Robalo is there any code in current ASR AI release related to TPWCAS? Because after updating ASR AI I now have error messages which clearly mention tpwcas in them and I certainly do not load these suppression scripts.

EDIT: error appears to be due to tpwcas mentions in something - AIradioNet.sqf or infonet or whatever inside ASR AI pbos.

Edited by metalcraze

Robalo is there any code in current ASR AI release related to TPWCAS? Because after updating ASR AI I now have error messages which clearly mention tpwcas in them and I certainly do not load these suppression scripts.

EDIT: error appears to be due to tpwcas mentions in something - AIradioNet.sqf or infonet or whatever inside ASR AI pbos.

Hi,

If you mean the mod for A3, those errors should be fixed since Sunday, latest version is on the SU/PWS custom repo.

Hello Robalo,

Been going thew the errors and this is one i get for ASR_AI for ARMA 3.

Error in expression < "_lastupos") then {

if (!_incontact && _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error position: <_unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_AINet.sqf, line 92

If i dig any more up ill post them up

Hello Robalo,

Been going thew the errors and this is one i get for ASR_AI for ARMA 3.

Error in expression < "_lastupos") then {

if (!_incontact && _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error position: <_unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_AINet.sqf, line 92

If i dig any more up ill post them up

See my post just before yours. You need to grab the latest with SU or PWS (repo links are below the banners). I will post another zip file after I update it this week-end.

Edited by Robalo

sorry for not posting this but, before i posted .. I checked the playwithsix repo and all that needed to be updated was CBA.. which is weird as i already have the latest CBA... So im pretty sure i have the latest version..

EDIT:

Just checked PWS again.. went a head and "Updated" .. All that happend was I got a .pack folder.. in a new @ASR_AI folder (named @ASR_AI1).. Nothing happened to my original @ASR_AI folder.. So yea im pretty sure i have the latest version.

Edited by Lordprimate

sorry for not posting this but, before i posted .. I checked the playwithsix repo and all that needed to be updated was CBA.. which is weird as i already have the latest CBA... So im pretty sure i have the latest version..

EDIT:

Just checked PWS again.. went a head and "Updated" .. All that happend was I got a .pack folder.. in a new @ASR_AI folder (named @ASR_AI1).. Nothing happened to my original @ASR_AI folder.. So yea im pretty sure i have the latest version.

If you have that error then you don't have the latest. You might be loading the wrong one, if you got it with PWS it should be inside the servermods directory (default location for mods downloaded from custom repos).

You might be loading the wrong one, if you got it with PWS it should be inside the servermods directory (default location for mods downloaded from custom repos).

FACEPALM....... yea i forgot to pull them out.. I dont know why i forgot .. but i did.. derp.. THANKS

the latest A3 dev build generates this error when trying to preview a mission in the editor.

no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/muzzle_snds_h/ItemInfo.DummyMode1

it kicks you back to the editor, and doesnt allow you to preview. Basically the dev build broked ASR_AI.

On a side note, the AI and I thank you for this MOD!!

Edited by Lordprimate

Thanks for the heads-up, will have a look ASAP.

the latest A3 dev build generates this error when trying to preview a mission in the editor.

no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/muzzle_snds_h/ItemInfo.DummyMode1

it kicks you back to the editor, and doesnt allow you to preview. Basically the dev build broked ASR_AI.

On a side note, the AI and I thank you for this MOD!!

Edited by Robalo

Hi, i would like to ask, if the AI accuracy and skills settings from arma 2 still do apply, or there are new recommended settings? I hope i havent overlooked it while looking through the thread. Thank you

When will this mod get its own Arma3 mods section thread? I keep thinking there is some Arma2 updates ... its all Arma3 now :)

I'm sure in time. Robalo is one of the guys juggling between ASR stuff and ACE, no? He probably has a lot of stuff to do under his belt. Also, is it just me or has ASR AI not really worked flawlessly in the last few Beta updates for ArmA III? I keep getting those errors in black boxes while playing.

