Thx a lot! But it's still not working properly together with Robert Hammer's weapons. Would really like to use your great addon but ...

Thx a lot! But it's still not working properly together with Robert Hammer's weapons. Would really like to use your great addon but ...

I just tested all RH's packs with this mod on top of vanilla + CBA and found a single error, RH's M4 missing the burst mode. Here's the fix, just for you :)

http://filedump.org/files/x6e6u1338122350.html

Let me know if that fixes the issue. Just replace the 2 files with the ones from the archive. Safe to use in MP where allowed, it's signed.

Nice one Robalo ,just waiting on SB to update six :cool:

I just tested all RH's packs with this mod on top of vanilla + CBA and found a single error, RH's M4 missing the burst mode. Here's the fix, just for you :)

http://filedump.org/files/x6e6u1338122350.html

Let me know if that fixes the issue. Just replace the 2 files with the ones from the archive. Safe to use in MP where allowed, it's signed.

Robalo, you're my hero! :) Thank you so much!!!

Tested yesterday with some ppl in MP. Great mod and very cool AI behaviour. I guess this will be now a standard on our server.

But i have one suggestion to you Robalo.

The most worse AI thingy is how the act with AT launchers. Even if a vehicle is spotted in far distance and they got enough time to take a good pos.

They will do something stupid like switch to gun & launcher all the time or stand up if a vehicle is 10m infront of them to get shot down.

If they would attack vehicles would be fair enough.

That's the problem with vanilla AI I've noticed actually.

AI is good at destroying vehicles with AT launchers if it isn't given an order to engage that vehicle. It will see a vehicle in range of the launcher, it will take it out and blow the vehicle up.

Now if AI is ordered to engage the vehicle (which is what AI commanders do) it will run around like a retard even if it has a clear shot.

This is something that can only be fixed by BIS I guess.

My only tweaks so far regarding AI and launchers is to prevent them from firing HEAT rounds at infantry. I will check the configs and see if they can be adjusted for better.

Nice one Robalo ,just waiting on SB to update six :cool:

Same here. I play on a Lingor server where the admin won't update until it appears on six. C'mon Sick Boy, it's been days since this was released.

KaBoNG, check SU again, inside allready! :) We updated

Is this AI mod compatible with Zeus AI ? If not , is it better than the ZEUS AI mod ?

What are the main differences and which Combination of Mods makes the AI , best ?

I'm not sure that ASR AI is compatible with Zeus AI, unless you configure Zeus (edit the Zeus file in Arma2's userconfig folder)

Once thing is sure, Zeus AI hasn't been updated for almost 2 years whereas ASR AI gets updated almost every month.

I think that it's fair to say that the general consensus points towards ASR AI.

Funny thing, earlier I replied to a YT comment:

Is tis compatible with Zeus AI ?

chabi3000 6 hours ago

It is probably compatible, but I recommend running this alone. You can run them both, experiment and see, but the result will be neither what ZeusAI or ASRAI wanted to achieve.

robalomanu in reply to chabi3000 2 hours ago

Hi Robalo, I have started using ASR AI after having used COSLX and wondering if you are planning to look into First Aid? I noticed that with COSLX, healing/first aid is very high priority - you are almost never left to bleed out and you may even get first aid from units in other teams. With ASR AI first aid is done somewhat reluctantly. It improves when combined with DAPs first aid module, but is not up to the level of COSLX.

I am well aware that there may be very good reasons for not approaching a wounded unit if he is out in the open, but just curious if you see any room for improvement in this area with ASR AI, or if you see it as out-of-scope?

Thanks,

OP

Hi Robalo, I have started using ASR AI after having used COSLX and wondering if you are planning to look into First Aid? I noticed that with COSLX, healing/first aid is very high priority - you are almost never left to bleed out and you may even get first aid from units in other teams. With ASR AI first aid is done somewhat reluctantly. It improves when combined with DAPs first aid module, but is not up to the level of COSLX.

I am well aware that there may be very good reasons for not approaching a wounded unit if he is out in the open, but just curious if you see any room for improvement in this area with ASR AI, or if you see it as out-of-scope?

Thanks,

OP

Hi,

First Aid is out of scope. There are already many systems like BIS, ACE, SLX, DAP etc. and people usually prefer one over the others. I'll leave this up to them.

Plus I'm happy enough with the ACE wounding system :)

Regards,

Rob

OK, cheers for the reply. Thanks for maintaining ASR, quite a lot of AI mods have been abandoned. As a SP player, I appreciate it a lot :)

machingunner are quite useless with this mod. they usually shot stand.

machingunner are quite useless with this mod. they usually shot stand.

Are they better about it with vanilla, or any other mod ?

I noticed that the ASR AI version in sixupdater is not the latest, it is still 1.14 and not 1.14.1.

Robalo can you do anything about it?

I noticed that the ASR AI version in sixupdater is not the latest, it is still 1.14 and not 1.14.1.

Robalo can you do anything about it?

You can inform Sickboy over the SU Feedback Platform about Version News. ;)

in my example scene yes. the overall damage was higher with vanille AI.

in my example scene yes. the overall damage was higher with vanille AI.

Thanks. I have an idea about how to fix the excessive recoil for the AI shooting MGs, but to make them go prone more often before shooting them, wish I knew how.

I'd be interested to look at your example scenario.

Hello, Is there an easy way to prevent only some soldiers from rearming? Mainly, just in my intro.. the guys just need to stand there.. not re arm.. ;)

Also, If using this ASR_AI with UPSMON, is it best to use NOAI option for UPSMON or can they work together for AI enhancements.

Edited by smacker909

Hello, Is there an easy way to prevent only some soldiers from rearming? Mainly, just in my intro.. the guys just need to stand there.. not re arm.. ;)

Sure, per unit:

Units can be individually prevented from rearming by setting a variable like this:

_unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_airearming_pause", 1]; (set back to 0 to resume rearming).

Or you can simply delay the rearming feature all together until after the intro:

- init the mission with asr_ai_sys_airearming_run = 0;

- at the end of your intro, asr_ai_sys_airearming_run = 1;

Also, If using this ASR_AI with UPSMON, is it best to use NOAI option for UPSMON or can they work together for AI enhancements.

They should work just fine together, for best results disable just redundant features in UPSMON or ASR_AI, instead of the whole AI enhancement.