If you're using Six Updater, you can run some process on ASR_AI that has something to do with userconfigs. ("Install Userconfigs"? Not sure what it's called) That should solve it.

Either that, or you can manually copy the new userconfig file from the ASR_AI mod folder to the BIS folder with all the userconfigs in it.

It happen when I updated to asr 1.15.1 from 1.14.1 thats when I got the error message

It happen when I updated to asr 1.15.1 from 1.14.1 thats when I got the error message

It's just a warning, and here's proof I had a good reason to put it in there :)

Same as ususal:

05. INSTALLATION

================

To begin using the Software:

1. Copy the .pbo and .bisign files to a mod (addon folder) and launch the game with that mod loaded. For more information about addon folders please check BIS Wiki here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Addons#ArmA_2

2. Copy the content of userconfig to a folder named userconfig in your main Arma2 folder.

Optionally, customize your user or server settings by editing the file asr_ai_settings.hpp that should be located in <main Arma2 folder>\userconfig\asr_ai\

Or in Six Updater, right-click on the mod in the preset -> process userconfigs

On another subject, I uploaded a test version on dev-heaven (1.15.3_test) if anyone wants to try it out. I did not have time to test it properly yet but it looks promising. It doesn't have new fancy features, but I've completely reworked some of the code and is hopefully a lot more efficient. Again, it's not a release, so don't treat it as such, but feedback is very welcome.

Edited by Robalo

Thanks for the mod , I love it when the AI holds up in a house! :459:

My only concern is that when the AI is about 100/200m away they fire at each other perfect but when they are close say about 50m or 25m it takes ages for them click on that theres an enemy in front of them haha.

Is there anything i could tweak that could fix that problem ?

As again GREAT AI improvement

Thanks for the mod , I love it when the AI holds up in a house! :459:

My only concern is that when the AI is about 100/200m away they fire at each other perfect but when they are close say about 50m or 25m it takes ages for them click on that theres an enemy in front of them haha.

Is there anything i could tweak that could fix that problem ?

As again GREAT AI improvement

Aiming speed should be fixed since v1.15, make sure you have the latest and no duplicate/old files. Or other mods that may modify skills for that matter.

If all checks out, you can increase aimingspeed values in the userconfig.

Okay, I have Zeus AI addon, ill take that off and see, I Also have ACE 2, will that affect anything?

I checked to see if i do have v1.15 and i dont so i downloaded it and made it into a mod folder, but when i try and launch the game this comes up "Include file userconfig\asr_ai\asr_ai_settings.hpp not found" when i looked at the file i couldint open it. Also I am running ACE 2 btw if that helps

Edited by kierandobbin54

Okay, I have Zeus AI addon, ill take that off and see, I Also have ACE 2, will that affect anything?

I checked to see if i do have v1.15 and i dont so i downloaded it and made it into a mod folder, but when i try and launch the game this comes up "Include file userconfig\asr_ai\asr_ai_settings.hpp not found" when i looked at the file i couldint open it. Also I am running ACE 2 btw if that helps

You need to install the userconfig file, please check the readme or a few posts back where I just mentioned it. ACE is perfectly compatible but Zeus AI is not fully. People have been mixing parts of both but I don't know exactly how.

noob question...

can i use this mod to improve AI behavior in the vanilla campaign? and in the user-made SP campaigns?

Mod is great, now waiting for some AI mod that will change a tactical AI behaviour some kind of Fabrizo worked long time ago called Flexi_AI, it will be good when enemies stop to move with 1 squad with 1 rpg against tank platoon ;P, and they will search for cover better than now ;)

Getting an RPT error with the latest test version:

Error in expression < {switch ((currentWeapon _unit) call asr_ai_sys_airearming_fnc_getType) do {>
 Error position: <asr_ai_sys_airearming_fnc_getType) do {>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai_sys_airearming_fnc_gettype
File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_handleStance.sqf, line 29

Ticket created - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35542

Hum, some issue right here :

AI still dumb : When in "Careless" they US meet RU and just make a hand signal, than just moving slowly (patrol) and don't do anything (juste some frag grenades sometimes and keep walking...Are their in strike ? haha

ASR AI is my favorite addon, 6 months ago i had the best AI EVER, but now, it's pretty bad, too slow to aiming, the upper body moving slowly like a robot to aiming.

I'm not a novice, i used to edit the userconfig file.

Any advice ?

We are currently using ASR AI addons v1.15.1 with all default settings in a domination map and it runs really well and AI is quite aggressive. You are running the CBAs with it correct?

I'm Running ACE 2, CBA and others.

I Found that : when in Careless on a VTS map, they are still dumb, if they are in Safe, they are ok.

I use it with UPSMON (patrol script).

