I think I found a bug, I was playing with ASR_AI and the latest beta and the enemies would be firing at me, then they would turn towards the other members of their squad and instead of ceasing fire as soon as they stopped engaging me, they would keep firing and would often kill several members of their own squad

I think I found a bug, I was playing with ASR_AI and the latest beta and the enemies would be firing at me, then they would turn towards the other members of their squad and instead of ceasing fire as soon as they stopped engaging me, they would keep firing and would often kill several members of their own squad

If they were using Machine Guns, this may be a vanilla bug. I can't find the reference to it at the moment, but it was reported in one of the beta threads.

Yeah I think it was with the machine guns. They would also fire when they were crawling prone

Yeah I think it was with the machine guns. They would also fire when they were crawling prone

I found the post in the beta thread which explains this - here it is.

I got a question:

Do i have to modify the server Ai settings also? i just put the addon on the server + userconfig, exact the same i'm using as client. I got the feeling that server AI is super awesome, but not mine, 1 server guy takes out like 6 of my Ai squad guys. I may screwed sth. up ..Any help appreciated, cause that doesn't make any sense..They are way too accurate.

ahm, i just looked into our ded server:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.995;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.4899998;

isn't 0.995 a bit too high? there was something regarding skill level and patch 1.60 right?

Also i did not touch this array:

/* 0 (perfect) */ [],

/* 1 (sf 1) */ ["sf_18d","sf_18c","sf_18z","sf_18b","sf_18e","sf_18a"],

/* 2 (sf 2) */ ["ibr_mutant"],

/* 3 (reg 1) */ ["bink_usmc_tl","bink_usmc_sl","bink_usmc_dmr","bink_usmc_scout","bink_usmc_scout_l","bink_usmc_tl_des","bink_usmc_sl_des","bink_usmc_dmr_des","bink_usmc_scout_des","bink_usmc_scout_l_des","rb_teamleader"],

/* 4 (reg 2) */ ["ibr_bodyguard"],

/* 5 (ins 1) */ ["ibr_arl_officer","ibr_arl_sniper","ibr_arl_sab"],

/* 6 (ins 2) */ ["ibr_rebel11","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel111","ibr_rebel125","ibr_rebel132","ibr_rebel145","ibr_rebel151","ibr_arl_rif","ibr_arl_rif2","ibr_arl_mg","ibr_arl_ar","ibr_arl_at","ibr_arl_aa","ibr_arl_crew","ibr_arl_medic","ibr_drg_man1"],

/* 7 (civ) */ ["ibr_arl_stoner1"],

/* 8 (pilot 1) */ [],

/* 9 (pilot 2) */ ["ibr_arl_pilot"],

/* 10 (sniper) */ []

];

Which skill level do the units haven then? And do i need to put all the units being used on the server in this array? When i think about Duala, Lingor, Cherna, Takistan and Co. that seems to be a lot of work..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

I got a question:

Do i have to modify the server Ai settings also? i just put the addon on the server + userconfig, exact the same i'm using as client. I got the feeling that server AI is super awesome, but not mine, 1 server guy takes out like 6 of my Ai squad guys. I may screwed sth. up ..Any help appreciated, cause that doesn't make any sense..They are way too accurate.

ahm, i just looked into our ded server:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.995;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.4899998;

isn't 0.995 a bit too high? there was something regarding skill level and patch 1.60 right?

Yes if the precisionFriendly and precisionEnemy are ignored then you have expert marksmen at 0.99.

To counter, you can set lower skill levels for each difficulty level there then tweak the accuracy levels in userconfig\ASR_AI.

I will need to tweak the defaults a bit for the next version.

Also i did not touch this array:

/* 0 (perfect) */ [],

/* 1 (sf 1) */ ["sf_18d","sf_18c","sf_18z","sf_18b","sf_18e","sf_18a"],

/* 2 (sf 2) */ ["ibr_mutant"],

/* 3 (reg 1) */ ["bink_usmc_tl","bink_usmc_sl","bink_usmc_dmr","bink_usmc_scout","bink_usmc_scout_l","bink_usmc_tl_des","bink_usmc_sl_des","bink_usmc_dmr_des","bink_usmc_scout_des","bink_usmc_scout_l_des","rb_teamleader"],

/* 4 (reg 2) */ ["ibr_bodyguard"],

/* 5 (ins 1) */ ["ibr_arl_officer","ibr_arl_sniper","ibr_arl_sab"],

/* 6 (ins 2) */ ["ibr_rebel11","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel111","ibr_rebel125","ibr_rebel132","ibr_rebel145","ibr_rebel151","ibr_arl_rif","ibr_arl_rif2","ibr_arl_mg","ibr_arl_ar","ibr_arl_at","ibr_arl_aa","ibr_arl_crew","ibr_arl_medic","ibr_drg_man1"],

/* 7 (civ) */ ["ibr_arl_stoner1"],

/* 8 (pilot 1) */ [],

/* 9 (pilot 2) */ ["ibr_arl_pilot"],

/* 10 (sniper) */ []

];

Which skill level do the units haven then? And do i need to put all the units being used on the server in this array? When i think about Duala, Lingor, Cherna, Takistan and Co. that seems to be a lot of work..

You don't need to. All vanilla and many mod units (including those from Duala and Lingor) are supported. To analyze skill level for each unit you can look in the pbos, check the sources at dev-heaven or use Jedra's script from a few posts back.

Edited by Robalo

Hey,

first to say I love your mod. AI-Mods are my favorite and this is the best by far. I have one thing on my mind that could make the experience even better imho:

Is there a way make the AI-Groups stick together more, advancing in a more group-focused way? Right now very often you see some lonely AI moving at least 100m in front of everyone else. When the group-leader is giving an attack order, most of the time at least one squadmembers will attack alone or wait in the back to be left behind.

