Sign in to follow this  
bfcrusader

New crafts?

Will there be new vehicles, like gunships for instance?

Personally I think it's enough with Mantas and Walruses, but if there will be more vehicles then it's fine too.

Besides gunships, what more could there be do you think? And what will these vehicles be called?

If I am not mistaken, the Mantas' and Walruses' names are in reality abbreviations, but I don't remember what right now.

If I were to venture a guess, the gunship would be called Crab. The abbreviation could be as follows; Close Reconnaissance Armored Battlecraft

The Crab would be better armored than the Manta, but comparatively slower, being a gunship and all. Its weapons might still be on par with the Manta though. Maneuverability would be of course different than the Manta since it will be able to hover and fly sideways and backwards.

Edited by BFCrusader

I expect a full range of customisable Vehicles, why would this not be the case. Scout, Fighter, Support can all be fitted in.

Or we could get manta where you can set amount of armor and weapons, both with effect on fuel consumption. Scout will be light armor (anti radar armor maybe?), (almost) without weapons, extended fuel tanks, better radar -> huge range, large intel.

That would be awesome :)

Or maybe the Mantas now sport a controllable version of their hover ability. In the first game they only utilized their hover ability to land on the carrier and very very short ascending for take-off. In flight this wasn't doable. The Mantas in this game look like they have a propulsion system capable of doing this. This might eliminate the need for gunships, especially if they implement the features Skipped1 mentioned.