Sign in to follow this  
D.Ginzbourg

British Armed Forces - Got Some Hard Times With It

Hello I'm David,

I recently played ArmA 2 OA with the bought BAF mod. Now first it worked all fine, and really enjoyed it. But now I have no clue why, when I look at the BAF choppers, I see this:

http://i51.tinypic.com/fyo6lf.jpg

Please help me find out how to fix this bug, I have tried changing texture graphics and everything, but didn't work ....

Thanks for all helpers, I hope I posted this post at the right forum lol.

It looks like what happens to me when an object is loading, for me it usually fixes itself in 5 or less seconds.

Seems quite strange, maybe your object quality is down?

I don't have a clue what is making it like that, It could possibly be that your download went wrong and didn't download any high quality models of the helicopters (or the Merlin), maybe the server was making it like that.

These are probably wrong but it's all i can think of.

Might be due to the way you insert your mod lines. I had the issue with OA initially.

Ensure you start without any other mods to confirm.

It's just slow LOD loading. I've noticed sometimes they don't load at all, at which case if you flush (Left Shift + numpad minus, then type F-L-U-S-H) it tends to go away if not on the first flush, then the second.

These sound like much better suggestions than mine, by the way were you running another program to make it load slowly? eg. virus scan, Mod download.

What mods are you running?

Wasn't this problem already addressed and fixed in another thread? I swear I saw something about this. I can't find it though.

yep.. happens with me alot too.. never had it before I got BAF.

Takes many seconds for it to load properly.

if running beta, make sure BAF is after beta in the modline like -mod=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion;BAF

I noticed same problem, but not with BAF but random models. Sometimes they all load OK, sometimes Takistani soldier is bugged, sometimes Abrams etc.

I am not pretty sure: could it be connected with very high video memory settings?

Well somehow it didn't happen today when played, not even when switched servers, i bet it was just one time bug, if it happens again i'll use the F-L-U-S-H command with LS + N.Minus

Thanks for all helpers, have a good day.

Edited because i should read things thoroughly before thinking i knew the answer.

:hang:

Edited by CannonousCrash

Just press escape & hold the game for a few second or minutes - all the LOD's will load.

Then resume the game. Big deal, you honestly never saw this before ?

I had the same problem after the patch/BAF upgrade. Linked my problem back to the ATI drivers not playing well with the new BI patches/upgrades.

Rolled my ATI drivers back to 10.4 and all the long texture loads disappeared!