Sign in to follow this  
digitalcenturion

[WIP] Northern Takistan map (1670 sq km)

Thought it was about time i made a thread for the map I'm working on right now, called Northern Takistan. It is basically born out of a desire for more of that Takistan sweetness and an simple idea for creating large terrains with less effort.

So, some simple facts:

• Almost 41 x 41 km, that means over 1670 square km of terrain
  • Rivers running North, South and East connected by a lake in the middle
  • Mountains, valleys and deserts and a lot of farmland
  • Some larger cities (one implemented so far) and many smaller villages
  • Will require Combined Operations

Some screenshots of the latest version:

dgc_takist_n_09.jpg

dgc_takist_n_10.jpg

dgc_takist_n_11.jpg

dgc_takist_n_12.jpg

dgc_takist_n_13.jpg

Right now, it's about 10% done:

• Vegetation 99%
  • Roads 1%
  • Cities 25%
  • Villages 10%
  • Power network 5%
  • Cluttering and detailing 5%
  • Config 50%
  • Heightmap 90%

So, in order to make this baby come alive i would need some help. I aim to have a public beta out before christmas, probably a lot sooner too. However placing culture objects like cities, roads and villages take a lot of time. Also, testing is needed to find bugs and problems.

What i need, in order to ensure a timely completion of this project is:

• Mission makers to test the map for gameplay, for example by adapting some existing missions and seeing how my map copes
  • Mission makers who would like to partake in making a mini SP/COOP campaign for my map. It will be from the Takistani perspective, i have a basic synopsis thought out.. not a critical point but i think it could be nice!
  • People to assist in cluttering the map. It would be done by you in visitor and then through import-export scrips added to the main file by me. It's not difficult at all so no prior experience is needed. If you like to fiddle around in the editor creating bases and whatnot this can be for you!

PM me if you are interested, I will be away this week doing some navigation excersizes so i can reply at earliest on the 25th.

looks good, i'd be glad to make some SP missions on it. pm me or whutevar needs to be done.

The 3. picture looks so realistic with the water and all.

This looks absolutely brilliant, but please please please don't add a million villages/buildings like Isla Duala. Being able to have our team/unit get lost in the wilderness is essential for the right feel and the scale of this map is perfect. Keep up the good work!

This looks absolutely brilliant, but please please please don't add a million villages/buildings like Isla Duala. Being able to have our team/unit get lost in the wilderness is essential for the right feel and the scale of this map is perfect. Keep up the good work!

+1

Not to say that Duala isn't a fantastic and beautiful map, but occasionally it is fun to be miles from anywhere eg Northern Podogorsk.

Duly noted about the village density, one of the points of doing 41 by 41km is the ability to not have a super cluttered "mini world" but rather a terrain with beliavable proportions and distances. So no 5km high mountains either next to lakes and so forth. And thanks to all who have PMd me, I'll get back to you during the weekend!

Really looking forward to this island.

Especially for flying

waaaouuu beautiful:yay::yay:

, nice work I look forward to play on.

On one picture you see is he going to cross a river map??

because it might be nice to do when in iraq with boat patrols

)rStrangelove;1754100']This is perfect for a chopper campaign tbh.

Or a ridiculous game of Domination. :yay:

I don't like being a sceptic, but won't the map be running on fairly low fps? Seems very big, I would be happy with a map that was 30 x 30, but if this works it could get used more than BIS's Central Takistan map.:D

Damn great map, but why oh why it has to need combined ops :/

Looks great! looking forward to some HUGE battles in the desert :)

Take your time with this!

Put in as much details as possible.

Damn great map, but why oh why it has to need combined ops :/

why didn't you pay 10 bucks more for CO? kinda silly

just because you didn't doesnt mean he should not use the wide variety of objects available in CO that are not available in vanilla oa

)rStrangelove;1754184']Or Insurgency with 10000 sectors to clear lol. 50 ammo caches to find. Gah! :bounce3:

That would be E-P-I-C. :yay:

I cannot wait for this map, keep it up DigitalCenturion.

why didn't you pay 10 bucks more for CO? kinda silly

just because you didn't doesnt mean he should not use the wide variety of objects available in CO that are not available in vanilla oa

I feel the same way, why not fork up $10 more for LOADS more content, its just a no brainer really.

Looks very promising, just remember to focus on details and not just make it big for the sake of being big ;)

PM me if ya want missions/feedback when it's needed..

Simply beautiful. The rivers look epic, along with the landscape surrounding it. As mentioned above, just keep the detail in the villages. :)