Sign in to follow this  
VanhA-ICON

Bohemian Carnivores [Comb-12]

Hello good citizens of ArmAland.

Do you remember the Czech heavy metal band "Bohemian Carnivores"?

They had 2 top ten hits: "Pissing the Red River" and "Shot in the face and bleeding some".

Well, anyway... the guys are in trouble and need a hand:

My 3rd OA mission:

co12 Bohemian Carnivores v1.1

*Requires ArmA2 (Combined)

*Revive AI-enabled

*Satellite view

*Nasty surprises for everyone

*Ugliest tour bus the mankind has seen so far

:cool:

Download from my repository

From armedassault.info

Armaholic link

Story/background:

A Czech metal band called Bohemian Carnivores were asked to play a consert in Rasman to show good will amongst locals and the UN peacekeepers.

Unfortunately local imams from the militia took as a personal insult having that kind of western satanism upon their holy land.

As a result their tour bus was confiscated and the band alongside their manager found themselves facing a firing squad....

A czech special forces team has been enjoying a little time off in the UN base in Garmsar when the news break out.

The band has been eliminated and revenge must follow.

roadie.jpg

Detailed scenario description/objectives:

- Task 1: Get the bus keys from the warlord

- Task 2: Drive the bus back to UN base

CREDITS & THANKS:

-----------------

*taskmaster & objectmover by Shuko

*JTF-2 squad for testing

*Revive v0.49b by norrin

*satellite by Vienna

*Eject by Matt Rochelle

*Kylania and andersson & others in BI editing forum for scripting help

I worked very hard with this one and we've been testing it a lot on a dedicated server (Thanks JTF-2!).

I hope you enjoy the ride as much as we did.

VanhA

Edited by VanhA-ICON
update

VanhA,

Tis always a pleasure to have first shot at testing your great missions. All who read this, it is yet another excellent mission to be playing with your squad mates.

Top ho and splendidly spiffing old chap :-D

great stuff,tried it twice and didnt came further than 1000m to the bus location before i got lit up

Sadly,when playing alone the AI wont go for reviving you,therefor i had 2 quick deaths ...

Even playing only a short percentage of this i´m sure this is a mission i will need to sink my teeth in alot more often till i complete it - which is ace,to easy missions are for justin biever fans :cool:

Goddammit,page2?

Not anymore!

great stuff,tried it twice and didnt came further than 1000m to the bus location before i got lit up

Sadly,when playing alone the AI wont go for reviving you,therefor i had 2 quick deaths ...

Even playing only a short percentage of this i´m sure this is a mission i will need to sink my teeth in alot more often till i complete it - which is ace,to easy missions are for justin biever fans :cool:

Goddammit,page2?

Not anymore!

Yeah, I noticed the AI revivers are bloody lazy sometimes.

(There are some bugs in revive which hopefully get sorted by norrin.... I'll update the mission then)

The bus has 4 different locations it can be in (all in that village).

Playing alone one could have AI spearhead with M2-humvee and secure the road ahead maybe. One tactic could be trying to take out the AT-checkpoint and use D-30 to pound the HQ and then go get the keys and so on...

However, prepare for additional nastyness after that.

:)

Edited by VanhA-ICON
typo

However, prepare for additional nastyness after that.

the hell?

Its really a hard nut to crack,but i m blaming the "playing alone" stuff for that,having 2-3 players i imagine its even more fun to play

On a side note,my AIs stop working after their 1st death,they react quite a few minutes after being revived/aided but i wasnt able to move/order them anymore 2minutes after that - and they just stayed there proned declining every order i gave em - worked well all the time before and still is with the non-shot ones i had in use

And the vehicle service stations (US) do serve my vehicles but sadly not the enemy vehicles (which is a bummer when placed in a enemy supply place)

*thumbs up*

On a side note,my AIs stop working after their 1st death,they react quite a few minutes after being revived/aided but i wasnt able to move/order them anymore 2minutes after that - and they just stayed there proned declining every order i gave em - worked well all the time before and still is with the non-shot ones i had in use

And the vehicle service stations (US) do serve my vehicles but sadly not the enemy vehicles (which is a bummer when placed in a enemy supply place)

*thumbs up*

Yeah, the revive version (0.49b) seems a tad bugged and I'll do an update when it's fixed.

Good note about the service station. I'll make a mental note of that also for possible update.

Its really a hard nut to crack,but i m blaming the "playing alone" stuff for that,having 2-3 players i imagine its even more fun to play

Yeah, we've only managed to play through it once and there were 6 of us playing then.

PM me if you want a version for yourself where revive is changed so that it does not end when all players unsconscious.

That is easily changed.

Edited by VanhA-ICON

Aaaaaaaaaaw you b******,seriously you are a tricky mission maker - why the hell didnt i took into account you

triggered IEDs by weight!!!

i was otw back base with the truck and passed a cleared supply stock as the IED at the crossroad gone off,the 2nd IED explosion wasted my truck finally and i didnt had a chance to react lol

i even thougt of the IED at that place but went "nah,wont happen - passed it 4 times with vehicles" then > aaaaaaaarggggghl!

endk.th.jpg

Slap in my face just point black man!

