Funny, but your link has worked for me Robalo, you are awesome, thank you :)

One thing I do notice when running the mod is that the AI tend to shoot their weapons before they've fully turned towards their targets. It's especially noticeable with grenade launchers, but also with bullets, and can result in a fair bit of friendly fire incidents. Is this intended behaviour?

At first I thought it was because I was running TPW LOS, but even with that mod disabled, the AI fire their weapons early, before they have their shots lined up properly.

Are you only getting this when the mod is loaded ? I noticed it too and it's definitely not intended but I don't know what could cause it. At least I'm not forcing the AI to fire their weapon anywhere in my scripts.

Thanks

Are you only getting this when the mod is loaded ? I noticed it too and it's definitely not intended but I don't know what could cause it. At least I'm not forcing the AI to fire their weapon anywhere in my scripts.

Thanks

After testing a little more, it's definitely not limited to ASR AI. Using WWAIcover + TPW LOS, I see similar misfires, though I don't really notice it in vanilla A3. However, I just switched to the dev build today to check out Altis + the new AI tweaks and the faster turning seems to have lessened the misfiring somewhat. Initial grenade launcher shots are still wildly off target, but regular firing seems better.

After testing a little more, it's definitely not limited to ASR AI. Using WWAIcover + TPW LOS, I see similar misfires, though I don't really notice it in vanilla A3. However, I just switched to the dev build today to check out Altis + the new AI tweaks and the faster turning seems to have lessened the misfiring somewhat. Initial grenade launcher shots are still wildly off target, but regular firing seems better.

Thanks, I'll look into it anyway. At least I found a way to improve the fix for AI machinegunners moving/turning before they finished their bursts. It involves forcespeed 0 in the fired EH then releasing it after a time based on burst length.

Robalo

Is august 17 the last version for A3? asr_addons_13081701?

Nah, that's a bit old. I post zip files from time to time but the latest is always on the PWS repository - check a few posts back for the quick howto.

^this

I don't know..maybe i m getting 2 old but..only to manage to setup ASR_AI for A3 was a real pain in the a$$ searching bits and bytes of links in this forum (and whole internet).

Please make the procedure more user-friendly

(in example 3 words status-update with links in 1st page of this thread)

*also..maybe Recommended skillz values needs any polishing after recent vanilla tweaks?

Edited by GiorgyGR

If you already use Six-Updater (not PWS) then it will work as well.

If you already use Six-Updater (not PWS) then it will work as well.

I don't think so mate.

The version on SU says version "6" while the version i have manually installed (with lotta pain) is "20" ..and as it seems

it's already obsolete.

hmmm.... OK sorry I thought SU had the most recent.. I think I might be referring to Robaldo's repo that I've synched with but I can't check ATM

I have a question about ASR AI. I noticed an issue a few times now but I can cite it to this addon after testing. To put it bluntly, why do civilians automatically see human players as a threat? The reason I say human because if I try this with content that starts the player out as a civilian, the AI sees me as a threat and will begin to engage me if they have weaponry. For this type of content, it breaks the game. Is there a solution outside of not mixing the two together? For those that wish to try what I did, try having ASR AI enabled when starting the CWR2 Resistance campaign (ASR AI supports CWR2) and you will have people getting out of their cars and cops shooting at you. Refuelling the motorcycle breaks the cutscene because the friendly you are to speak to deems you a threat, and the other means in the mission (riding the bus) scares the driver, causing him to leave.

I am on version 6 according to the hpp, by the way. I figure I would cite that unless that has been greatly updated.

Edit: Downloading a revision fixed my issue. I do have a question about faction variables in the hpp. Why are some 0.9 and others 1.2? I assume the higher the value, the more the ranked stats are taken into account for the AI's skill. What does putting it at 0.1 do? Make the AI 100% inaccurate?

Edited by Foffy

So, does this work with Arma 3 or?

I see alot of references to this mod in other Arma 3 mods, but i cant find any clear definitive Arma 3 version of this mod.

