I keep getting a message every time I load up a mission that ASR_AI User Config is Outdated. Does this mean anything or should I just ignore it?

It means there have been significant changes to the userconfig file and you should update it. Copy the one provided in the archive to your <game>\userconfig\asr_ai\ folder, overwriting the one you have.

For Six Updater users: http://i46.tinypic.com/3574i.jpg

It means there have been significant changes to the userconfig file and you should update it. Copy the one provided in the archive to your <game>\userconfig\asr_ai\ folder, overwriting the one you have.

For Six Updater users: http://i46.tinypic.com/3574i.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. Processing the userconfigs worked. Probably should have searched the forum before posting as I found that solution in a previous post. I appreciate the help.

This is very awesome mod and i like it, but sadly i must say that it really hits performance, especially when there are many soldiers. I have 5fps less with ASR enabled at arma2 benchmark, and for my typical 15-25fps 5fps of difference is really noticable. Is there any chance to asr mod change only soldiers skills at mission start, and nothing else? (i mean that armed civilian will have really bad aim and have no chance vs usmc)- this is the feature i like the most ;)

This is very awesome mod and i like it, but sadly i must say that it really hits performance, especially when there are many soldiers. I have 5fps less with ASR enabled at arma2 benchmark, and for my typical 15-25fps 5fps of difference is really noticable. Is there any chance to asr mod change only soldiers skills at mission start, and nothing else? (i mean that armed civilian will have really bad aim and have no chance vs usmc)- this is the feature i like the most ;)

I had to stop using the mod altogether for the same reason. But that's no Robalo's fault. My CPU can't cope with the latest additions. All you have to do to get what you want is to use an older version (I think the first version that implemented lower stances should be alright, but I don't remember the numbers... was it 1.15, Robalo?)

Personally, I've only noticed a slow-down in terms of other scripts I may be running in-game (i.e. Loki Lost Key, AC-130, etc.). FPS has been constant for me. Either way though, definitely worth the MAJOR improvement to the AI (I just tried playing my first mission without ASR or Zeus in about a year and had to quit after about two minutes because the AI on both teams were just standing in the open and shooting at each other).

I had to stop using the mod altogether for the same reason. But that's no Robalo's fault. My CPU can't cope with the latest additions. All you have to do to get what you want is to use an older version (I think the first version that implemented lower stances should be alright, but I don't remember the numbers... was it 1.15, Robalo?)

What's your CPU? I have a dual core 2.53 and haven't noticed FPS drops with ASR. Maybe you are putting too much stress on your CPU with other settings? AI>graphics

I got terrible performance too on some mission with that mod, but the game is just perfect with it so i dont want remove that mod, but if there would exist a less "fps-killer" version, i would like to have it!

Sorry to hear about this, optimization has been a primary concern for me with every new feature and I have done many improvements in this regard with every release. In your case though, problem is you can't even enjoy Arma's vanilla AI at it's full potential if you're only running 15-25 FPS. You need to double that to enjoy this game, really.

A lot of features can be disabled in the userconfig. In your case, I guess disable all but sys_aiskill feature and setskills, then maybe try re-enabling some features. Don't expect miracles though.

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

I got terrible performance too on some mission with that mod, but the game is just perfect with it so i dont want remove that mod, but if there would exist a less "fps-killer" version, i would like to have it!

fps-killer ?

Please feel free to share your experience with more detail, best to open a ticket and upload the mission so I can run it with some debugging and see what can be done. Just make sure to try it without the mod too, some missions are fps-killers themselves.

I will try to provide more options in the future so you can tweak it even better and easier.

Edited by Robalo

What's your CPU? I have a dual core 2.53 and haven't noticed FPS drops with ASR. Maybe you are putting too much stress on your CPU with other settings? AI>graphics

AMD Phenom X4 9600 Black Edition @2.4 Ghz... and I know my way around :). I got 35 FPS without, vs 22 with ASR, on the same mission. The OS is Windows XP 64. The unit level is carefully kept under 24 vs 24, all urban combat. The AI skill is set at 0.35 or else, post processing off, everything else in normal. Without the AI I got 40~50 FPS, so it's all the AI stressing the CPU.

Like I said, NOT Robalo's fault.

I am testing whether AI pickup weapons while using ASR_AI and seems like the AI do NOT pickup anything. As a test my mission starts out with an AI with no weapons (I strip him of weapons at start). He has a waypoint that brings him past 4 ammo boxes and he just moves right past all 4 of them.

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to specifically put something in a script to make them grab weapons? I thought by just having the mod enabled would do the trick.

