Im having some trouble with AI soldiers taking rocket launchers but not ammo

If this is with ACE and the disposable launchers, they don't need to. Otherwise, they automatically try to get at least 1 round, more if there's space in their inventory when they grab the launcher.

Please post details in a ticket, which kind of launcher, mods used.

Is there any chance this amazing Mod will ever incorporate a type of UI that for example JED Advanced Skill Slider mod had / has? - That skill slider was / is very easy to use and allows quick changes of individual units in a very simple UI -

Is there any chance this amazing Mod will ever incorporate a type of UI that for example JED Advanced Skill Slider mod had / has? - That skill slider was / is very easy to use and allows quick changes of individual units in a very simple UI -

I really don't get why people can get so picky about their AI skills... AI is dumb, is random, and is far from overcoming both, and unless you are whatching every move they make, you won't notice any kind of micro-management you invests your time in. If you're into mission making, never rely on AI skills to make them enjoyable, not in this game at least. You will be happier sonner.

Some kind of in-game UI as an alternate way of setting up all of the mod's parameters on the fly as well as making them persistent, instead of editing the userconfig file, is something I'd like to do, but it's low priority. Once you find that sweet spot, you rarely need to go change the settings. For me and a few others, that spot is represented by the provided defaults.

If I change the server side user_config info...will it override the clientside user_config info? If not, how do I force the same settings for everybody? All of my clients have ASR_AI installed.

If I change the server side user_config info...will it override the clientside user_config info? If not, how do I force the same settings for everybody? All of my clients have ASR_AI installed.

Any userconfig changes are affect the machine whose A.I. is 'local' imo

So..if server has "X" values and your clients "Y"..server AI will provide "X" results and clients AI "Y" results :)

Rearming is local but the skill assignments and other scripted skills are controlled by the server.

Good that you reminded me, will check and make sure they are all controlled by the server, some of the code is still controlled by clients, like the smoke throwing and the combat stance, nothing too critical or exploitable though.

Edited by Robalo

Rearming is local but the skill assignments and other scripted skills are controlled by the server.

If some AI is controlled by the client (meaning it's created mid-game, by scripts running in the client), will they have the skills settings defined by the server or the client?

If some AI is controlled by the client (meaning it's created mid-game, by scripts running in the client), will they have the skills settings defined by the server or the client?

Right, in fact the scripts that are doing the skill assignments are only executed on the server and they set skills for all AI (including remote AI - those local to players).

Hi Robalo,

Hope you are well? Did you ever complete a mission script only(not addon) version of ASR_AI or any of its components?

best wishes

Chief

Hi Robalo,

Hope you are well? Did you ever complete a mission script only(not addon) version of ASR_AI or any of its components?

best wishes

Chief

Hey Chief,

All is well thanks, perhaps just too busy with RL obligations. No I'm afraid there was zero progress towards making an ASR_AI script version.

I'm still tweaking the mod whenever I get the chance, testing things, trying to improve. To be honest I don't see the script version happening anytime soon.

All the best to you and yours too!

Thanks for the reply Rob. I fully understand about RL getting in the way of one's interests. Very nice job to date on your ASR_AI mod. I can't play Arma without it now.

Thanks for all your hard efforts and a great mod.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Chief

I did a search and found someone with the same issue mid last year but I couldn't find a resolution.

I am having trouble with the AI rearming module of 16.1.1 breaking waypoints for armour when the crew don't have rifles. I first noticed playing I44 that my armour would go to there first waypoint but would go no further. After removing all other mods except I44 and ASR I determined that it was happening if the crew did not have any weapons except their pistols. Turning off AI rearming fixed the issue.

I then tested in vanilla by removing the weapons of three crew, moving them into a M1A1 and giving them two waypoints. They went to the first and then stopped. If I told them to get out and there was a ammo box nearby they would immediately rearm and move onto the next waypoint.

I rolled back to version 16 and the problem is there. Does anyone else have this issue? I have the newest CBA and beta patch.

Thanks

Edited by aeggwards1
Tested again with v16 and problem exists

Hey Chief,

All is well thanks, perhaps just too busy with RL obligations. No I'm afraid there was zero progress towards making an ASR_AI script version.

I'm still tweaking the mod whenever I get the chance, testing things, trying to improve. To be honest I don't see the script version happening anytime soon.

All the best to you and yours too!

Hope this doesnt mean that you will stop improving it :)

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I'm not really sure what the issue is and what to search for.

I'm noticing that AT (Javelin) won't rearm from a backpack unless I get the owner of the backpack to drop it on the floor first. Is this because of ACE?

Quite OT but I also can't use the gear display to move the Javelin to an AI member of my squad yet I can take it myself. It just won't move over. I only mention this in case it's a symptom of the root cause of my problem.

I'm glad that I can at least drop the backpack now as having as many AT guys as I knew there would be tanks was really ruining the realism of my missions. Loving this mod if only for the rearming alone.

I did a search and found someone with the same issue mid last year but I couldn't find a resolution.