Be nice if it did work with ArmA3 as I am just about to walk into HMV and buy it! Loved the Mod for ArmA2!

So, does this work with Arma 3 or?

I see alot of references to this mod in other Arma 3 mods, but i cant find any clear definitive Arma 3 version of this mod.

I did work (ASR arma 3 version http://arma-sr.bzbit.com ) but last time i played with it seemed to be broken! only enemy squad leader would shoot at you!If you kill him next leader would start shooting at you and so on! so if there was a 10 unit squad always only leader would shoot at you. Turn off A3 ASR_ai and problem solved. I dont think Robalo is working on it right now!But i am sure he will in the future! ASR is a must!

I did work (ASR arma 3 version http://arma-sr.bzbit.com ) but last time i played with it seemed to be broken! only enemy squad leader would shoot at you!If you kill him next leader would start shooting at you and so on! so if there was a 10 unit squad always only leader would shoot at you. Turn off A3 ASR_ai and problem solved. I dont think Robalo is working on it right now!But i am sure he will in the future! ASR is a must!

For what it's worth, I've been playing with the A3 version for months and have never seen that behaviour. If you want the most recent version, use Play withSix to stay up to date. ASR AI has been getting updated at least once a week for quite a while. I just grabbed the newest version today which changed the name of the mod folder to ASR_AI3 from ASR_AI.

If only PWS wouldn't have to have ten thousand controls for a UI :rolleyes:.

Hey Robalo,

Will the AI be able to use empty armed vehicles in a future version of ASR AI3? I thought they did in A2, but maybe I'm thinking of another script or mod.

Also, has BI fixed whatever is breaking the rearming? I'd love to see that feature come back.

---

I just wanted to add that the latest version of ASR AI plus the re-written TPW EBS (suppression mod) is amazing in SP. I'm using stable branch and the AI plays really well right now using these mods together.

Edited by ebarstad

I can't tell what this mod actually does in game. I have the latest beta patch and latest CBA_CO installed.

I cant notice any difference in AI behavior with weapons.

What am i missing?

I can't tell what this mod actually does in game. I have the latest beta patch and latest CBA_CO installed.

I cant notice any difference in AI behavior with weapons.

What am i missing?

I think the most noticeable change will be that you're gonna be engaged more, sooner, and from much longer distances than vanilla. The AI tends to be more aware of enemies, and has their engage distance extended.

There is more to it, but it tends to be more subtle. Latest versions will also make the AI swarm you, if they're available.

And there's the rearming thing too, but I've got mine disabled, and though I know it works, it doesn't kicks off while in combat so...

try the readme

plus it won't work unless you've installed it correctly

contrary to most mods it requires more than just extracting the pbo into your mod folder

you also need to extract a folder into your userconfig folder

in that folder you'll find the config file

essentially this mod helps tone down the risk of getting ninja by drugged-up insurgent 500m with a rusty AK (if you see what I mean)

btw welcome to the community

you might also wanna check-out TPWCAS (TPWC AI Suppression System) and JSRS (sound mod)

Hey guys.

I m trying to effectively use ASR_Appendix to create an addon dependency on clients.

While i m certain i don't have any typo's on the custom names of my_selection_of_mods_pbo's i added on asr_appendix_settings

*and of course i m also running those addons.. i m continuously "get thrown" out of our server.

//required addons on clients (MP only)

#define ASR_requiredAddons "cba_main","sthud","jsrs2_explosions"

..etc

Some of the addons (like sthud) are running by the server while others (like jsrs2 are not)

*I must add the message i m getting specifically says i m missing sthud but..as i said..i already run this addon properly.

Are they "any" limitations i m not aware of..or what i m doing wrong?? :/

Edited by GiorgyGR

GiorgyGR,

Wrong thread. Anyway you have to enter the name of the CfgPatches class for each addon, not the filename.

Ooops ..now i've noticed.

Thank you anyway..i will try to find the correct name.

*edited later*

Yup!! Worked Like a charm.

The sthud addon had different name in config.

Anyway thanks Robalo :)

Edited by GiorgyGR