These are great updates, this 1.60 final / JSRS 1.4 ... Christmas presents :)

BTW I notice in that video most never crouched in buildings, is that a drawback of building search (IE: danger mode stop / run whole crouch etc) .. or was that just the timing when video was recorded but it does happen?

I had them to stand up automatically when doing building searches. I think it looks and works best indoors. The alternative is to have them choose stance automatically but I hate when they go prone and glitch through the walls.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

(version 1.11 for game version < 1.60 is still available on the downloadpage)

Thank you !

Updated to 1.4 in first post.

Quick demo showing AI stealing Vectors and NVGs.

First part (day) has ACE wounds on, second part (night) does not.

This looks excellent! Will give this a bash for sure once we're at 1.6!

Just one question - when you say

1.12.1 | 07 DEC 2011

Improved house searching feature. Send only up to 3 men to search, less to small buildings, never the group leader.

Do you mean that this works only for an AI squad with a human commander and that this human commander should send three guys but not their squad leader?

Or am I misunderstanding you? Will this work in a coop with the AI on their own?

Do you mean that this works only for an AI squad with a human commander and that this human commander should send three guys but not their squad leader?

Or am I misunderstanding you? Will this work in a coop with the AI on their own?

It's not doing anything for the player's AI subordinates.

This house searching feature is activated for all AI in groups led by AI.

It's easy to check it out: place an infantry group in the editor close to a building. Set this in the leader's init to change behavior to COMBAT:

group this setBehaviour "COMBAT"

Then watch them do it.

Edited by Robalo

Is this mod still Performance friendly with this great features?^^

Is this mod still Performance friendly with this great features?^^

Should be. I reused an existing code loop so there should be no noticeable performance loss compared to previous releases.

Rob, i´ve tested your new Version with Thompsonb´s Flashpoint Zargabad Mission.

I´ve seen Squads who searched Houses here and there. The amount of it looks good.

And you gave me the Advice with the Tripwires for security when sniping out of Buildings..nice, while some Takis are blewed up at the Entrance, another sniped me out from an opposite Roof. :D

Rob, this is one of my favourite mods. I am using ACE,ASR_AI, GL4 (just for the group behaviour - no skills modding), elements of SLX (some animations/effects, wounding), Blastcore, JSRS.

The experience is incredible compared to vanilla.

However I have always wondered with your mod what the actual overlap is with your skill settings compared to ACE (specifically the changes to spotting, accuracy etc? At the moment I play with your skill settings commented out and I let ACE do it. What do you recommend?

JJ

However I have always wondered with your mod what the actual overlap is with your skill settings compared to ACE (specifically the changes to spotting, accuracy etc? At the moment I play with your skill settings commented out and I let ACE do it. What do you recommend?

JJ

There is no overlap, they are identical, so no worries.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/tasm/repository/revisions/master/entry/asr_ai/addons/c_aiskill/config.cpp

But what do you mean exactly by commented out ? Which settings ?

Edited by Robalo

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Wrong choice of words I think, not at my PC just now but I think I have set the AI Skills (can't remember the name of the specific variable) to be off ie 0 or False, can't remember which. Good to know that I don't need to do that, though.

JJ

Hi, thanks for the clarification. Wrong choice of words I think, not at my PC just now but I think I have set the AI Skills (can't remember the name of the specific variable) to be off ie 0 or False, can't remember which. Good to know that I don't need to do that, though.

JJ

In that case, you're missing a lot of good stuff that isn't in ACE at all :)

Uducrf65-Xo

EDIT: now with annotations.

Edited by Robalo

There is one big problem that can be ibserved in that video: AI is standing all the time, even while under fire. The default stance in combat should be crouched. They should only stand up if they have to move fast.

There is one big problem that can be ibserved in that video: AI is standing all the time, even while under fire. The default stance in combat should be crouched. They should only stand up if they have to move fast.

You mean in the houses or overall ?

Obviously overall since that's an annoyance of vanilla AI - including rooftops without low walls that would've possibly obscured the view forcing AI to stand up.

Well it wasn't obvious for me since it was a response to the comparison video.

Neither ACE nor my mod change the way the AI choose their stance, except the house search where I did force them to stand. I can try letting them choose that one too and see how it works (or make it a config option).

I fully agree that the AI has a strange way of choosing their combat stance, especially since the riflemen seem to go prone while the automatic riflemen prefer to stand. That bothers me too and I'd like to change it but I don't know how or if it's possible.

Does anyone have any info on these config parameters ?

lyingLimitSpeedHiding = 0.8;
   crouchProbabilityHiding = 0.8;
   lyingLimitSpeedCombat = 1.8;
   crouchProbabilityCombat = 0.4;
   lyingLimitSpeedStealth = 2;

I tried to play with their values not long ago to have them crouch more but wasn't able to get any results.

Just remind you how bad and slow the AI was with "always crouch/prone" in combat or enemy near/close by situations eg waiting 5+ minutes to get the AI in vehicles, impossible to change quickly positions/withdraw... ;)

Imho AI needs to know better how to use (hard)cover/buildings and how to use sprint/run.

Does anyone else have the issue with the burst mode on RH's M4s disappearing when using ASR AI Skills? It happens with both ASR AI Skills and ACE. I thinsk I have narrowed the issue down to the asr_ai_c_airof.pbo.

Are you using ACE config for RH M4s?

It may help until Robalo fixes whatever issue is there in ROF settings, not mentioning bringing RH M4s to ACE standards

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120120

Thanks Metalcraze but I am already using these. Unfortunately they don't help. It happens with ACE or Vanilla as the same settings are used in ACE and ASR AI.

Thanks Metalcraze but I am already using these. Unfortunately they don't help. It happens with ACE or Vanilla as the same settings are used in ACE and ASR AI.

Please can you be more exact about what's missing on which weapon ? I just tested with ASR AI and my ACE configs and I have the burst modes on the RH M4s. Make sure you have the ACE config mods loaded after RH mods otherwise they won't work.

You're also welcome to open a ticket with more details.

Please can you be more exact about what's missing on which weapon ? I just tested with ASR AI and my ACE configs and I have the burst modes on the RH M4s. Make sure you have the ACE config mods loaded after RH mods otherwise they won't work.

You're also welcome to open a ticket with more details.

Thanks Robalo, I will update later when I get home.

-----------------------------------------------------

Update:

Nevermind, I worked out the issue. It turns out that I my mod order had been incorrect for awhile and I hadn't noticed. Sorry about that, I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now!

Edited by aeggwards1

I'm using ACE with the COwarmod which includes ASR AI and GL4.

I must say, great job on the AI. Having them use buildings, cover me in CQB, use cover, not go prone every two seconds, be good drivers etc. is AWESOME. Really a HUGE improvement.

I must say, great job on the AI. Having them use buildings, cover me in CQB, use cover, not go prone every two seconds, be good drivers etc. is AWESOME. Really a HUGE improvement.

Good as it is, the CoWarMod does not include GL4.

But I agree that the latest patches, plus ASR AI and ACE provide a very challenging and at times believable experience.

Every time I read things like this, I got the same feeling, that it must be a little disappointing for BIS, to see people that continue to create myths about third party mods that, good as they are, have absolutely nothing to do with the features celebrated. Credit where credit is due. Most of what newbies mention about ACE and ASR AI, it's BIS work.