Yeah it does seem vehicle specific. I too don't blame ASR_AI, just wondered if anybody else experienced the same bug since it had just been brought up! Was more of one of those nagging buggers than to the extreme of being game-breaking, either way as long as all vehicles aren't affected from my own Bradley "overly passive AI crew" experience. Thanks for the reply/help.

I don't have that one specifically, however I have seen other weirdness which has caused me to switch off the ASR re-arming feature when using I44 - when a tank crew bailed out, they would get into a strange looped animation of putting an invisible rifle on their backs. Turning off the mission start re-arming fixed this.

Just noticed the exact same issue. It's definitely ASR, it only happens when i run it.

Yeah it does seem vehicle specific. I too don't blame ASR_AI, just wondered if anybody else experienced the same bug since it had just been brought up! Was more of one of those nagging buggers than to the extreme of being game-breaking, either way as long as all vehicles aren't affected from my own Bradley "overly passive AI crew" experience. Thanks for the reply/help.

Yep. It may be exaggerated by ASR_AI because ASR is working with the skills system. When running it vehicle crews get some extra points on spotting skills if I remember correctly. Playing a lot of Lost!/Apocalypse lately and using regular guys as well as SF guys as crews shows this weirdness much more than in regular missions witht tank/IFV crews. Maybe totally subjective thou; at least I dont't have any hard evidence ...

No Tab-lock? Sounds like improvement.

Hehe....especially air units could need this.

I could select and spot the target as commander inside the Bradley not at all....not in multiplayer and in the campaign and this did happen in the editor aswell.

* not with tab

* not with right mouse click

* not with the menu

....and the AI of the tank didnt do anything sitting inside as a driver, except the spotting message in audio and chat.

Iam not sure if this is a general problem with the Bradley or with this mod, didnt test enough. I was using the official 1.62 patch.

Edited by oxmox

Bear in mind as well that the vehicles config has settings for irScanRangeMin and irScanRangeMax. As I understand it, the former defines what a vehicle's spotting range will be under any given viewdistance ie even if fog means visibility is below that.

That's not ASR issue, that's all betas with CCP issue. Dwarden said it will be fixed in the next beta.

Hi Dear! first i want to say a hug thanks for your nice work.

So i want now whats is the last version of you superb mod for arma II only, it is the 1.15 or 1.14?

And please don't let the arma standalone die for people don't like OA propagande....

And please don't let the arma standalone die for people don't like OA propagande....

Well one thing to consider is that A2 is EOL now... And to just test AI for A2 and not CO , may not be a good time usage. But at least there wont be anymore Patches for A2 so ASR-AI should remain stable/consistent for A2.

To answer your question on which version; 115 or 114? try them both.

hi

can the the civilian rearming feature be changed during a running mission? If yes that would be finally the ultimate solution to have civilians fighting back in any mission where the players caused civilian casualties. I thought about that since the release of ArmA 2

hi

can the the civilian rearming feature be changed during a running mission? If yes that would be finally the ultimate solution to have civilians fighting back in any mission where the players caused civilian casualties. I thought about that since the release of ArmA 2

Yes, just set asr_ai_sys_airearming_civ = 1; when you want it.

Give beta please :rolleyes:
Well it seems the AI where a bit more accurate at certain ranges, and the abillity to hear shots seemed better..? 800 to 600m was not so safe as before... new beta.exe new ASR_Ai. Though not sure what Rob uploaded? More testing/playing today. Running AI works well too.

hi

remember that AI will not engage civilians, even armed ones.

remember that AI will not engage civilians, even armed ones.

Jea but i want the Civs to attack the players, setting them to hostile should work i guess ( THIS setFriend [west,0.1] ), how i do that with Civs spawned by the Civilian module is another question though.

But dont let us to go far offtopic here :)

Jea but i want the Civs to attack the players, setting them to hostile should work i guess ( THIS setFriend [west,0.1] ), how i do that with Civs spawned by the Civilian module is another question though.

But dont let us to go far offtopic here :)

what i used to do is set up a trigger around a weapons cache, if a civilian passed through the trigger and rearming civilians was "on" in asr ai, it was reasonable to assume they had armed themselves, so i would joinsilent them to an invisible opfor group leader. this has the advantage that if there are ai in the player's group, they will engage the opfor civilian.

Thanks for the tip! I have a few more details in my mind about that (i only want civs to be hostile in the local area not on the whole map). I dont know when i will have enough time to work on that, but if i do anytime ill pm u :)

Hey Robalo! I'm pretty sure I once knew the answer to this, but can't find it anywhere anymore.

Is there a way to override the AI skills on a per-mission basis (meaning not tweaking the config, so that the next mission uses the usual settings)? For example, if i use setSkill on some units (I guess not immediately, so that happens after ASR AI init on those units), will they be forced back to ASR levels?

If not, is there a way of knowing when a unit has been initialized by ASR AI (That I'm pretty sure there is, but since I'm here, I'll ask anyway)?

Problem :

(Sorry for my english)

Yestersday i made a little test and something goes wrong:

-I put 2 units in front of various infantry invisible targets

-i made with @lea addon (loadout editor) a loadout for the 2 units: 1 with rifle and a rucksack with more ammo and 1 with the same rifle without ammo.

