How do you save the changes to the userconfig file after editing? I'm able to edit the numerical values but once I try and save it, I get an access denied message. In addition, what do the second set of numerical values?represent "aimingAccuracy[] = {0.25, 0.10};"

Thanks for any suggestions/help

0.25 = min value for skill

0.10 = randomly generated value from 0.00 to 0.10 that is added to min value above (so all soldiers of the same type, e.g. AT4 gunners, won't be the same).

If you get access denied that means the file is most likely read-only (although it shouldn't be) or you are running the game and it's using that file.

If you get access denied that means the file is most likely read-only (although it shouldn't be) or you are running the game and it's using that file.

I think it's because his game is installed under Program Files.

@Robalo

- just a shy question: what prevents you to release the newest dev version, since it's working fine?

@Robalo

- just a shy question: what prevents you to release the newest dev version, since it's working fine?

Mainly lack of spare time. Work kept me very busy, even during week-ends :(

I just need to write a proper changelog and participate in some real gameplay tests, would also like to completely rewrite the documentation, perhaps a wiki section at dev-heaven.

Mainly lack of spare time. Work kept me very busy, even during week-ends :(

I just need to write a proper changelog and participate in some real gameplay tests, would also like to completely rewrite the documentation, perhaps a wiki section at dev-heaven.

Pick an hour you can get on.

Playing Regular AI on your HazKot ,300~ VD, snowy,foggy. SD weapon. Might need to tweak them up a bit.

Quick question - Why are you setting each "skill" separately rather than just using the setSkill command? Is there a fundamental difference between the 2 or does the setSkill simply set all individual skills to the defined number? After all, I see you basically set all skills to the same number anyway, so was wondering why you are setting them individually (other than giving each a slightly different value through randomization).

Also, are some skills best left at 1 rather than lowered, or are you changing all skill categories?

Quick question - Why are you setting each "skill" separately rather than just using the setSkill command? Is there a fundamental difference between the 2 or does the setSkill simply set all individual skills to the defined number? After all, I see you basically set all skills to the same number anyway, so was wondering why you are setting them individually (other than giving each a slightly different value through randomization).

Oh no! Robalo's secret is out! :) Shhh, don't ruin everyone's placebo effect.

Also, are some skills best left at 1 rather than lowered, or are you changing all skill categories?

setskill would set the same value for all skills. With setskill array, used here, the units are more customizable with different values for each skill. I am not giving them the same number, that's the whole idea and I don't know why you say I do. Plus they can be easily tweaked for own taste this way.

README has this info:

- Gives every AI unit randomized skill levels for aiming accuracy, aiming shake, aiming speed, spotting distance,

spotting speed, courage, but within certain ranges, based on unit's type.

The goal was to make the AI better, more diverse and distinct. Some units will be better skilled than others.

For example, a team leader will usually be better than a regular grunt, a SF unit will have the highest skills, while

an armed villager will present the lowest threat.

Enable debugging for this feature in userconfig and see what skills are set for each unit.

I am not giving them the same number, that's the whole idea and I don't know why you say I do.

I guess I was reading the script wrong. Thanks for the explanation.

Yep, the debug logging comes quite handy and gives a good overview of what stats are changed by the skill arrays. :) ASR AI is my favorite mod along TPWCAS. No way to play any ARMA based games without that anymore. Big thumps up! 8)

Could you add in a setting to set delay of radio message? I want to be able to set it to my liking to make quick stealth attacks a little easier.

Oh and dont know if it was ASR AI script or something else: how about a setting that would disable most intrusive (or less needed) features if FPS drop bellow certain point for X seconds.

Never seen ASR_AI put any strain on a server. Now MSO and AIR support can have real lag issues... But ASR? havent noticed that.

Never seen ASR_AI put any strain on a server. Now MSO and AIR support can have real lag issues... But ASR? havent noticed that.

Tried the "construct a FOB using HESCOs flown in by chinook" did we? :p

Can this get ported to Arma 3 alpha?

Yep, working on it.

Yep, working on it.

F*** Yeah! Many thanks, the AI accuracy must be tweaked, and you have done a terrific job with A2.

Yep, working on it.

Thanks. I see lot of people are requesting this, only in different threads. :)

Does that mean that ASR_AI ARMA2 is done now? :( I´m exclusively using it for invasion44 and it does a really great job! Would have wished for further expansion, i.e the ability to have soldiers go to prone (or kneel from standing), while reloading magazines. This would help the AI survivability even more. :)

Does that mean that ASR_AI ARMA2 is done now? :( I´m exclusively using it for invasion44 and it does a really great job! Would have wished for further expansion, i.e the ability to have soldiers go to prone (or kneel from standing), while reloading magazines. This would help the AI survivability even more. :)

If I had to choose, I would appreciate that Robalo worked on ArmA 3 instead of ArmA 2 if thats easier. ASR AI made a good improvement on the AI in ArmA 2, but now I hope it`s possible to switch the focus on the next game in the series. :)

Just came to say the only thing I'm missing in A3 is a little ASR_AI. Mainly to get the medics to manage the wounded and pick up ammo. Thanks so much for working on this Robalo.

Right, my A2 mod development is done since A3A came out.

Right, my A2 mod development is done since A3A came out.

Any Beta Builds to DL and test .. Would love the opportunity!!!

Were seriously missing all the features of ASR_AI in Arma 3.