Sign in to follow this  
motorpyshco

Lost aiming recticle on my weapons

I don't know if this has been posted in the past, but I was playing the game and all of a sudden I lost my aiming recticle. It was there and now it's gone. I restarted the game, nothing and also rebooted the compute and still no aiming recticle.

The Iron sights and scope sights are functioning great, it's just I don't have any aiming recticle to take a quick aim.

I play the game in regular difficulty, and I checked the difficulty edit page and it stated that I have the weapon aiming enable selected, but I don't have the aiming recticle anywhere on the screen.

Wonder if someone could help me out on getting it back or get another one.

Thanks

Hi all

I never came across that function of FADE.

More Likely you have changed to higher dificulty setting, or have MOD operating that removes cursor based sights. The higher dificulty/realism levels turn off the cursor sight mode so that you have to use iron sights as you would in the real world.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

No on the Fade. All my stuff including the game is bought legally.

As for Walker's response, I don't have a MOD that removes the base sights, and also I have the aiming cursor sigths enable selected in the advance difficulty section.

Hopefully somebody can help me out and find a solution or maybe there is a addon that has additional aiming cursors out there.

Well if it's not fade nor the difficulty setting, nor any mods used, the only advice I can give is to try a fresh new install.

kind regards

Damn, I hate doing that, unless there another way. If not, then I guess that's the way to go?

Damn, I hate doing that, unless there another way. If not, then I guess that's the way to go?

I'm afraid so. I can't really explain why it did happen. Really strange. No Fade, no mods, no difficulty settings.

If you're on DVD version it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Install . . . use the latest patch. Just a bit of lost time but you should be done quickly.

kind regards

p.s. are you using the latest beta patch? By the way you do mean the crosshair don't you. Or is the recticle gone when you switch to optics?

Edited by nettrucker
question

Yes I have installed the latest patch I believe 1.07, and yes the crosshair/recticle sights not the iron sights or using the scope which are working fine.

Have you checked your game-settings-difficult-options while playing? There u can turn such things like the crosshair in all difficult settings. I have the german-version of the game,so i can´t tell you the excact name of the option.

Have you ACE running? There the crosshair is turned off.

Yes I have installed the latest patch I believe 1.07, and yes the crosshair/recticle sights not the iron sights or using the scope which are working fine.

In the difficult settings you can enable the crosshair on every setting apart from Expert. Expert crosshair is disabled by default.

kind regards

No, I have the difficult settings on regular (not that good yet to put it on advance or expert) and the crosshair are enable.

Good infomation from all. Thanks anyway guys, I really do appricate it, This forum is awesome with you all helping out.

You are welcome.

sorry I couldn't help you out with a proper solution, but it's the first time that I heard of loosing the crosshair in game.

Try a new install.

kind regards

if you didn't start the reinstall yet, try backing up your profile folder and create a new one ingame, check the difficulty settings and spawn yourself in the editor - is the crosshair working?

If you only play online, know that the server controls what difficulty you're on, not your own difficulty settings. So on a server that doesn't allow crosshairs, you would never be able to turn them back on.

Consider difficulty setting only as something you can control for singleplayer games or while messing with the editor. You might know this, but you never know...

I lost it the other day

All i did was press the "*" key on numpad to bring it back up

The "*" key on the right handside numpad turns it on and off and maybe Numlock has to be selected, not sure to if it's with Num Lock on and off

Try it

Edited by vasmkd

Cole tried the backup on my profile and created a new one...still no go.

Vas, I'll try that "*" and see if that works. At at ropes end.

Anybody else has any suggestion I am open?

Sorry it was thew "/" key next to it but it's not working now. For some reason happened to me 2 beta's ago but maybe it was a mod or something causing it.

The "/" numpad key does nothing now