Result: the unit with only the rifle do nothing. don't fire (no ammo...), don't go to the other unit to rearm.

the unit with the rucksack fire all his ammo and then stop. He don't use his rucksack to rearm.

- i tryied with the 2 unit in the same group or alone. Same result

- They correctly use vehicles or ammobox to rearm

???????????

it's a ASR AI problem? a LEA problem? An ACE problem? only my Problem?

Hey Robalo! I'm pretty sure I once knew the answer to this, but can't find it anywhere anymore.

Is there a way to override the AI skills on a per-mission basis (meaning not tweaking the config, so that the next mission uses the usual settings)? For example, if i use setSkill on some units (I guess not immediately, so that happens after ASR AI init on those units), will they be forced back to ASR levels?

If not, is there a way of knowing when a unit has been initialized by ASR AI (That I'm pretty sure there is, but since I'm here, I'll ask anyway)?

All the good docu is in the changelog :)

- added a global variable "asr_ai_sys_aiskill_initialized" which changes from false to true after the first

iteration (can use it to test if all units got their custom skills set at the start of the mission).

Unit skill assignments moved to the main loop instead of init EHs. Every unit gets

set a "asr_ai_sys_siskill_configured" variable to true after it receives the new skills.

You can force ASR AI to reset the skills for a unit by setting a variable like this: unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_siskill_configured", false];

At next iteration the unit will be picked up for skill assignment based on the config. I also happens automatically when day changes to night or viceversa.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Problem :

(Sorry for my english)

Yestersday i made a little test and something goes wrong:

-I put 2 units in front of various infantry invisible targets

-i made with @lea addon (loadout editor) a loadout for the 2 units: 1 with rifle and a rucksack with more ammo and 1 with the same rifle without ammo.

Result: the unit with only the rifle do nothing. don't fire (no ammo...), don't go to the other unit to rearm.

the unit with the rucksack fire all his ammo and then stop. He don't use his rucksack to rearm.

- i tryied with the 2 unit in the same group or alone. Same result

- They correctly use vehicles or ammobox to rearm

???????????

it's a ASR AI problem? a LEA problem? An ACE problem? only my Problem?

Please make a ticket and post your test mission. I will check it against the latest dev version (BTW that has always been available for anyone who looks hard enough for it, just never advertised :) hint - sig

Hey Robalo,

First and foremost thank you so much for sharing your awesome mod. I can't play ArmA without it.

I had a couple of questions (forgive me if they are a bit dumb; I am a bit of a noob):

1) There are no compatibility issues between UPSMON and ASR right? I have been using them together in my mission recently and so far I haven't seen any issues aside from maybe AI spamming smoke grenades, but I just wanted to check.

2) Would ASR be compatible with the headless client? After some of it's issues have been resolved (ref: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/62500) I am thinking I will be using it once it comes out as a full patch. Currently I really notice a drop in AI capabilities when I play warfare coop with my friends vs when I play SP to a point where in SP the AI (with ASR of course) is almost as good as I am and in coop I can run in guns blazing and mow AI down and not even get shot at once.

P.S.

For your info: I don't have 2 good PCs so I have to run the server on the same computer that I play on (hence no dedicated server) which is why I'm considering using the headless client. My pc is pretty decent though and I built it last year specifically for being able to play arma without issues.

Edited by kyfohatl

Hey Robalo,

1) There are no compatibility issues between UPSMON and ASR right? I have been using them together in my mission recently and so far I haven't seen any issues aside from maybe AI spamming smoke grenades, but I just wanted to check.

I've used both together multiple times without issues.. if you find they are spamming smoke you can adjust this in both the UPSMON params (upsmon_init.sqf I believe) as well as ASR_AI config .hpp file

BTW that has always been available for anyone who looks hard enough for it, just never advertised :) hint - sig

OK found it. Hopefully those revisions will mix well

Hey Robalo,

First and foremost thank you so much for sharing your awesome mod. I can't play ArmA without it.

I had a couple of questions (forgive me if they are a bit dumb; I am a bit of a noob):

2) Would ASR be compatible with the headless client? After some of it's issues have been resolved (ref: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/62500) I am thinking I will be using it once it comes out as a full patch. Currently I really notice a drop in AI capabilities when I play warfare coop with my friends vs when I play SP to a point where in SP the AI (with ASR of course) is almost as good as I am and in coop I can run in guns blazing and mow AI down and not even get shot at once.

P.S.

For your info: I don't have 2 good PCs so I have to run the server on the same computer that I play on (hence no dedicated server) which is why I'm considering using the headless client. My pc is pretty decent though and I built it last year specifically for being able to play arma without issues.

Hi,

1. Disable UPSMON smoke (last time I checked the AI was throwing all smoke nades straight up when controlled by UPSMON which didn't look so good).

2. Headless client is not supported at the moment, which doesn't mean it's not compatible, but certain functions are specifically made to run only on the server. Some features though, like rearming, will run on the headless client for all the AI that is local to it, so it's still going to take some load off the server. This is all theory, I haven't actually tested this but I will and hope to optimize the mod for HC use in the near future.

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

OK found it. Hopefully those revisions will mix well

Just keep in mind, I haven't advertised the dev repo because it could be at times completely broken :)

Just keep in mind, I haven't advertised the dev repo because it could be at times completely broken :)

We want the update & we want it NOW :). Just kidding, but yes, we want it please.