Robalo,

These server AI settings are somewhat confusing, could you give us a recommended default starting point settings for the server.cfg file that would be used with this addon?

Flip86:

I would tweak it if I knew how, but I think it just depends on the skill levels.

vengeance1:

Check post #20 of this thread. The defaults were tweaked to just work, but I will try to provide even better ones next time.

before class skills entries in the config file there are comments. Do these need to be removed for those skill settings to be used?

No, they are in-line comments (i.e they start and end) - leave them in as it will help you when you have forgotten what each one is!!

vengeance1:

Check post #20 of this thread. The defaults were tweaked to just work, but I will try to provide even better ones next time.

Ok thanks

how to install this on ace

Check Readme or first post for instructions.

There's nothing special about the install process and ACE, it's all the same.

Edited by Robalo

For some reason the mod seemed to have stopped working.

When I first installed it, the AI changed remarkably, but now it seems the AI can crank off shots from long distances and hit me in the head repeatedly in rapid succession.

It seems like there's nothing I can do to change the behavior of the stock units.

Are there any addons that have compatibility issues with your mod?

For some reason the mod seemed to have stopped working.

When I first installed it, the AI changed remarkably, but now it seems the AI can crank off shots from long distances and hit me in the head repeatedly in rapid succession.

It seems like there's nothing I can do to change the behavior of the stock units.

Are there any addons that have compatibility issues with your mod?

I'm sure there are some out there, but I haven't compiled any list if that's what you're looking for.

I'd first check if CBA is installed and activated properly, then perhaps check the userconfig and see if features are not disabled there.

Also, you're running latest beta build (89606), it might be incompatible. That will be fixed in the upcoming version.

Edited by Robalo

Hopefully it addresses some of those issues with the update.

I was also meaning to ask you, because I have been playing around with a script tool used to track inconsistencies in AI detection behavior by m.g-c

Does your mod enhance the way the AI hears anything other than gunfire?

Can the AI hear anything other than gunfire?

It seems to me that the AI either is psychic or has super hearing, as they inappropriately detected me far out of auditory detection range.

I would just suggest if that is an enhancement made to the mod, that maybe the AI sensitivity is... considerably attenuated.

Seeing the AI detect me from two diametrically opposing positions without any line of sight was just disheartening to say the least. Knowing that the vast majority of the time the AI will have the drop on you (for no good reason) kind of kills the immersion of the game.

@Pd3:

You should try it without other mods, because what you describe is not by design and is far different from my experience. AI hearing was tweaked a bit upwards but at the same time the soldier movement was configured to be less audible by AI. The goal was to have AI hear better overall without affecting your ability to sneak up on them (I like getting close and shooting them in the head with SD pistols :)

The situation you describe could be from an enemy spotter that reported your position to another group, that could not detect you otherwise. I would be happy to check your scenario and debug the issue if you can provide all the info in a ticket.

@Robalo: I read all I could about the new approach to skill settings in 1.60, but I was totally unable to get a clear picture of the changes. So to you, basically: do you still recommend the same settings for skillEnemy and skillFriendly that you would before 1.60? Do you recommend changing those in the .cfg file, or through the skill UI?

It seems AI without nightvision can see laser. If i approch with silencer by night, AI don't move but if i turn ON my laser, AI see me and start to shoot.

Can you do something?

@Robalo: I read all I could about the new approach to skill settings in 1.60, but I was totally unable to get a clear picture of the changes. So to you, basically: do you still recommend the same settings for skillEnemy and skillFriendly that you would before 1.60? Do you recommend changing those in the .cfg file, or through the skill UI?

I recommend going with defaults in the .Arma2OAProfile file (slightly higher than my recommended) and tweaking the userconfig, esp. lowering the accuracy skills there.

New version will provide better values by default and a new format for the userconfig (config instead of code).

Some info here about the settings used for testing current dev version.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

It seems AI without nightvision can see laser. If i approch with silencer by night, AI don't move but if i turn ON my laser, AI see me and start to shoot.

Can you do something?

Interesting find. Does it happen without mods ? If that's true then I can't do anything about it, better try to make a good repro and create a ticket on the CIT to get it fixed.

Hi Robalo,

Don't know if this affects anything or by design but while mucking around last night I noticed that some weapons used settings for ACE even without ACE being loaded?

I haven't tested all weapons but the one I saw was the following...

currentWeapon: AK_107_kobra
currentMuzzle: AK_107_kobra
currentWeaponMode: [b]ACE_Burst_Far[/b]

currentWeapon: AK_107_GL_kobra
currentMuzzle: AK_107_GL_kobra

currentWeapon: AK_107_pso
currentMuzzle: AK_107_pso

Some other tested weapons that seems OK...

currentWeapon: Pecheneg
currentMuzzle: Pecheneg
currentWeaponMode: far

currentWeapon: SVD
currentMuzzle: SVD
currentWeaponMode: SVD

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

It's fine KC, reused configs I made for ACE and it does not matter how the modes are tagged.

Last night an AI team member emptied his machine and could not resupply from other team members because no-one else in the squad was carrying MG boxes. Moments later a fellow team member was killed. I was hoping that the machine gunner would simply take his dead comrade's weapon and ammo. He didn't. I even tried ordering him to but for some reason it didn't show up in the list of commands (other weapons from dead opponents did appear). In the end I switched to him and grabbed the dead comrade's rifle. It got me thinking, was this a bug? Or is it a new feature? i.e. if your weapon empties AND you have no more ammo AND your squad carries no compatible ammo, then grab a new weapon from the nearest dead body