Thanks. I have an idea about how to fix the excessive recoil for the AI shooting MGs, but to make them go prone more often before shooting them, wish I knew how.

I would like to see this, always wanted to place snipers on my personal missions and force them prone, maybe there is a trick to it that could be called for MG class or something on firing although I haven't seen anything (or haven't come across it yet). Would be nice to see it done if anyone could get it to work.

Making good progress with this actually, now under tweaking, a scripted solution to:

- Dynamically reduce recoil for AI with MGs

- Increased recoil for wounded AI

- Lower combat stance overall, having AI with MG, AR or sniper go prone more

Robalo , there is a problem with the launchers. When enemy tanks approach my Anti-Tank men engage it BUT men that have previously taken launchers from the ground , do nothing about the tanks.

Robalo , there is a problem with the launchers. When enemy tanks approach my Anti-Tank men engage it BUT men that have previously taken launchers from the ground , do nothing about the tanks.

You must be running into a known limitation about AI not knowing how to select the proper rounds. If it happens they have a HEAT in the tube, they will shoot the tanks, but not the infantry, even if they have a spare frag round. Same the other way around.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/25912

Robalo main feature and issue for ACE, AI dont make a 'finish-shot' for wounded humans, can you fix it please?

@Robalo: thanks again for the update. I wait with bated breath for the tweaks to recoils and stance :yay:

@Old_Painless: COSLX adds some other fine AI features that AFAIK are neither in ASR_AI nor conflict with it: AI_findcover & AI_dodge.

Robalo main feature and issue for ACE, AI dont make a 'finish-shot' for wounded humans, can you fix it please?

Excuse me, what?

If AI hit you, and you fall in uncon, ai dont make a finishing shot to kill you, and you lying wounded in long time :(, have sense to make it with some chanse, maby can be based on ai skills level

it's a simple group versus group template. every single bullet of MG was shot in the sky with ASR AI enable, smply because the shooters did not prone.

not only mg's, i mean all ai, vec, inf, static, helis

Making good progress with this actually, now under tweaking, a scripted solution to:

Great news, I hope it works as expected.

If AI hit you, and you fall in uncon, ai dont make a finishing shot to kill you, and you lying wounded in long time :(, have sense to make it with some chanse, maby can be based on ai skills level

Isn't this more the fault of the Fist Aid Module you use? It probably sets players 'captured', so the AI doesn't shoot them any more.

I'm really looking forward to the announced tweaks, Robalo :)

Cheers,

D.

@J-Guid: give COSLX a try, if you haven't already. Passing allies will heal you if they are near enough, but frequently also enemies (sometimes the one that shot you) will heal you then take you prisoner. Leads to impromptu E&E side-missions even in the official campaigns :)

Orcinus, here is another situation, AI hit you but dont kill, but he must do it because you stay alive! :)

That's sounds great, especially the lowering of stance. Will that allow for more crouching or prone instead of standing? Would help ai survivability tremendously. Thanks for your hard work.

Recorded tests:

Edited by Robalo

Very nice Robalo, allot of that looks like an MP PvP game in places :)

Deff moving into SLX territory with movement and so on, very much welcomed. BTW if you ever work out a script routine to force sniper prone permanent that can be switch able via a script on/off and would release it as a standalone script I would love to see that :)

Either way cant wait to get my grubby hands on these updates.

Wow that looks really good Robalo, you can still see someone standing up from time to time but the overall impression is much better!

This looks impressive, what the impact on processing ?

Yes looks very good. Few questions.

What's the impact on FPS?

Do basic riflemen (not snipers/machingeunners) also go crouched/prone more often?(appears that way but just checking)

What exactly triggers the ai to go crouched? is it incoming rounds, enemy presence, danger mode? (unless you want to keep that "secret")

Does it have an effect when ai are behind cover, ie. are they sometimes unable to shoot because they go crouched behind a low wall and can no longer see over it.

Great work. I love this ai mod.