@ Robalo - Thanks!

Also, do these adjustments only effect enemy AI (or your Blufor AI as well, when playing SP).

@ Robalo - Thanks!

Also, do these adjustments only effect enemy AI (or your Blufor AI as well, when playing SP).

They affect all AI in single player. In MP, if you are running the mod on the client, it only affects the AI under your command. If it's running on the server, it controls all groups led by AI.

Hi

Sorry if it is a dumb question but ASR AI overrides the "precisionEnemy" and "skillEnemy" values that are set in the player profile?

Thanks

Hi

Sorry if it is a dumb question but ASR AI overrides the "precisionEnemy" and "skillEnemy" values that are set in the player profile?

Thanks

No, it does not overwrite your profile settings, I only tried to change the settings applied when you reset a difficulty option to default, like:

Options -> Game Options -> Difficulty -> (select one) -> press Default.

It does not work well though, so it's best to edit it manually with recommended values from post #20.

No, it does not overwrite your profile settings, I only tried to change the settings applied when you reset a difficulty option to default, like:

Options -> Game Options -> Difficulty -> (select one) -> press Default.

It does not work well though, so it's best to edit it manually with recommended values from post #20.

Thank you for the answer but you mean that ASR AI overrides profile settings provided that they are set to the values recommended in post #20?

And I do understand that this thread is not about mission editing what is the connection between

a, the "precisionEnemy" and "skillEnemy" settings in the profile

b, overall-skill slider setting in the mission editor

c, the skill values such as aimingaccuracy used in ASR AI config settings?

So for example what if

a, difficulty is set to "veteran" with the recommended skillEnemy=1 and precisionEnemy=0.7 values and

b, the difficulty slider is at 50% in the mission editor and

c, I use ASR AI?

I just can't figure out how skilled the enemy will be. It is very confusing to me. :confused:

skill slider in the editor takes min/max values from AI config which in this case is userconfig of ASR (see those 2 digits per stat? Those are your min/max values in between which slider moves).

Values in player config in My Documents affect AI further but they are separate from the ones above as far as I know.

From what I gather f.e. if a slider sets AI precision to, say, 0.8 (by being 4/5 to the right in the editor) among other stats (with f.e. 0.2 being minimum for precision and 1.0 maximum) and you have AI precision set to 0.7 in player config - the final value will probably be the result of 0.8*0.7

Now with random House Search? Nice! :)

Thank you for the Update Rob.

Thank you for the answer but you mean that ASR AI overrides profile settings provided that they are set to the values recommended in post #20?

No, what I mean is the mod does not overwrite anything in your profile. YOU are the one doing that by one of these methods:

- tweaking difficulty settings in game options

- clicking on the default button for each difficulty settings - this in theory would apply my recommended settings to your profile

- editing the profile by hand - your best bet

And I do understand that this thread is not about mission editing what is the connection between

a, the "precisionEnemy" and "skillEnemy" settings in the profile

These are like "master knobs".

b, overall-skill slider setting in the mission editor

c, the skill values such as aimingaccuracy used in ASR AI config settings?

So for example what if

a, difficulty is set to "veteran" with the recommended skillEnemy=1 and precisionEnemy=0.7 values and

b, the difficulty slider is at 50% in the mission editor and

c, I use ASR AI?

I just can't figure out how skilled the enemy will be. It is very confusing to me. :confused:

Check my notes here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2010281&postcount=305

So if you would set all of the possible skills in userconfig:

aimingAccuracy

aimingShake

aimingSpeed

endurance

spotDistance

spotTime

courage

reloadSpeed

commanding

general

Then the skill slider in editor would have zero effect.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Now with random House Search? Nice! :)

Thank you for the Update Rob.

You're welcome. I did not test this one extensively, curious to hear about your experiences. It makes harder to "game" the AI in urban scenarios where you would snipe from inside a building without too much worry about your security.

If you do that alone, better set some tripwires :)

Edited by Robalo

House search needs fine-tuning.

While it's nice to see AI finally trying to use buildings (and they sometimes even engage from roofs while moving around) there's a big problem with the script.

Basically a whole squad will try to enter the building and move around it. And now imagine a marine squad the size of 13 people which all try to enter a small one-storey building at once. Quite messy.

Better solution will be to limit the amount of men entering the building at once to something like 2-4 depending on the size of the building (I think there's some way of determining that using cover positions in it like in CBA_fnc_taskDefend) - and even better - when some are sent to one building, the rest should go to another building - that way it will seem more natural.

I mean Ai requip, pickup medic stuff etc.!