Great job on this mission,it took me close to 2,5h to play it *two thumbs up*

Salute the fallen! :notworthy:

saluteband.th.jpg

:clap:

Actually I tried to set the IED so that it only spooks you.

(A second IED?? wot?)

Maybe I should tune it to go off a tad earlier. I only meant it for a "changing underwear" effect... since it's not all there's after that.

:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll come and assist you sometime.

Thanks for the feedback m8. (Nice pics btw)

would be great if there was a few notes etc in the mission?

dl ed awhile ago and couldnt figure out where to go etc. until i came back to ask what the deal was i saw you wrote map instructions in the forum.

notes?

*cough*

ingamenotes.th.jpg

:D

On a side note,why is there no music @ mission start/end ingame?

As example,when boarding the bus the main theme of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" could play,or some decent "Slayer" music when leaving base in order to light em up ... :D

Endless possibilities :cool:

And oh yea,the Vehicle Service points do service enemy vehicles,i guess i took the wrong side when trying to resupply my capped vehicle

Ooooooopsieee! :yay:

The notes section is done by "Taskmaster" which is mainly designed for dedicated use and dedicated is the main target I make my missions.

@TheScar:

Yeah, I will add some music atmosphere as well. I've been doing some fixing and tuning and have some other ideas as well like attaching ammobox/sandbags to vehicles.

Problem with adding custom music is that the file size rockets skyhigh.

Like when I used "Cowboys from hell" in the mission named by the song.

(I think that was the last mission I made for vanilla A2)

But I'll see if I could jinx some extra in it...

Yeah, I was wondering about the vehicle service point because it is Takistani side object.

;)

Thank you all for the feedback and interest!

Updated version released.

Changes:

*Added 3rd respawn point in new CZ outpost area

*Tweaked AI reviving behavior

*Fixed errors in revive scripts

*Added some music (intro/outro)

*Did some pimping for the vehicles (see pic)

*Changed the ammocrate for mobile spawn as CZ one

*Enemy position adjustments

*Added alternative condition in one of the triggers

*Small adjustments

box.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by VanhA-ICON

Excellent mission, good fun to play.

Wee bug mission only works if you select it from the mission list ie failing and hitting continue gets the "all players are unconcious" bug from having respawn west to close to the spawn point.

Some random enemies would be good they in the same spots everytime.

Excellent mission, good fun to play.

Wee bug mission only works if you select it from the mission list ie failing and hitting continue gets the "all players are unconcious" bug from having respawn west to close to the spawn point.

Some random enemies would be good they in the same spots everytime.

Yeah, that bug I know also. I'll probably do another version when norrin straightens out some of the other issues in revive.

There is some randomness but it's mainly on unit numbers. LIke a patrol might have 3 units or then it might have 6 etc..

I'll keep that in mind for the next version.

yey,uploaded and played the 1.1 creation today,very well done and i still got caught pants down just when i thougt i´d be save

I 2nd the "randomisation" of the mission,because once u played it its easy as cake when u can guess on a enemy position with a accuracy of 95%

Some more Sniper camps along the roads,1-2 random patrol (chance of possibility?) patroling the area would make a nice addition too and why not make use of a T55 ... could add some additional challenge?

Three things i noticed on playing,run into those issues on 1.0 too :

Once any of my AI gets killed and revived/respawn i dont have them in control anymore

notavailableai.th.jpg

The blast radius of the IED is massive,srsly thats a bit over the top aint it?

blastradiusw.th.jpg

blastradius2.th.jpg

my AI was positioned around the city in/on houses

The enemy around the bus location/mosque is kinda lazy engaging my troops,the most fire i took from LeeEnfiled guys,RPGs dont happen and AK47 or FAL fire is very hardly noticable

I´m running ZeusAI,which should em make a bit more aggressive but i gotta say its hardly a big thing to deal with - any chance of making them abit more aware?

Again,thumbs up!

I am aware of all those things.

I suspect the AI thing has something to do with revive scripts but I'm waiting for norrin to return to look at the scripts.

The IED could be a tad smaller maybe yes....

About the third issue, it is something I considered tweaking. I might throw in UPS for that area.

*Not sure about the T-55 though... I had that in mind first but I was trying to avoid it feeling too hard.

I want people to enjoy it and not play with teeth glenched while blood sputters from the gums, lol

I'll do my best that the future version is more agile.

Thank you again for constructive feedback m8.

VanhA

Edited by VanhA-ICON

Great mission, good job... :cc:

Played it with 6 people today. Some good and hard battles in the cities...

No bugs encountered. Only the ammobox attach points were strange, inside the ground.

Only the ammobox attach points were strange, inside the ground.

Ahh... It seems they need to be re-tuned for MP environment.. I'll try to fix that too in future version.

Thanks for the heads up.

:o