AI radio net: is it possible that friendly AI could mark the map of known enemies position with a temporary marker?

Sorry, but that's beyond the scope of this addon. Plus I'm one who always disables those magic map markers in the difficulty settings (Map = 0).

Also about the new recommended settings.

0.4 precision for veteran? Am I missing something important here because currently I have friendly precision set to 0.75 and skill to 0.85, while in the mission itself they have the skill slider all to 1.0 - and yet I still manage to get 20 frags while they do 3-4.

See last changelog entries, accuracy was tweaked. But it's a matter of preference, also depends on other mods involved in your mix. I should say recommended in combination with ACE, as that's what I always play.

Checking several times a second! Doesn't sound very realistic and sounds quite CPU intensive, particularly with large numbers of AI.

Don't get me wrong, I love your just trying to improve it!

You missed the key words "player's AI". The checks are less frequent by default, for performance reasons.

How do I, for example, I dont want to use the AI skills (I want to use BIS default AI) but I want to have the AI rearming while playing?

Is it as simple as removing the desired pbo, or I can disable something in the userconfig file?

You can disable scripted features in userconfig. The mod's config tweaks can't be disabled (except by removing the pbo) but have a minimal impact.

Sorry, but that's beyond the scope of this addon. Plus I'm one who always disables those magic map markers in the difficulty settings (Map = 0).

Ahh ok, no worries... actually i disable them also as i dont like the in game system, thats why i asked, i thought marking an area with a temporary military symbol of known enemy presence would be a fair work around.

Hey Robalo,

I have been trying to integrate ASR_AI and ZEUS_AI to get the best out of them. Which .pbo would you recommend dropping for Zeus to make this the best combination?

Keep up the good work mate. Very impressive.

Hey Robalo,

I have been trying to integrate ASR_AI and ZEUS_AI to get the best out of them. Which .pbo would you recommend dropping for Zeus to make this the best combination?

Keep up the good work mate. Very impressive.

I did not experiment with this, but the only things I'd try to combine this with from Zeus are sys_AI and FindCover.

AI radio net: is it possible that friendly AI could mark the map of known enemies position with a temporary marker?

To be honest that is exactly what the in-game difficulty option does - marks enemies and friendlies where AI in your group thinks they are. Those markers actually show you what you would have been able to see if you were an AI unit. The fact people (myself included) refer to them as "cheat markers" only shows you how "awesome" and "realistic" AI detection is :P

See last changelog entries, accuracy was tweaked. But it's a matter of preference, also depends on other mods involved in your mix. I should say recommended in combination with ACE, as that's what I always play.

Hmmm... I always play with ACE too...

I did not experiment with this, but the only things I'd try to combine this with from Zeus are sys_AI and FindCover.

sys_AI has a problem with AI tanks and APCs trying to find cover in the middle of a combat which they shouldn't do - with heavier front armor and all - because while doing so they often turn their back at enemy tanks and it ends badly. It also has the problem with AI AT gunners taking eternity to blast away the enemy vehicle - they are slow enough to do this as it is. AI also sometimes ignores HOLD waypoint if they spot an enemy (not even engage)

So FindCover.pbo is the only one I use.

Ummm I may try this seeing as Zues AI seems to have been abandoned.

To be honest that is exactly what the in-game difficulty option does - marks enemies and friendlies where AI in your group thinks they are. Those markers actually show you what you would have been able to see if you were an AI unit. The fact people (myself included) refer to them as "cheat markers" only shows you how "awesome" and "realistic" AI detection is :P

To be fair to this system, it only shows where the AI believe the items are on the map. Or where they were last seen.

Regarding the front armour of tanks, I rarely see them orientating the tank to take full advantage of that armour. Even talking of that, do we actually have different values of armour depending on front/back/side?

I basically used all of Zeus_AI together with ASR_AI and I found it awesome in Fallujah. There was a few occassions (granted there were heavy casualties on each side) where the AI lined up in cover and didn't move for a while - but I'm not sure if they were getting their morale back :) If we could lower that extended wait then these 2 mods together are great!

The amount of grenades and smoke thrown were just superb.

Hello, will this mod override skill slider setting in the mission editor?

Already answered to that one, I hope.

I like the idea of the sniper class being *really* good shots, as they should be :)

I like the idea of the sniper class being *really* good shots, as they should be :)

True, but not supermen.

I got dropped dead in my tracks from a distance, a 'one shot one kill' head/heart shot while I was running. To me that might be a little TOO good.

