OK, so if I understand you correctly you have a trigger activated when the bodyguards are killed. You already have the option to disable the skills for the principal: principal setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_aiskill_exclude", true];

Robalo, it's very possible I'm just missing it, but are there listings of such variables like the exclude one? I'm not seeing it when looking through the readme or the userconfigs?

Oh, maybe it's in 1.13. I'm still running 1.11 as I haven't jumped on the RC beta yet.

Alright, and could I run ASR and ZEU togther and get a better AI opponent? (not in same folder, but in seperate- ex. -mod=@ZeusAI;@ASR) Or should I just stick to one

Someone recommended it here a while ago and I decided to try it and it works well. I have Zeu_findcover and then ASR running and it works well. I'm not sure if the findcover is still needed with the BIS AI tweaks, but it runs well, so I haven't bothered to remove it.

Robalo, it's very possible I'm just missing it, but are there listings of such variables like the exclude one? I'm not seeing it when looking through the readme or the userconfigs?

Oh, maybe it's in 1.13. I'm still running 1.11 as I haven't jumped on the RC beta yet.

The userconfig has all the global variable assignments. You can change them there or in init.sqf or, most of them, even during the mission. There are also some variables that you can set per unit, just search the changelog for setVariable.

The changelog is in the readme or in first post. The userconfig defaults are also at the end of the first post under the spoiler.

Uploaded v1.13 | 23 DEC 2011

Civilians are now excluded by default from the scripted skill enhancements (can be re-enabled with asr_ai_sys_aiskill_civ = 1;)

New group consolidation/cleanup feature: AI groups left with one member to to others KIA will join near groups of the same faction

House searching further improved. New condition added not to send more than half of the team inside. Also the forced up stance

can now be turned off with asr_ai_sys_aiskill_buildingsearching_always_stand = 0;

Tried (set nightvision = 0 for the units, but without requiredAddons) to work around a config issue for CWR units with "implanted" NVG

- see http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26965

Also tried to make the AI crouch more in combat (crouchProbabilityCombat bumped from 0.4 (default) to 0.9 in config but seems to only slightly improve it)

More code tweaks to enhance performance.

Merry Christmas ! :xmas_o:

Edited by Robalo

Thanks for the update Robalo and Merry Christmas to you to!

/KC

Thanks @Robalo, Merry Christmas! (Craciun Fericit!)

First thanks for the update.

Second can you help me understand the difficulty settings?

I edited my OAProfile with the settings recommended in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1752374&postcount=20

And despite this the AI still seemed to regular kill me with their 2-3 shot from 300m away.

I then installed the 1.60 patch and noticed that in the Options>Difficulty screen there was a slider for enemy accuracy. As I'm played on 3rd option (Expert?) the lowest it would go was 0.7. So I selected this value and also lowered this value for the other difficulties.

I then carried on playing to check and it seemed to make a slight difference (the default was 0.8 IIRC). Curious I quit the game and checked my OAProfile and found that none of the value were modified despite me lowering the sliders.

Then I wondered if maybe the ASR AI mod was somehow over-riding these settings.

Can anyone help me out here?

Rob, I noticed when I run Arma that in the bottom right it toggles through the versions of CBA, ACE etc that I have installed, and for ASR AI it says 1.12.3.9 even with 1.13. Is this correct?

This combined with the BIS improvements = outstanding :)

Top Tip - Don`t take on to many spetsnatz !

Awesome work Robaldo !

First thanks for the update.

Second can you help me understand the difficulty settings?

I edited my OAProfile with the settings recommended in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1752374&postcount=20

And despite this the AI still seemed to regular kill me with their 2-3 shot from 300m away.

I then installed the 1.60 patch and noticed that in the Options>Difficulty screen there was a slider for enemy accuracy. As I'm played on 3rd option (Expert?) the lowest it would go was 0.7. So I selected this value and also lowered this value for the other difficulties.

I then carried on playing to check and it seemed to make a slight difference (the default was 0.8 IIRC). Curious I quit the game and checked my OAProfile and found that none of the value were modified despite me lowering the sliders.

Then I wondered if maybe the ASR AI mod was somehow over-riding these settings.

Can anyone help me out here?

Recommended enemy precision setting with ASR AI + ACE is around 0.5.

I tried to make the mod set the recommended defaults (what is sets when you click "Default") but that doesn't work well either, so best just edit those settings directly in the file and don't touch them in game if you want them preserved.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Rob, I noticed when I run Arma that in the bottom right it toggles through the versions of CBA, ACE etc that I have installed, and for ASR AI it says 1.12.3.9 even with 1.13. Is this correct?

I just forgot to bump the numbers. So 1.12.3.9 == 1.13 :) Sorry for the confusion.

I noticed ASR AI mod disables permanently (cannot be turned on even on recruit) Extended Armor, Auto Guide AT, Super AI and Auto Aim difficulty options. Is that intentional, or I just got some wierd bug?

Can anyone tell me how this compares to Zeus AI, apart from the added features? Thinking movement, hearing, combat etc.

I noticed ASR AI mod disables permanently (cannot be turned on even on recruit) Extended Armor, Auto Guide AT, Super AI and Auto Aim difficulty options. Is that intentional, or I just got some wierd bug?

It's intentional.

Hi, I'm playing with ASR AI Skills, Ace, and custom SLX pbo's and I'm having a weird issue. There are moments when both enemies take a long time to recognize each other before they shoot. Sometimes they would literally crawl pass each other under their noses and don't realized its the enemy. Its like "dumb & dumber". Its hilarious sometimes. I heard that this slow/late enemy recognition was already in vanilla Arma. Is that true?

Hi, I'm playing with ASR AI Skills, Ace, and custom SLX pbo's and I'm having a weird issue. There are moments when both enemies take a long time to recognize each other before they shoot. Sometimes they would literally crawl pass each other under their noses and don't realized its the enemy. Its like "dumb & dumber". Its hilarious sometimes. I heard that this slow/late enemy recognition was already in vanilla Arma. Is that true?

They get stupid if they're wounded, otherwise try without SLX.

They get stupid if they're wounded, otherwise try without SLX.

Lol. "They get stupid if they're wounded'. Anyways, I'll try it without SLX pbo's.

No kidding :)

If you're using the Wounding module at least, it's an ACE feature: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25653

Well, in the editor I just add some enemies. Is the Wounding module start up automatically? Because at this moment I'm not placing any kind of modules whatsoever.

UPDATE: I just read the link you gave me and I learned that vanilla AI is too unrealistic when they continue to shoot with accuracy even if they're wounded. So, I guess this way of "stupefy" the AI is a way to counter balance the issue. If this is so, then its the other extreme of unrealism. The enemy sees the other AI face to face and continue to move along then after one is about 20 feet away is like one is thinking, "Wait a minute. Did I see someone pass in front of me?"

Since, I'm watching all this as a spectator, I'm saying, "no shit Einstein". Oh well, at least the least dumbest realizes the ordeal and starts shootin', lol.

Edited by Lorca