I am having trouble with the AI rearming module of 16.1.1 breaking waypoints for armour when the crew don't have rifles. I first noticed playing I44 that my armour would go to there first waypoint but would go no further. After removing all other mods except I44 and ASR I determined that it was happening if the crew did not have any weapons except their pistols. Turning off AI rearming fixed the issue.

I then tested in vanilla by removing the weapons of three crew, moving them into a M1A1 and giving them two waypoints. They went to the first and then stopped. If I told them to get out and there was a ammo box nearby they would immediately rearm and move onto the next waypoint.

I rolled back to version 16 and the problem is there. Does anyone else have this issue? I have the newest CBA and beta patch.

Thanks

I've never seen this problem, though I haven't yet run i44 with asr_ai. I know that i44 has a lot of mod-specific routines for, e.g., healing, so it's possible there's some clash. Does anything show in your RPT?

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I'm not really sure what the issue is and what to search for.

I'm noticing that AT (Javelin) won't rearm from a backpack unless I get the owner of the backpack to drop it on the floor first. Is this because of ACE?

Quite OT but I also can't use the gear display to move the Javelin to an AI member of my squad yet I can take it myself. It just won't move over. I only mention this in case it's a symptom of the root cause of my problem.

I'm glad that I can at least drop the backpack now as having as many AT guys as I knew there would be tanks was really ruining the realism of my missions. Loving this mod if only for the rearming alone.

ACE has its own models for both the backpacks and the Javelin. Maybe a config issue.

Thanks for the reply Orcinus. It works fine with MG and Assistant MG guys so I'm guessing its the Javelin model that's giving me grief. Not the first time given the amount of non ACE missions where you end up with just the tube and no CLU lol.

I'll head my searches towards the ACE crowds. Thanks again.

Edited by JeProject
Typo

Thanks for the reply Orcinus. It works fine with MG and Assistant MG guys so I'm guessing its the Javelin model that's giving me grief. Not the first time given the amount of non ACE missions where you end up with just the tube and no CLU lol.

I'll head my searches towards the ACE crowds. Thanks again.

There's a fix for the CLU issue in non-ACE missions. I rarely play with ACE so I can't remember the details. Search the ACE threads & you'll likely find it, otherwise do a general forum search with an external engine.

Can someone confirm that the accuracy of the AI is now only determined by the "skill" parameter? e.g. skillEnemy

In other words, is the "precision" parameter (e.g. precisionEnemy), still irrelevant?

The reason that I'm asking is that I'm find the AI too accurate.

So I'd like to lower their accuracy but I'm not sure which parameter I should be lowering...

I've never seen this problem, though I haven't yet run i44 with asr_ai. I know that i44 has a lot of mod-specific routines for, e.g., healing, so it's possible there's some clash. Does anything show in your RPT?

Thanks for the reply Orcinus. Nothing in my RPT to suggest what is happening. I discovered it is also the case in Vanilla you just don't see it unless the crew members of the vehicle have no weapons or only pistols. I have since tested some more and found that it is also present using any vehicle (car, armour, air).

Can someone confirm that the accuracy of the AI is now only determined by the "skill" parameter? e.g. skillEnemy

In other words, is the "precision" parameter (e.g. precisionEnemy), still irrelevant?

Yes.

It's not. Put AI 100-200m away from you on Utes airfield and start running back and forth. It will take a ridiculous amount of time for AI to hit you even at high skills.

Even when standing still - it will take some shots for AI to zero in on you. You would hit a static dude from 1 shot.

Thanks for the reply Orcinus. Nothing in my RPT to suggest what is happening. I discovered it is also the case in Vanilla you just don't see it unless the crew members of the vehicle have no weapons or only pistols. I have since tested some more and found that it is also present using any vehicle (car, armour, air).

Something to raise in the i44 thread then.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

So I'd like to lower their accuracy but I'm not sure which parameter I should be lowering...

Moving after shooting - even rolling from one piece of cover to another - hampers the AI from zeroing in on you. Ofc if there are a lot of them firing at you, you may get hit by chance given the AI tendency to fire on full auto when they have appropriate weapons.. Choose your cover well before firing of there are a lot of bad guys (if you have a choice...).

I discovered it is also the case in Vanilla you just don't see it unless the crew members of the vehicle have no weapons or only pistols. I have since tested some more and found that it is also present using any vehicle (car, armour, air).

Does it happen as well with AI rearming off?

It's not. Put AI 100-200m away from you on Utes airfield and start running back and forth. It will take a ridiculous amount of time for AI to hit you even at high skills.

Even when standing still - it will take some shots for AI to zero in on you. You would hit a static dude from 1 shot.

It is, because the AI regularly kills me with their first shot and they're neither snipers nor are we at short range.

Empirical evidence suggests that large numbers of rounds are usually required to kill a soldier.

Thanks for the confirmation though that in order to reduce AI accuracy one if obliged to reduce their skill.

It seems rather stupid that BI goes to the trouble of creating 2 separate parameters (skill & accuracy) only to nerf the second and merge it with the first.

I don't want retarded AI, I just want less accurate AI.

Ideally I'd like smart AI but without the instant-kill effect.

So if anyone has any tips, I'm all ears.