Getting an RPT error with the latest test version:

Error in expression < {switch ((currentWeapon _unit) call asr_ai_sys_airearming_fnc_getType) do {>
 Error position: <asr_ai_sys_airearming_fnc_getType) do {>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: asr_ai_sys_airearming_fnc_gettype
File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_handleStance.sqf, line 29

Ticket created - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35542

Thanks, posted a new fixed test version.

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

I'm Running ACE 2, CBA and others.

I Found that : when in Careless on a VTS map, they are still dumb, if they are in Safe, they are ok.

I use it with UPSMON (patrol script).

I don't know what to say, you want careless AI to care ? Isn't that a feature that they don't ?

i'm still searching to fix it.

When in "Careless" AI is Peaceful with enemies, just a HE grenade sometimes but still walking in "limited" next to enemies :D

I'll post a video of an assault, you will see the other issue : strange aiming, and aggressive like a banana.

this is my profile for RU ARMY :

class level_4 { // regular 2

aimingAccuracy[] = {0.20, 0.10};

aimingShake[] = {0.20, 0.10};

aimingSpeed[] = {0.50, 0.20};

spotDistance[] = {0.50, 0.30};

spotTime[] = {0.40, 0.20};

endurance[] = {0.50, 0.20};

courage[] = {0.50, 0.20};

reloadSpeed[] = {0.50, 0.20};

commanding[] = {0.80, 0.10};

general[] = {0.80, 0.10};

units[] = { //russian army

I'm looking for a SUPER smart AI, but not too accurate to make coop mission with more shooting and less "AI sniper AK 600meters"

Edited by Vico

AI set to "careless" will ignore everything. That's a completely normal AI behavior. It's made for cutscenes or some other stuff when a mission maker doesn't want AI to jump into cover because there was a shot fired somewhere close.

If you want the same calm behavior but with human-like reactions to events around AI use 'safe' instead.

@Vico

Careless behaviour means exactly that -> care less. they wont care for anything. If you want them to move in a patrol, just use 'safe'. Careless behavior usually used when inserting troops by helicopter, this will ensure that the helo will drop its dismounts, not engage any enemy that was in their way

[ninja'ed... darn]

Other question :

setskills = 1; // Configure AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.)

if 1, do the following line work ?

aimingAccuracy[] = {0.20, 0.10};

aimingShake[] = {0.60, 0.10};

aimingSpeed[] = {0.50, 0.20};

spotDistance[] = {0.50, 0.30};

spotTime[] = {0.50, 0.10};

endurance[] = {0.50, 0.20};

courage[] = {0.50, 0.20};

reloadSpeed[] = {0.50, 0.20};

commanding[] = {0.80, 0.10};

general[] = {0.80, 0.10};

Here is the video of my AI, pretty slow and strange, give me your advice :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3bCbdAfuM&feature=youtu.be

Rob, after playing warfare for a while, I get heavy lag and the rpt gets spammed with the following script error:

Error in expression < {
if (!canStand _thisunit) then {
if (!isNil (_thisunit getVariable "asr_nolegs>
 Error position: <isNil (_thisunit getVariable "asr_nolegs>
 Error Generic error in expression
File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_AINet_pf.sqf, line 70

Beta is 94364, but gettin' it also in 94103, version is 1.15.1. Join_loner and Split_legs are disabled. Happens at approximately 1 hour playtime. Is that fixed in the newest test version? Anyway, gonna post this in your bug tracker.

Come on :)

US are not in the asr ai userconfig file,

RU are to slow to aiming and to fire, they moving their AK too slow and with a strange move, no flanking, no cover...

US are not in the asr ai userconfig file

So what? Userconfig is for classes not included in ASR AI by default.

RU are to slow to aiming and to fire, they moving their AK too slow and with a strange move, no flanking, no cover...

Well if next time you will put them into an area that has cover and not an empty airstrip they will do something. Now the only thing they can do is return fire and lose due to marine numbers and equipment superiority.

Ok, thanks a lot !

So, the last thing : With UPSMON+ASR AI, AI is still peacefull sometimes, my team was at 5 meters to them and no reactions, then 1 grenade and that's all.

The issue appear just since the 1.15 release.

Ok, thanks a lot !

So, the last thing : With UPSMON+ASR AI, AI is still peacefull sometimes, my team was at 5 meters to them and no reactions, then 1 grenade and that's all.

The issue appear just since the 1.15 release.

Slow AI could be caused by low difficulty settings or high CPU load.

Uploaded another experimental version (1.5.3_test4). Here's a short sneak-peak video recorded when testing it:

Woh, thats bad ass Rob, I love the realism that brings engaging enemies from afar like that, and then you can

see the enemy engaging back as well as getting into stat guns, u da man!