And it wasn't just a lucky shot. Others have experienced this amazing marksmanship as well.

They're not super accurate unless you make them that way in your difficulty settings or userconfig.

It have always been a problem where a mod would try give realistic/reasonable accuracy values but those would only work as intended with a given difficulty setting... IMO skill of "1" should be a "as good as humans" or at least "as good as RL humans", and anything less should only be to make stuff easier for people who have a hard time...

If you choose to tune things differently, you might want to specifically list how you tuned things so people who want "realistic" AI will know what settings they need to use. Though again tuning it to "1" means that everyone who don't touch the settings and simply use expert difficulty will have things tuned correctly.

It's hard to define "as good as humans". For example, if I like them at 0.4 and set them to behave like that at 1, then metalcraze will find them too easy to go against :)

It's better to allow tweaking both ways IMO.

Edited by Robalo_AS

As long as people actually know around what to tweak, and as long as a skill of "1" is not some "omgcrazy ak47 sniper at 600m".

Hi!

After a little test, I found that AIs while try to find ammo around them instead of their own backpacks.

If there is no ammo around, they will want a long time before they start to take ammo from their own backpacks. And if enemy attack them before they scarch their backpacks, they will dead with empty guns and backpacks full of ammo.

Is there any way to speed up their process or make scarching backpack a higher priority?

I'm using ASR_AI 1.7

Hi!

After a little test, I found that AIs while try to find ammo around them instead of their own backpacks.

If there is no ammo around, they will want a long time before they start to take ammo from their own backpacks. And if enemy attack them before they scarch their backpacks, they will dead with empty guns and backpacks full of ammo.

Is there any way to speed up their process or make scarching backpack a higher priority?

I'm using ASR_AI 1.7

Are you sure about this ? His own backpack should be the first to check, otherwise it's a bug. I'll take a look at it.

Are you sure about this ? His own backpack should be the first to check, otherwise it's a bug. I'll take a look at it.

While AIs are in player's group, they will check their backpack first.

But while AIs are not in player's group, they will scarch for ammobox first.

And if there is no ammobox around, they will check their backpack-------after a very long time.

During this process, AIs have no ability to fight back.

@Galzohar; the issue rather is that skill is but a small part of the equation.

There's a number of individual skills, but more importantly, accuracy (and skill) settings in the Difficulty section of your arma2oa profile (also for dedicated servers).

So there is individual unit skill, skill in profile, config accuracy settings, accuracy in profile, etc etc.

I guess one can adjust for the default of such settings, but plenty of variables are still dependent on Mission and Server settings.

The AI not in player's group does "full" inventory checks less often because they're resource expensive. They do some basic checks a bit more often, that's why they might ignore the mags in their packs and go for a new weapon instead.

I will move checking primary weapon mags into the basic checks to fix this, hopefully it won't add too much overhead (will need to observe this).

About the skills, I'm running some tests hoping to better clarify the relation between the difficulty settings, cfgaiskill config class, editor skill slider and scripted setskill. Some former beliefs were already overthrown after my initial testing, so expect the mod and it's documentation to change a bit :)

It's hard to define "as good as humans". For example, if I like them at 0.4 and set them to behave like that at 1, then metalcraze will find them too easy to go against :)

It's better to allow tweaking both ways IMO.

I generally like any activity that makes AI unpredictable, without them becoming idiots. That's to say, most often I see human players act illogically, wrongly, mistakenly etc. A lot is made of the high functionalities of "human-like" AI, but really, more illogic is generally what AI needs ;)

In small doses natch.

Just thought I would chime in to say great work and updates & ongoing things. I pretty much use this along side ace now only, use veterine skill and use the values mentioned in this thread which work well.

I have a simple 2 man mission taking down random patrols and had some nice flanking taking place. What seemed to be a 3-4 man squad turned out to be only 2 men patrol (they were random in sets of 2 or 3 or 4). Just 2 v 2 with one not Ai (me) in close quarters off the side of a forest lasted about 3 mins, due to getting visual, then silence, then realising I had been flanked, it was only after nothing else occurred and I made a move into the open I realised it was only 2 AI :)

Good things all round esp re arming combined.

About the skills, I'm running some tests hoping to better clarify the relation between the difficulty settings, cfgaiskill config class, editor skill slider and scripted setskill. Some former beliefs were already overthrown after my initial testing, so expect the mod and it's documentation to change a bit :)

This would certainly be very valuable for me to be able to see the precise differences in terms of what each setting actually affects. Thanks. :)