I think that ACE's ace_c_ai_dispersion would also cause poor aiming on the ai's part. I would try deleting that as well.

Guys you really sholdn´t just delete PBOs left and right....

I think that ACE's ace_c_ai_dispersion would also cause poor aiming on the ai's part. I would try deleting that as well.

Not exactly, that pbo is exactly the same as the one in ASR_AI (I made them both).

What it does is it changes how the AI dispersion scales with their skill, taking weapon optics into account.

It's more like Ctrl+X / Ctrl+V thing

Safer just to add a folder inside the mod folder & call it "Storage" (or whatever) & move PBOs into it. I do that whenever testing to check for conflicts, etc. Gunter Severloh suggested it for testing COWarmod and other mods.

Not exactly, that pbo is exactly the same as the one in ASR_AI (I made them both).

What it does is it changes how the AI dispersion scales with their skill, taking weapon optics into account.

Oh neat. I didn't know that. You created the ace ai skills as well didn't you? Why is it that the ace ones make the ai such bad shots?

Oh neat. I didn't know that. You created the ace ai skills as well didn't you? Why is it that the ace ones make the ai such bad shots?

Not that one, at least not entirely. It was like that since ACE2 came out and before I got involved and if I'm not mistaken the AI was given the extra aiming shake to counter the fact that ACE also adds more sway and recoil overall, making it more difficult for the player to aim while also improving the AI in other ways. I avoided reverting that one because it would be a drastic change and I don't recall seeing any ticket complaining about the ACE AI being too bad shots.

Not that one, at least not entirely. It was like that since ACE2 came out and before I got involved and if I'm not mistaken the AI was given the extra aiming shake to counter the fact that ACE also adds more sway and recoil overall, making it more difficult for the player to aim while also improving the AI in other ways. I avoided reverting that one because it would be a drastic change and I don't recall seeing any ticket complaining about the ACE AI being too bad shots.

The extra recoil and sway brought by ACE2 to the player is a welcome change. I'd be very interested if anyone finds a way to implement this, in particular the classic "figure of 8" that best describes the sway of the weapon, particularly for an exhausted soldier.

Above all, I'd welcome any changes to that allow us to lower/increase AI accuracy without affecting their tactical awareness, i.e. skill.

I'm really pleased to see this mod taking this point so seriously.

Hello all, is there a thread where people have posted up their configs? I remember seeing something a while back, where users added class names for third party unit mods, into the ASR_AI config for others to use. However, I can no longer find it. Can someone help me out?

Hello all, is there a thread where people have posted up their configs? I remember seeing something a while back, where users added class names for third party unit mods, into the ASR_AI config for others to use. However, I can no longer find it. Can someone help me out?

I think there have been a few posted in this thread. Maybe we could have a separate thread for unit-specific configs, similar to those for HAC & DAC? - make them easier to find an avoid cluttering this busy core thread. Robalo, what do you think?

That's because they weren't back then. But now their aim is really bad for some reason. Maybe ACE conflicts with ASR somehow?

But if you say that it can be fixed by making ASR AI override ACE AI skills - then why not try?

Me and my friends have been playing with ACE, ASR AI and TWPCAS. I think the AI are deadly, but some guys keep saying they are aiming too high. I will try and get some proper evidence from them to back it up.

Is everybody that is having the problem using that combo ace2+asr+twpcas? could be this the problem?

Me and my friends have been playing with ACE, ASR AI and TWPCAS. I think the AI are deadly, but some guys keep saying they are aiming too high. I will try and get some proper evidence from them to back it up.

Same combo here, no such issues. I remember seeing AI birdwatchers a while ago they were caused be very low skill from suppression, fixed it by tweaking the TWPCAS userconfig. My settings below.

tpwcas_minskill = 0.1; 
tpwcas_reveal = 0; 

---------- Post added at 06:19 ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 ----------

I think there have been a few posted in this thread. Maybe we could have a separate thread for unit-specific configs, similar to those for HAC & DAC? - make them easier to find an avoid cluttering this busy core thread. Robalo, what do you think?

I don't expect to see a lot of them. Feel free to post them here and I'll consolidate and link the information as needed.