Here is improved config list with more grenades

/* list of frag grenades that units will look for */
asr_ai_sys_airearming_grenades = [
	"HandGrenade_West","HandGrenade_East","HandGrenade","BAF_L109A1_HE",
	"ACE_DM51","ACE_DM51A1","ACE_M84","ACE_M7A3","ACE_RG60A","ACE_M15",
	"ACE_M34","ACE_ANM14","ACE_M7A3","ACE_M86PDM","ACE_DM51","ACE_DM51A1",
	"ACE_Flashbang","ACE_TORCH_C","IR_Strobe_Target","IR_Strobe_Marker"
];

/* list of smoke grenades that units will look for */
asr_ai_sys_airearming_smokes = [
	"SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellRed","SmokeShellYellow","SmokeShellPurple","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange",
	"ACE_M34","ACE_RDG2","ACE_RDGM","ACE_DM25","ACE_DM31","ACE_DM32","ACE_DM33","ACE_DM34","ACE_DM36","ACE_M15"
];

And dont forget set

/* AI throws smoke when hit */

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_throwsmoke = 1;

Edited by J-Guid

Love the mod but does this cause friendly AI to wander around unless given a stop command? I'm micromanaging a lot more lately.

They don't wander around - they go to grab weapons and ammo when they need them. Especially rocket launchers.

There's a setting for a search radius if you don't want them to go too far (by default it's 50m - but I find that OK). No problems with it though as they grab weapons only out of combat.

I tell mine to go to a waypoint and after they get there they'll end up wandering further unless I order a stop, even without weapon supplies nearby. I've seen them get halfway across the map trying to regroup when I want them to be at base.

Question - Say I wanted to make all of my BluFor 4 man unit as good as could be when using ASR AI -

What would I need to tweak to make this so? I see in the UserConfig folder that comes with the Download a skill ratings for

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_sets = [

/* 0 (perfect) */ ["aimingAccuracy",[1.00,0.00],"aimingShake",[1.00,0.00],"aimingSpeed",[1.00,0.00],"spotDistance",[1.00,0.00],"spotTime",[1.00,0.00],"general",[1.00,0.00]],

But how would I make certain all my 4 man AI teammembers were rated as the above? I'm really looking forward to using this excellent addon....I'm just confused with how to edit (and what exactly to edit). Figure if I start with something small, like my 4 man unit specifically...learn from there it would be very helpful....

Also do I need a PBO program to do an editing or is notepad alone fine?

Edited by meade95

They don't wander around - they go to grab weapons and ammo when they need them. Especially rocket launchers.

There's a setting for a search radius if you don't want them to go too far (by default it's 50m - but I find that OK). No problems with it though as they grab weapons only out of combat.

Yes, that's the only reason they would move around by themselves as a result of this mod.

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Question - Say I wanted to make all of my BluFor 4 man unit as good as could be when using ASR AI -

What would I need to tweak to make this so? I see in the UserConfig folder that comes with the Download a skill ratings for

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_sets = [

/* 0 (perfect) */ ["aimingAccuracy",[1.00,0.00],"aimingShake",[1.00,0.00],"aimingSpeed",[1.00,0.00],"spotDistance",[1.00,0.00],"spotTime",[1.00,0.00],"general",[1.00,0.00]],

But how would I make certain all my 4 man AI teammembers were rated as the above? I'm really looking forward to using this excellent addon....I'm just confused with how to edit (and what exactly to edit). Figure if I start with something small, like my 4 man unit specifically...learn from there it would be very helpful....

Also do I need a PBO program to do an editing or is notepad alone fine?

You just choose the best units, like some Deltas or Spetsnaz (level 1 units).

By default no units in game are at that "perfect" level. But you can make them if you want, in userconfig, like this:

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units = [
/* 0 (perfect) */ ["FR_Sykes","FR_OHara"],

Here, compared to the default settings in userconfig, I've added these 2 unit class names to the level 0 (perfect): FR_Sykes, FR_OHara, meaning they will be assigned skill level from set 0 (the one you quoted).

If you want to do that on the fly, in your mission, from a trigger or init.sqf, run this code for example:

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units set [0, (asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units select 0) + ["FR_Sykes","FR_OHara"]];

This adds those 2 unit types to the existing ones in level 0.

Edited by Robalo

Noticed a lot more flanking by the AI with the latest version (we're using beta 1.60.86652 and DAC spawning). OPFOR was Spetznaz and MVD and both were very organized and moved well. They also used covering smoke and it sounded like suppression fire from their automatic weapons. We were on Lingor and the AI moved into a small ravine and then moved in to the sides (flanking) instead of just running straight at my team.

Nice stuff! Great work Robalo.

House search needs fine-tuning.

While it's nice to see AI finally trying to use buildings (and they sometimes even engage from roofs while moving around) there's a big problem with the script.

Basically a whole squad will try to enter the building and move around it. And now imagine a marine squad the size of 13 people which all try to enter a small one-storey building at once. Quite messy.

Better solution will be to limit the amount of men entering the building at once to something like 2-4 depending on the size of the building (I think there's some way of determining that using cover positions in it like in CBA_fnc_taskDefend) - and even better - when some are sent to one building, the rest should go to another building - that way it will seem more natural.

Thanks, I will tweak it. I already changed the code to work like this:

Send only up to (number of building positions) / 2 soldiers from a group to search a building, while the leader and the others will keep doing what they were doing, then the house guys will rejoin them after finished.