I am using v1.16

Edited by Delta99

May take a while before they start to rearm themselves.

May take a while before they start to rearm themselves.

Any idea what a "while" is? I am pretty sure I wanted at least 2 minutes in one case and still nothing. I can wait longer but why wouldn't this just start happening immediately or at least pretty quickly?

Try setting up an opfor with no weapons too, and set both too danger, when they see each other I'm sure they will react and grab a weapon. I'm not sure if that's a feature or not.

Try setting up an opfor with no weapons too, and set both too danger, when they see each other I'm sure they will react and grab a weapon. I'm not sure if that's a feature or not.

If that is how ASR AI works then it won't work for what I need it for. Need AI to pickup weapons anytime not while under fire or in the presence of enemy etc. Need to grab weapons right away.

@Robalo: Yes, some mission i play nowaday (SP Apocalypse) can be "fps-killer" themselves, but i can play them good without ASR, but with ASR the game become very slow after a bit of time. Other exemple, with ASR i lose about 4/5 fps in benchmark 2, after clean install, im at 18/19 fps, when i put ASR then im at 13/14, when i start put some other mod, im at 16 fps, and 11/12 with asr. But i think i need to reinstall again, now im at 14fps without any mod, and 9fps with ASR.

Anyway don't worry, if i use your mod i already know that it can act on performance, its not a blame or anything that im doing when i say "fps-killer", ASR is a really good mod, if it wouldnt be i would remove it already. And this game got anyway a weird optimization x)

(Sorry for my english, im french!)

Edited by benouyt

If you have FPS drops with ASR_AI try disabeling AI Rearming in the userconfig.

I just did it and delete profiles files and everything, now i dont lose any fps anymore, im at 15. Thanks

I am testing whether AI pickup weapons while using ASR_AI and seems like the AI do NOT pickup anything. As a test my mission starts out with an AI with no weapons (I strip him of weapons at start). He has a waypoint that brings him past 4 ammo boxes and he just moves right past all 4 of them.

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to specifically put something in a script to make them grab weapons? I thought by just having the mod enabled would do the trick.

I am using v1.16

Having an active waypoint prevents rearming for that unit, it's by design.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Nope, what you describe is the engine's rearming feature that kicks in.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

I just did it and delete profiles files and everything, now i dont lose any fps anymore, im at 15. Thanks

Just keep in mind that even vanilla AI will be a lot weaker at that fps.

Also some features from this mod won't even activate, for example info sharing between groups or gunshot hearing need at least 25 fps to run, or moving to cover won't trigger unless you have at least 30 fps.

Oh okay, but anyway, 15 fps is just in the benchmark 2, in normal game i got good fps (i think) it dont stutter or anything

Oh okay, but anyway, 15 fps is just in the benchmark 2, in normal game i got good fps (i think) it dont stutter or anything

Ah, gotcha, 15 in benchmark 2 is pretty good I think.

Having an active waypoint prevents rearming for that unit, it's by design.

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Nope, what you describe is the engine's rearming feature that kicks in.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

I am pretty sure my waypoint ended directly in the middle of about 5-6 ammoboxes and the AI never moved an inch towards any of them. Or, it ended after passing the boxes but not by much. I will retest again to be certain though and report back.

I am pretty sure my waypoint ended directly in the middle of about 5-6 ammoboxes and the AI never moved an inch towards any of them. Or, it ended after passing the boxes but not by much. I will retest again to be certain though and report back.

Ok, tested again. I did have the waypoint set as I said. It took 4 minutes of game time for the unit to grab a weapon from an ammobox but it did work. Unfortunately this is way too long of a time for my purposes so I can't rely on ASR AI mod as it currently stands.

However, Robalo, is there a way to programmatically call something in the mod from one of my own scripts to have a unit search close by for a weapon and grab one? Or, can you point to how you are doing this in your mod and perhaps I can strip out that functionality and use just that in my own script?

But... Can't you directly order your AI subordinates to rearm at the ammocrates in vanilla? Or are my brains fried? (that tends to happen quite a lot, so...)

But... Can't you directly order your AI subordinates to rearm at the ammocrates in vanilla? Or are my brains fried? (that tends to happen quite a lot, so...)

If you are commanding them yes, if not no. This is for a very specific purpose so I will probably contact Robalo privately on what I am looking for. Rather than re-inventing the wheel somebody pointed me to ASR AI to do it.

Well then, the simplest way to do it would be to use the rearm action.

soldierOne action ["rearm", ammoTruckOne]

Tell me if i'm off again.