Sign in to follow this  
Sower79

Buggy rocks

Why does the game starts buggy on the rocks, all the time to jump start a character, why is this not correct? :mad:

Colission detection, animations, input processing delay, surface class?

The issue is still worked on.

You mean the rocks, the player can just automatically jump on it or even get stuck?

Its the problem with objects - I use the same rocks on my island and same issue appeared. When I use my new rocks that doesn't happen. Hopefully BIS can check out gray rocks and collision detection on the model (MLODs).

Edited by IceBreakr

thats why we had rocks with and without roadways on the 3DE Island (arma 1).

Only in this way it was possible to build holes or caves without beaming the player up on the rock.

You mean the rocks, the player can just automatically jump on it or even get stuck?

Its the problem with objects - I use the same rocks on my island and same issue appeared. When I use my new rocks that doesn't happen. Hopefully BIS can check out gray rocks and collision detection on the model (MLODs).

Well, when I stand next to or accidentally stepped on a stone that's when they begin bugs.

I think this is really a "high" priority matter.

Anyone knows if there is an issue ticket about this in Dev-heaven?..

The rocks in OA are a total disaster.

Yep, especially annoying in multiplayer :eek:

true

And that must be a total pain for your squad ;)

This is one of the most annoying bugs for me at the moment.

Sometimes the workaround is to hit the jump key and try moving forwards, backwards, left or right to get out of being stuck - It doesn't work all the time though.

Was killed twice yesterday because of being stuck on a rock.

I tried to take cover behind a rock that was at the edge of a huge slope, i came too close & the rock made me jump over it. Needless to say the landing was rather painful. I swear that Takistan rebel smiled when he gave me the rest lol. :p

Yeah, the rocks are a big issue and it really happens to everyone, not just single incidents.

Agreed. I've green voted both the CIT's on this.

true

And that must be a total pain for your squad ;)

I spend more of my time on the Armacalypse and C5 servers than I do my own squad's server, but everyone I am on Teamspeak with knows how much I hate those damn rocks. It is not just one or two rocks, and you have to be wary of even walking within a couple of meters of some of them or risk being shot into the air. In my opinion, this problem really detracts from any type of meaningful game play in areas that have lots of boulders and smaller rocks covering the landscape. I have been playing the BIS games since 2001 and I expect some bugs. I know they release patches but with OA the volume as well as the nature of the flaws really adds to frustration for even the most die-hard fans. I really hope this particular problem is addressed, and sooner than later as I and many others consider this problem to be severe.

I can't ever remember having a problem with rocks in stock ArmA 2, there are awesome large rock formations that you can climb all over without an issue all over Chernarus.

Not sure what happened but rocks are worse in OA than they where in Armed Assault.

Major Issue, needs addressing asap.

I once hit a rock in an APC. I was damaged at the time, couldn't shoot etc. I was going downhill, hit the rock at 90 or so, flew up 100-150 meters into the air, and when I landed I was completely repaired.

I'm still looking for the rock that gives me ammo.

I once hit a rock in an APC. I was damaged at the time, couldn't shoot etc. I was going downhill, hit the rock at 90 or so, flew up 100-150 meters into the air, and when I landed I was completely repaired.

I'm still looking for the rock that gives me ammo.

I'd like one of those. I was driving full speed in a Stryker not long ago and a tiny rock I ran over killed me, vehicle was fine though. (not downhill like that other bug)

What RV3 needs is decent physics... These kind of bugs make me sad... BIS games are the best have played but miss one of the things i love to see well implemented in games. Good Physics!!! Maybe one day...

OpenCL BIS... OPEN CL....

I just added my vote on the CTI.

I do remember a mention from BIS member (cannot remember exactly who or what thread) that rocks were being looked into though.