Edited by Robalo

I did a search and found someone with the same issue mid last year but I couldn't find a resolution.

I am having trouble with the AI rearming module of 16.1.1 breaking waypoints for armour when the crew don't have rifles. I first noticed playing I44 that my armour would go to there first waypoint but would go no further. After removing all other mods except I44 and ASR I determined that it was happening if the crew did not have any weapons except their pistols. Turning off AI rearming fixed the issue.

I then tested in vanilla by removing the weapons of three crew, moving them into a M1A1 and giving them two waypoints. They went to the first and then stopped. If I told them to get out and there was a ammo box nearby they would immediately rearm and move onto the next waypoint.

I rolled back to version 16 and the problem is there. Does anyone else have this issue? I have the newest CBA and beta patch.

Thanks

Just seeing if anyone else has had this same error yet?

Just seeing if anyone else has had this same error yet?

I don't have that one specifically, however I have seen other weirdness which has caused me to switch off the ASR re-arming feature when using I44 - when a tank crew bailed out, they would get into a strange looped animation of putting an invisible rifle on their backs. Turning off the mission start re-arming fixed this.

Just reporting that the new JSRS version has broken the audible ranges for rifles for the AI (the AI hears at 80 to 150 meters, tested with an AK74)

Edited by NacroxNicke

Same combo haven't seen that issue since an earlier version of TPWCAS but as Robaldo mentioned above it was due to very low skill settings.

Just reporting that the new JSRS version has broken the audible ranges for rifles for the AI (the AI hears at 80 to 150 meters, tested with an AK74)

Yep, fixed it in my dev version, guess I need to push that beta out.

Hi,

great mod but I have some problems and I dont know what is the reason.

Playing Arma 2 AO campaign again and I have issues with the Bradley Tank.

* somtimes I cant select/spot targets aswell the gunner does not fire

i.e. 100-200 meter a car with MG and crew is visible with the commander but right clicking does nothing.

When I change to the driver position, I read and hear the spotting but gunner takes no action.

I have seen similar issues when creating a mission, just spawning a Bradley and 2x t-72. There was one case when the T-72 was half covered and I could not select/spot him for the gunner.

Yesterday I played on a warfare server with ASR AI and I was driving a Bradley Tank. There was an enemy player driving a Tunguska tank in front of me not far away in the open. I was commander and changed to the TOW weapon. I could not spot/select the target with right clicking, not with the tab button and not with the 2/1 in the menu. At the end I was just looking at him and died from his rockets/gun.

Iam not sure what is going on here and if it has something to do ASR AI or not.

Hi,

great mod but I have some problems and I dont know what is the reason.

Playing Arma 2 AO campaign again and I have issues with the Bradley Tank.

* somtimes I cant select/spot targets aswell the gunner does not fire

i.e. 100-200 meter a car with MG and crew is visible with the commander but right clicking does nothing.

When I change to the driver position, I read and hear the spotting but gunner takes no action.

I have seen similar issues when creating a mission, just spawning a Bradley and 2x t-72. There was one case when the T-72 was half covered and I could not select/spot him for the gunner.

Yesterday I played on a warfare server with ASR AI and I was driving a Bradley Tank. There was an enemy player driving a Tunguska tank in front of me not far away in the open. I was commander and changed to the TOW weapon. I could not spot/select the target with right clicking, not with the tab button and not with the 2/1 in the menu. At the end I was just looking at him and died from his rockets/gun.

Iam not sure what is going on here and if it has something to do ASR AI or not.

Yes, I too have had the same problem. Bradley APC with gunner and commander refuses to fire on target for some odd reason.

Yep, fixed it in my dev version, guess I need to push that beta out.

:yay:

cant wait i knew something was off ..

Seems as though not many others are having this issue however..

Well, you should try the BMP-3 then. Seems to be connected to the visibility parameter in the configs of vehicles. I never thought about blaming asr_ai for the slight dumbness of vehicle crews before (note to Rob: not that I do now :)!). Sometimes they recognize targets way beyond visible range and sometimes you as commander can't reveal targets less than 50 meters in front of you in plain sight ...