Thanks, I will tweak it. I already changed the code to work like this:

Send only up to (number of building positions) / 2 soldiers from a group to search a building, while the leader and the others will keep doing what they were doing, then the house guys will rejoin them after finished.

Just curious -if the enemy AI definitively see you enter a specific house - will they or can they know to search/enter that exact house or is it somewhat random?

Yes, that's the only reason they would move around by themselves as a result of this mod.

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

You just choose the best units, like some Deltas or Spetsnaz (level 1 units).

By default no units in game are at that "perfect" level. But you can make them if you want, in userconfig, like this:

/* 0 (perfect) */ ["FR_Sykes","FR_OHara"],

Here, compared to the default settings in userconfig, I've added these 2 unit class names to the level 0 (perfect): FR_Sykes, FR_OHara, meaning they will be assigned skill level from set 0 (the one you quoted).

If you want to do that on the fly, in your mission, from a trigger or init.sqf, run this code for example:

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units set [0, (asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units select 0) + ["FR_Sykes","FR_OHara"]];

This adds those 2 unit types to the existing ones in level 0.

@Robalo - Thanks much -

I think I get it.

So for my 4-Man unit (which are the Tier One, addons), I could simply name my other members SEAL1, SEAL2, SEAL3 -

From there, within my UserConfig folder (which should be placed with my MAIN A2 folder, C:Programfiles/Bohemia/A2 folder .....Not my, MYDocuments/A2 folder...correct?).

But within my UserConfig folder, I simply scroll down to..."asr_ai_sys_aiskill_sets =" and put the following

/* 0 (perfect) */ ["SEAL1","SEAL2","SEAL3"] ["aimingAccuracy",[1.00,0.00],"aimingShake",[1.00,0.00],"aimingSpeed",[1.00,0.00],"spotDistance",[1.00,0.00],"spotTime",[1.00,0.00],"general",[1.00,0.00]],

Do I have it correct? Thanks again.

Negative, asr_ai_sys_aiskill_sets defines the skill levels 0 to 10 while the mod automatically assigns these levels for each unit type. Then you have the asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units config where you can override these default level assignments. Check my example. You need to input class names from the addon config, not variables (perhaps not a bad idea to support this in the future though).

In your case, all Tier1 units inherit from the Delta units so they are level 1. If you want to make them level 0, you can modify userconfig like this:

/* 0 (perfect) */ ["ftmch_tier1op_base"],
/* 1 (sf 1)    */ ["sf_18d","sf_18c","sf_18z","sf_18b","sf_18e","sf_18a"],
/* 2 (sf 2)    */ ["ibr_mutant"],
/* 3 (reg 1)   */ ["bink_usmc_tl","bink_usmc_sl","bink_usmc_dmr","bink_usmc_scout","bink_usmc_scout_l","bink_usmc_tl_des","bink_usmc_sl_des","bink_usmc_dmr_des","bink_usmc_scout_des","bink_usmc_scout_l_des","rb_teamleader"],
/* 4 (reg 2)   */ ["ibr_bodyguard"],
/* 5 (ins 1)   */ ["ibr_arl_officer","ibr_arl_sniper","ibr_arl_sab"],
/* 6 (ins 2)   */ ["ibr_rebel11","ibr_rebel83","ibr_rebel111","ibr_rebel125","ibr_rebel132","ibr_rebel145","ibr_rebel151","ibr_arl_rif","ibr_arl_rif2","ibr_arl_mg","ibr_arl_ar","ibr_arl_at","ibr_arl_aa","ibr_arl_crew","ibr_arl_medic","ibr_drg_man1"],
/* 7 (civ)     */ ["ibr_arl_stoner1"],
/* 8 (pilot 1) */ [],
/* 9 (pilot 2) */ ["ibr_arl_pilot"],
/* 10 (sniper) */ []
];

Or for a mission:

asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units set [0, (asr_ai_sys_aiskill_levels_units select 0) + ["ftmch_tier1op_base"]];

All Tier1 unit classes inherit from ftmch_tier1op_base class so they will become level 0.

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Just curious -if the enemy AI definitively see you enter a specific house - will they or can they know to search/enter that exact house or is it somewhat random?

No, it's very simple, they just check the closest building sometimes. What they do when they see you enter a house is up to the engine. I'll upload a new version with a lot better code for this feature.

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Uploaded 1.12.1 | 07 DEC 2011

Improved house searching feature. Send only up to 3 men to search, less to small buildings, never the group leader.

8V4VGDQGiOs

Video isn't too great, made it just to verify the feature works. Looks better when you see the enemy do it in actual play :)

Edited by Robalo

TY! :)

Couldn´t even try the prior Version due to making System Backups. Will give it a try after that with a quick Flashpoint Mission, and reporting in. :)

These are great updates, this 1.60 final / JSRS 1.4 ... Christmas presents :)

BTW I notice in that video most never crouched in buildings, is that a drawback of building search (IE: danger mode stop / run whole crouch etc) .. or was that just the timing when video was recorded but it does happen?