Right, my A2 mod development is done since A3A came out.

Makes sense in every way. I hope BS stop supporting ArmA II after the next patch release so they can have all their attention on ArmA 3 as well.

Has anyone even bothered evaluating the AI in enough depth to even figure out what might be needed by something like ASR AI (if at all)? Probably not and there are certainly going to be many tweaks to the AI before we see a released Arma3.

Has anyone even bothered evaluating the AI in enough depth to even figure out what might be needed by something like ASR AI (if at all)? Probably not and there are certainly going to be many tweaks to the AI before we see a released Arma3.

ASR AI for ArmA 2 is WAY better than vanilla AI in ArmA 3. I think BIS is doing a really poor job with the AI that haven`t changed to much since the release of Operation Flashpoint.

Good to hear that you'll be working on A3 Robalo. Will there be a final release for A2 ?

Robalo can you possibly implement AI LOS engagement stuff for ArmA3 AI too? After TPWCAS for ArmA2 CQB-AI in ArmA3 feels really weak and I hope this improvement has the place in your mod.

Well the vanilla AI in A3 suffers from the same issues as in A2 - 360noscope headshots from standing Automatic Rifleman at 300m. Up close CQB is the opposite - unless they happen to be facing in your direction you could walk up to them and disrobe and they wouldn't notice you (yes I have tried it :p )

Feel free to post ASR AI testing on your Youtube channel. Been watching this for a while :)

Well the vanilla AI in A3 suffers from the same issues as in A2 - 360noscope headshots from standing Automatic Rifleman at 300m. Up close CQB is the opposite - unless they happen to be facing in your direction you could walk up to them and disrobe and they wouldn't notice you (yes I have tried it :p )

Lower precision in config to 0.15 - it actually becomes fine. They start having a semblance of a real firefight.

Lower precision in config to 0.15 - it actually becomes fine. They start having a semblance of a real firefight.

Yeah I always find it interesting that folks complaining about headshots like that don't seem to adjust their own config. I always adjust it for that and am fine. But 0.15 seems really low.

Yeah I always find it interesting that folks complaining about headshots like that don't seem to adjust their own config. I always adjust it for that and am fine. But 0.15 seems really low.

Yeah I´ve set it to 0.45999998

That seems to work quite well

I personally find it more interesting when others assume things.. but hey

class veteran
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=1;
		HUDWp=1;
		HUDWpPerm=1;
		HUDGroupInfo=0;
		FriendlyTag=1;
		AutoSpot=0;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=0;
		UltraAI=0;
		CameraShake=1;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=0;
		ExtendetInfoType=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.25000003;
	[b]skillEnemy=0.25000003;[/b]
	precisionFriendly=0.22999996;
	[b]precisionEnemy=0.12000004;[/b]
};

Does not seem to affect their precision in my experience running on a dedicated server. Extremely precise shots from a distance (read: inf shooting pilot of of moving chopper), and sheep-like behaviour in CQB.

Am I doing something wrong in my config? I am open to suggestions :o

Edit: found this ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3480

At the moment the AI is razorsharp because the global server settings won't work and therefore the AI is at Skill level 1.

At the moment, the mission maker has to use the setskill array in the mission itself.

Edited by SavageCDN

Im in the same boat as Savage...

I have taken EVERY "profile" file and changed all the precision and skill variables.. I have my highest precision on 0.1... And the AI are still SUPERMEN.. With Xray vision and supersonic hearing!!!

Assume what you want but I have gone threw every prfile config and set every skill and precision variable down to near or below ZERO and the ai are still BATSHIT insane good..

If you can, get OLLEM's arma 3 port of TPWCAS (scripted for now not addon)

I DO see a difference in how the ai Enguage and get supressed.. It does affect the AI, making the fire fights a little longer .. however the AI are still pretty crazy good

I quote myself:

Precision in config file doesn't work since a patch in A2 OA. I read a lot of people keep doing this and it has no effect. Have tested it a lot.

If you want to reduce accuracy, you have to change the aimingaccuracy skill and/or other skills like aimingshake, etc on the units skill array.

For example:

Code:

{_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.3];} forEach allUnits;

in init.sqf

im sorry i should have clarified.. especially since there is no thread in the Arma 3 alpha section.. my last post was refering to Arma 3. And i have read the same about arma 3 i was just posting up.. sorry

I quote myself:

Precision in config file doesn't work since a patch in A2 OA. I read a lot of people keep doing this and it has no effect. Have tested it a lot.

If you want to reduce accuracy, you have to change the aimingaccuracy skill and/or other skills like aimingshake, etc on the units skill array.

For example:

Code:

{_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.3];} forEach allUnits;

in init.sqf

Thanks for that Down8 I was unaware of the uselessness of precision in config file.

I've been using ASR_AI for a while and have grown to become dependent on it in-game. I've recently started getting into ACE, but the released ASR_AI has issues with ACE (as documented earlier in this thread).

I've never been accused of being a smart man, so I've just not been able to find the ASR_AI beta that apparently addresses this. Any chance you can release the beta before you move on to A3? Or give me a better hint? I was under the impression that PwSix still only has the release version, correct?

I've been using ASR_AI for a while and have grown to become dependent on it in-game. I've recently started getting into ACE, but the released ASR_AI has issues with ACE (as documented earlier in this thread).

I've never been accused of being a smart man, so I've just not been able to find the ASR_AI beta that apparently addresses this. Any chance you can release the beta before you move on to A3? Or give me a better hint? I was under the impression that PwSix still only has the release version, correct?

