Yes I do, and thanks for the suggestion (sorry I didn't mention before). Other mods which depend on CBA seem to work fine. Zeus and ACE come to mind. Rarely I try ACE+ASR, more often when I play single player I launch it with Zeus+ASR+CBA(all 3 CBA). And COSLX on occasion but it seems to make no difference.

Mine is just a n00b comment but I can seem to make ASR work properly. It's loaded and all, no errors, but still my AI run out of ammo and do nothing about it. They never rearm by themselves, even if there is a friendly loaded vehicle next to them. If I command they to rearm, they do so. If I do not, they just spend the whole remainder of the mission without ammo (and bitching about that).

I don't know what to do, I play quite a bit of SP and would love this to work :(

Rearming should work right out of the box, if the mod is installed properly. If you open a support ticket on the tracker with enough details I'll probably be able to figure out what's up with your install.

@luizsilveira: stock SLX_wounds has its own rearming routine. I never noticed a conflict with asr_ai, but I haven't used the default SLX_wounds since asr_ai v 1.13 or so, when I modified SLX _wounds to disable weapon dropping.

Have you tried using just asr_ai (with CBA, ofc) and no other mods?

Have anyone tried playing the campaign with this mod? Do it screw up the scripts or anything?

I have used by its own, yeah, and don't recall it working properly. But I was still finding my way around and thought it was just like that. More recently I'm always using it together with zeus. SLX I only use more rarely, and often when I do I do not use the wound system (as it tends to bring lots of bugs to missions/campaigns).

Thanks Robalo. Just today I was playing some MP Coop (I was hosting) and one of my units ran out of ammo and stayed like that - even though there was even a weapons cache nearby. I also can't seem to fine a radio/menu option to turn it on/off.

Thanks again, I'll move it to the tracker.

Have anyone tried playing the campaign with this mod? Do it screw up the scripts or anything?

I have finished A2, OA and BAF campaigns with ACE and ASR_AI without problems.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Is there a reason for BIS not using these new AI behaviours in their vanilla version? No offence, but people have already done it for them. Vanilla AI just stands there doing nothing. ASR reacts and use cover wherever they can. It has everything I miss in the vanilla version.

Is there a reason for BIS not using these new AI behaviours in their vanilla version?

Oh... I'm sure there is.

i truthfully prefer the campaign with it. much nicer, no probs i noticed.

Release time: uploaded v1.16

It's basically v1.16beta2 + ACR DLC support.

Enjoy !

In what situations do AI choose to use smoke grenades?

That's actually in the README:

- AI use smoke grenades for concealment when wounded.

Thanks. Do you have any plans for the next versions you can share, Robalo :) ?

GREAT work on the mod so far, Robalo! :cool:

How difficult would it be to implement a feature that would allow AI to use HE rounds of the main guns of tanks to target enemy infantry? I recently made a switch from Zeus, and I noticed that in that mod, they would dynamically generate an "enemy position" in firefights that would seemingly simulate both an infantry and armor target so that any AI units, upon detection of the "enemy position," would open up with both small arms and rocket/main gun fire. This allowed friendly AI the occasional use of rockets/HEAT from a main gun on enemy infantry holed up in a building. I guess this would be something along the lines of identifying an enemy formation, and then temporarily generating a set of ACE Invisible Targets and then deleting those targets after a sufficient amount of time?

GREAT work on the mod so far, Robalo! :cool:

How difficult would it be to implement a feature that would allow AI to use HE rounds of the main guns of tanks to target enemy infantry? I recently made a switch from Zeus, and I noticed that in that mod, they would dynamically generate an "enemy position" in firefights that would seemingly simulate both an infantry and armor target so that any AI units, upon detection of the "enemy position," would open up with both small arms and rocket/main gun fire. This allowed friendly AI the occasional use of rockets/HEAT from a main gun on enemy infantry holed up in a building. I guess this would be something along the lines of identifying an enemy formation, and then temporarily generating a set of ACE Invisible Targets and then deleting those targets after a sufficient amount of time?

Great idea thanks, esp. the "set of invisible targets" thingy, I guess that's the proper way to make the engine AI use grenades, mixed with target knowledge and LOS checks. With a high enough cost setting on those targets, they would shoot the big guns too. Was planning on maintenance only for a while, to make time for other projects, but ideas like this should not get too cold.

Just stopping in to check up on things over here, lots of reading I had to catch up on. (sorry Rob) While I'm here though I have to say, it's been awesome to watch this grow and test it from the beginning. And it's really awesome to see all you guys utilizing and enjoying Robalo's work. I know we have for many, many years. For me personally, I don't think the gameplay against the AI has felt this good to date. The suppression is stellar and the diversity ... well, I know it's changed the way we play the game. Which I believe was the original intent.

Really looking forward to what kind of creative things might come about as we move into A3. I'd almost be willing to bet on epic. ;)

And for those of you who have invested the time to help with beta testing and feedback, thank you. I know that Robalo has a true passion for creating and modding a vast array of things. Our for that matter, so do most of the guys who bring awesome stuff to the table for free, all the time. Which by default generally requires little sleep on their behalf. The feedback, input and "thank you's" are what fuel these guys and help facilitate growth and continued development. Idea's and concepts while not always new, are often just missed by the right people. So keep it coming, as I'm pretty sure somebody is keeping a list. :)

-Gnome

Hello,

very difficult to find the right words for this "Masterpiece" of community work.

I´m out of words to discribe my thankfulness for this more than useful addon and for all the hard work that Robalo does, also for the other guys who are creating addon/mods for Arma.

I appreciate it very much and a big thanks to all the guys, who spend a lot of their spare time for me, you and us!!

Frontpaged at ArmA2Base

dbutton1j6xylzs1fc.jpg

ASR AI Addons von Robalo_AS (v1.16)

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3651

Best regards

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

I am a big fan of ASR AI mod already, and I'm really glad to receive an update. Is that normal when firing silent weapons around 300m and enemy AI doesn't found me so soon?

I am a big fan of ASR AI mod already, and I'm really glad to receive an update. Is that normal when firing silent weapons around 300m and enemy AI doesn't found me so soon?

Enemy should never be able to find you at 300m if you're careful. They can't hear the gunshots over that range and have no way of knowing where to look.

Is there any point in running ASR AI and Zeus AI at the same time? Zeus havent been updated for a while. Even though, isnt it the best AI mod that will be the supperier mod while playing anyway?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Just stopping in to check up on things over here, lots of reading I had to catch up on. (sorry Rob) While I'm here though I have to say, it's been awesome to watch this grow and test it from the beginning. And it's really awesome to see all you guys utilizing and enjoying Robalo's work. I know we have for many, many years. For me personally, I don't think the gameplay against the AI has felt this good to date. The suppression is stellar and the diversity ... well, I know it's changed the way we play the game. Which I believe was the original intent.

Really looking forward to what kind of creative things might come about as we move into A3. I'd almost be willing to bet on epic. ;)

And for those of you who have invested the time to help with beta testing and feedback, thank you. I know that Robalo has a true passion for creating and modding a vast array of things. Our for that matter, so do most of the guys who bring awesome stuff to the table for free, all the time. Which by default generally requires little sleep on their behalf. The feedback, input and "thank you's" are what fuel these guys and help facilitate growth and continued development. Idea's and concepts while not always new, are often just missed by the right people. So keep it coming, as I'm pretty sure somebody is keeping a list. :)

-Gnome

Its already been said that they will port these mods over to ArmA 3, so enjoy it when its released. ;)

Thanks for the kind words everyone and please refrain from any "X is better than Y" type of discussions here.