Sign in to follow this  
Sower79

Buggy rocks

What RV3 needs is decent physics... These kind of bugs make me sad... BIS games are the best have played but miss one of the things i love to see well implemented in games. Good Physics!!! Maybe one day...

OpenCL BIS... OPEN CL....

OpenGL + OpenCL if you ask me (Dwarden is already a fan of those iRC)

Voted as well. I still love to watch an enemy AI unit get propelled many feet in the air to his death by touching a rock during a firefight. :D

Being on a "no-respawn" Op with my unit, bouncing in the air from one of these and dying is not fun.

Really hope this is fixed soon.

Oh yeah, something went terribly wrong with these rocks. I wonder what causes all these problems? Path-Lod's partially sunk in Geo-Lods? Too little slopes/holes in the path-lod, so the unit standing there oscillates/jumps, because it can't decide which contact point needs to be respected?

Anyway, considering there are only 16 rock/stone/boulder models and probably not all of them are broken, I really hope to see this fixed in the next stable (or data-) patch.

I can't ever remember having a problem with rocks in stock ArmA 2, there are awesome large rock formations that you can climb all over without an issue all over Chernarus.

Not sure what happened but rocks are worse in OA than they where in Armed Assault.

Major Issue, needs addressing asap.

The major difference I would say could be that slopes are far steeper on Takistan, leading to LODs that were usually underground be revealed and show their ugly faces

The major difference I would say could be that slopes are far steeper on Takistan, leading to LODs that were usually underground be revealed and show their ugly faces
the worst rock areas are not on a slope....

Maybe if we catalog every spot we can get a fix over time, I know i have a few marked to advoid.

But as bugs go this is complete fail...

I use these rocks on my island and even the ones on the flat ground are bugged. Clipping occurs and sometimes player MP is stuck so he has to jump around (stepover key) to get out of the solid rock.

Other times you're propelled into the air, it sure is lolz-moment for all players seeing that, but damn annoying if you have no respawn or base respawn few clicks away from the battlezone.

I use these rocks on my island and even the ones on the flat ground are bugged. Clipping occurs and sometimes player MP is stuck so he has to jump around (stepover key) to get out of the solid rock.

Other times you're propelled into the air, it sure is lolz-moment for all players seeing that, but damn annoying if you have no respawn or base respawn few clicks away from the battlezone.

lol this is exactly what has happened to me several times. Usually my guy finally clears the "barrier" when he's 15ft. in the air and falls to his death/breaks his legs. Very annoying...

Playing Cipher in Operation Arrowhead, I find that often I'll be crawling along BESIDE a large boulder, and my guy suddenly gets lifted up, then dropped, getting injured! Seems like the bounding box on the boulders are a little bit off (or something in general is out of whack with the whole 'crawling on a boulder' system... in that I'll be beside it, and it thinks for a moment I'm on it, then changes its mind).

My foot or elbow may have hit it, but that still shouldn't trigger a sudden 'I'm now on the rock, ...oh, wait, no, I'm in midair, and falling' routine.

Didn't run into that with Arma2. Happened a few times now with OA.

Fully patched on all apps.

Problem is known and ticketed: Issue #12043.

A dev set the target version of this issue to "upcoming version", so we can presume it will be fixed in the next patch.

I think the situation has improved allready in the latest betas, I can wander around freely between the rocks in Takistan without getting stuck in bunny- hopping- mode now.

bump/

I died hundred times because of the bunny hopping :(

No need to bump - it's a problem with the game, the devs know about it, they are working on it, be patient 'til the next patch.

bump/

I died hundred times because of the bunny hopping :(

Consider it as a "challenge" ;).

Last night I played a mission where my AI spotter got himself stuck on a boulder, endlessly bouncing. Looked positively obscene while prone :D I had to place him on a charge.

At least the devs know... That's good.

Edited by ladlon

Fixing this will probably do good for all collision detection related problems.

gotta put my two cents in here too - this is one annoying bug, and it's gotten me killed quite a few times already

sometimes you die because the "trampoline effect" launches you straight across the enemy's line-of-sight, other times you just get "thrown off" and die from the fall or, every now and then you simply get mawed by the soldier-eating bugs that apparently live in those rocks...

which is a shame, because some of those rocks would otherwise make for excellent cover... but they can be more dangerous than the enemy

Cover and cover :p Tonight we got seriously suppressed (whole target area under suppressFor command) by enemy who tried to convince use to stay put so their mortar rounds would hit.

Have you ever been suppressed by ZU-23 using JSRS? Anyway, the ZUs that suppressed us actually KILLED a large lump of rock - our so called cover (we were waiting for them to reload so we could run for it - we knew what was coming).

So, I guess solid rock in OA isn't always as solid as we hope :D

Cover and cover :p Tonight we got seriously suppressed (whole target area under suppressFor command) by enemy who tried to convince use to stay put so their mortar rounds would hit.

Have you ever been suppressed by ZU-23 using JSRS? Anyway, the ZUs that suppressed us actually KILLED a large lump of rock - our so called cover (we were waiting for them to reload so we could run for it - we knew what was coming).

So, I guess solid rock in OA isn't always as solid as we hope :D

Yes I noticed this too awhile back. A ZSU-23 opened up on the AT guy using a huge boulder as cover and after several hits it sunk into the ground and disappeared. That might also be a reason why they're so buggy