Six has the releases, while my private/custom dev repo - which can be broken at times - just like the Arma 3 Alpha Dev branch :) - is here: http://arma-sr.bzbit.com/2012/12/su-repo-for-asr-mods-development-version/

Also, those "issues" with ACE are nothing serious, simply something to be aware of, that Vanilla + ASR_AI results differ from ACE + ASR_AI in some aspects, for example reduced AI accuracy with ACE due to changes in cfgAISkill. The last unreleased version from the dev repo fixed this by overriding that class regardless of having ACE or not. I won't do any more releases for A2 nor touch this dev repo for A2, now working on porting stuff over to A3.

Edited by Robalo

I personally find it more interesting when others assume things.. but hey

class veteran
   {
       class Flags
       {
           HUD=1;
           HUDWp=1;
           HUDWpPerm=1;
           HUDGroupInfo=0;
           FriendlyTag=1;
           AutoSpot=0;
           WeaponCursor=0;
           ClockIndicator=1;
           3rdPersonView=0;
           UltraAI=0;
           CameraShake=1;
           DeathMessages=1;
           NetStats=1;
           VonID=0;
           ExtendetInfoType=0;
       };
       skillFriendly=0.25000003;
       [b]skillEnemy=0.25000003;[/b]
       precisionFriendly=0.22999996;
       [b]precisionEnemy=0.12000004;[/b]
   };

Does not seem to affect their precision in my experience running on a dedicated server. Extremely precise shots from a distance (read: inf shooting pilot of of moving chopper), and sheep-like behaviour in CQB.

Am I doing something wrong in my config? I am open to suggestions :o

Edit: found this ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3480

At the moment the AI is razorsharp because the global server settings won't work and therefore the AI is at Skill level 1.

At the moment, the mission maker has to use the setskill array in the mission itself.

I misread the initial post however what I meant in my reply was changing the skillEnemy entry which works perfectly fine for me in AO. I just tested this again to make sure it works in a hosted and single player game. I'd bet it works on a dedicated server too if you are loading your profile/config correctly.

I misread the initial post however what I meant in my reply was changing the skillEnemy entry which works perfectly fine for me in AO. I just tested this again to make sure it works in a hosted and single player game. I'd bet it works on a dedicated server too if you are loading your profile/config correctly.

Yeah sorry I sounded a bit snarky wasn't having the best of days :p

I should also mention I was referring to Arma 3 not Arma 2 and it does seem that changing config values for skillEnemy and precisionEnemy has no effect. I briefly tried using setSkill in init.sqf and adding @tpwcas and it seems to be better but need to test more.

Thanks for that Down8 I was unaware of the uselessness of precision in config file.

You are welcome. Now let's wait to Robalo to make magic in Arma 3 ;-) .

You are welcome. Now let's wait to Robalo to make magic in Arma 3 ;-) .

seriously.. where's that F5.jpg image??

:p

Six has the releases, while my private/custom dev repo - which can be broken at times - just like the Arma 3 Alpha Dev branch :) - is here: http://arma-sr.bzbit.com/2012/12/su-repo-for-asr-mods-development-version/

Also, those "issues" with ACE are nothing serious, simply something to be aware of, that Vanilla + ASR_AI results differ from ACE + ASR_AI in some aspects, for example reduced AI accuracy with ACE due to changes in cfgAISkill. The last unreleased version from the dev repo fixed this by overriding that class regardless of having ACE or not. I won't do any more releases for A2 nor touch this dev repo for A2, now working on porting stuff over to A3.

Copy all. I completely understand moving on to A3. Thanks for the reply. I'll fiddle with the settings while running ACE.

Yeah sorry I sounded a bit snarky wasn't having the best of days :p

I should also mention I was referring to Arma 3 not Arma 2 and it does seem that changing config values for skillEnemy and precisionEnemy has no effect. I briefly tried using setSkill in init.sqf and adding @tpwcas and it seems to be better but need to test more.

No problem.

Since you mentioned Arma 3 I figured I'd run a test there as well and can certainly see a difference with just adjusting the skillEnemy with the slider in options for a multiplayer hosted mission.

What I did was to put a blufor player and an opfor player down on the runway 700m away. Both were just the default player when you double click and select either blufor or opfor and no other changes at all. I had them face each other.

With the skill slider at .40 I had to get the opfor's attention by firing over its head multiple times. It was just standing there in a non-combat mode. After firing it took out its binocs and scanned my direction and then went into a combat type stance with gun pointed my way. Not too far after that he went into a crouch position. I started moving towards him and a little while later he went into a prone position. He really didn't start shooting at me until about 300m and it was not very effective fire. He hit me after a while but easy to avoid by dancing around a bit. Then after sitting still it took him a few shots at least to hit me again.

Same setup with skill at 1.00. Took less time to get the AI's attention. He went to crouch and prone faster and at about 500-600m started getting better effective fire down on me. He took me out a lot quicker once I stopped moving.

No problem.

Since you mentioned Arma 3 I figured I'd run a test there as well and can certainly see a difference with just adjusting the skillEnemy with the slider in options for a multiplayer hosted mission.

That is good to know, thanks. Issue for me though is I am running dedicated servers (or a reasonable hand-drawn facsimilie of) so I don't get any slider options, just a pretty console window :p

im am having truble with the userconfig when i put the userconfig file in the @ASR/addons i get an error saying it cannot be found and when i put it in arma 2 operation arrow head/userconfig i get the same problem, i need bit more specific help on where to put it thanks