I wish I got a beta :(

Awesome screenshots. You must be hard at work because it certainly seems like you've put a lot of time into the terrain! The city looks very appetizing I look forward to exploring it along with the rest of the map in about a month or whenever it is released to the public.

very very nice map :smile: I've been following this thread, I like the idea of expanding on the BIS map. Any new screen shots or any planned beta?

no villages please. they lag. thanks. no trees also.

So you just want hilly terrain? with nothing distinguishable?

I realise that villages and trees create lag, But whats the point in having just a desert with mountains?

What's wrong with you..

does your head feel a bit light sometimes

They already have a map for you I believe. It's called DESERT......;)

P.P.S. Before I upgraded my machine (which many who love/like ArmA cannot do), it was indeed agaonizing to play (spelled very bad frame rates). But now I average 60 so I am reasonably happy.

Edited by ChiefRedCloud