Also, is it just me or has ASR AI not really worked flawlessly in the last few Beta updates for ArmA III? I keep getting those errors in black boxes while playing.

I've just played both with and without development branch and had some errors. So yes, you re right . :)

I've just played both with and without development branch and had some errors. So yes, you re right . :)

Hint: update it ;)

hehe, to be honest, i don't even bother to play Arma without your mod :D

Oh, you updated it yesterday. :P

I wish it was on SU, because it's much easier to track updates. I guess when the game and the addon enter a more final-ish state that will be the case.

Great update, it's nice to see rearming back in action :), thank you!

Hey Rob, any chance you could fix the multiple "undefined variable" errors in the Arma 2 version? I have to use the beta because your code requires it, and the beta add checks for that kind of errors... Please don't leave it like that. I can of course play without the -showScriptError option, but then I can't debug my own code.

Cheers.

@seba: The more recent betas all dump a lot of 'undefined variable' errors into the RPT - see, e.g., Dwarden's posts here & here; and only BI can fix that. Dwarden says they have to do it as the changes have broken some of BIS' own scripts.

@seba: The more recent betas all dump a lot of 'undefined variable' errors into the RPT - see, e.g., Dwarden's posts here & here; and only BI can fix that. Dwarden says they have to do it as the changes have broken some of BIS' own scripts.

I know that. BIS have to fix their own scripts, no chance they will be touching other people's work. The next stable release will keep the new check for undefined variables, I know it's a PITA but there's no going back. In fact, it is for the better in the long term, I have already catch 3 affecting errors in my own code.

Anyway I have found the offending code in ASR AI and fix it. If Robalo want it, I can PM him the solution (though it's pretty basic to find, so he's probably more focused in Arma 3 now or he would have fix it himself :rolleyes:).

@seba1976

Can you please post the errors for the undefined variables, I'll update the packages to get rid of them. I don't usually call undefined variables so chances are there might be another error in there somewhere (like a mispelled variable name).

Thanks

@seba1976

Can you please post the errors for the undefined variables, I'll update the packages to get rid of them. I don't usually call undefined variables so chances are there might be another error in there somewhere (like a mispelled variable name).

Thanks

I'm not at home right now, but it's exactly what you said. Look for asr_aiskill.sqf, there's a line there, within the {} forEach _units loop, that checks for something regarding TPWLOS or something. Within that If block you reference a variable by calling it "_unit". It should be _thisUnit. That's all. I'm sure you'll get there in a second, but if you can't find it I'll post more precise data when I get home (if you still need it).

Hi Robalo,

I've been using the latest dev version of ASR AI on the Arma 3 Beta (stable) and have run into a problem with AI rearming on the Combined Arms Showcase. Basically, in the last two times I played, my team makes it to the enemy's camp and defends against the reinforcements. At some point, however, my team leader will run out of ammo and try to rearm at an Ifrit (instead of at another soldier, for example). The Ifrits don't contain ammo, though, so he gets stuck in a kind of reaching animation loop (as if trying to grab equipment out of the Ifrit) and won't respond to the new orders to secure the LZ at the end of the mission.

Similarly, if I run out of ammo, the leader tells me to rearm at an Ifrit. Since they don't contain ammo, I usually have to grab ammo or a weapon off another soldier and then click Done Action Menu.

I don't know if these are A3 issues or ASR-related, but I thought I'd let you know either way, just in case.

Looking for a guide on installing this for A3

This is what i have

main A3 folder...@ASR_AI @ASR_A3

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\ASR_AI\ asr_ai3_settings.hpp

In game expansions enabled.... ASR AI-072602 and ASR Appendix-072101 and CBA.

I think disabling ASR Appendix-072101 makes the AI pick up ammo but they did not seem to pick up enemy weapons.

Any help ta