Sign in to follow this  
Walker001

UNA Targets - Realistict target board script

UNA Targets v0.90 - Realistict target board (script):

scoreboard2.jpg

Description:

This script simulates a realistic 0 to 10 score target board. The target records your hits and calculates your score.

Features:

- Working 0 to 10 score target board. For example if you hit a 9 this score will be saved to the target board. The scores can be checked after your shooting session.

- In default mode you wont get any instant feedback about your score, like it is in real life. After your shooting session you have to walk close to the target board itself in order to check your score. The mission designer has how ever the possibility to assign the check score action also to a different object, so the players would not be forced to always run to the target after each shooting sessions.

- Works with all rifles and pistols.

- MP compatibility, with this script you will be able to compete at the target range with your friends online.

- This is a script not an addon. At the moment is only vanilla Arma 2 or OA required. (Thx to Bier AIG Razor)

- Easy installation and setup, launch the script with a single command

- Example missions included.

How does it work:

The target is constantly checking if somebody has shot on it. Once a hit on the target has been recognized, the world position of the hit is converted into a coordinate on the board, where the origi [0,0] is number 10 on the board. The coordinate from each hit is recorded into a table. When somebody wants to check the score the coordinates of each hit is calculated into scores which is displayed to the player. When somebody clears the target, the table with the targets recorded hits will be cleared.

Quick installation:

1. Extract una_targets folder into your mission folder.

2. Place object "WarfareBunkerSign" on the map. You find it in the editor at Warfare-buildings->Sign.

3. Put following on the init line of the object:

nul = [this] execVM "una_targets\init_target.sqf";

4. If you want to create several targets just copy the first one and you are done. If you have problems please check the example missions for further instuctions.

Editor syntax:

[target,monitor,target_name] execVM "una_targets\init_target.sqf";

target (required) - name of the target, the target needs to be editor object "WarfareBunkerSign" [object]

monitor (optional) - name of an other object from where the player can inspect and clear the target score. [object]

target_name (optional) - assigned name by mission designer. Will be visible in the GUI. Default name is "target". [string]

Known issues:

- SP, no known issues in SP. The targets has been tested and works fine up to over 1000m.

- MP, hits on the target will not be registers for clients further away than ca 100m from the target except for the shooter himself. Due to this the score can be shown differently or not at all for players at further distances.

- MP, if you clear several targets at the same time (within 0.1 second) it might be that some target was not cleared for all players.

Example missions:

una_targets_demo1.utes

- demonstrates how to easily setup the targets.

una_targets_demo2.Desert_E

- demonstrates how to setup the mission so the player can inspect their score from where they shoot.

Version History:

v0.9

- Clear script hotfix by [COMBAT]Geo

- New parameter, _monitor, allows the player to inspect the score from a different object than the target.

- New parameter, _target_name, allows the mission designer to assign names to the target that will be visible in the GUI.

- GUI updated.

- New example mission for OA.

v0.8

- Initial public release

Credits:

- Walker001

Special thanx to:

- Bohemia Interactive for their great games

- UNA for supporting and testing and feedback during development

- C5 clan for additional testing and feedback

- Other community members supporting the project

Download v0.9:

Armaholic Mirror

UNA Mirror

Youtube movie (v0.8):

wfKJR5gIl8g

Edited by Walker001
Updated to v0.9

Working really well!

While I do like how manual it is, are there any plans for an electronic range with hit indicator and timer?

Edited by sparks50

While I do like how manual it is, are there any plans for a electronic range with hit indicator and timer?

Maybe... :)

Been waiting for this since you posted on discussion, will be incorporating it into our training I hope :).

I am getting an sqf error?? The una_targets folder into your mission folder my oa and I place the object on my desert map in the editor. Then add the warfare building sign then add the init as noted bt when previewing my mission it gives a error about cannot locate the init_target.sqf ?

I am getting an sqf error?? The una_targets folder into your mission folder my oa and I place the object on my desert map in the editor. Then add the warfare building sign then add the init as noted bt when previewing my mission it gives a error about cannot locate the init_target.sqf ?

Make sure you gave put the una_targets folder into the folder of your current mission (not for example ArmA 2\missions). This folder you find in "My Documents", for example C:\Documents And Settings\Username\ArmA\Missions\your_mission.Desert_E.

Thank you very much! Excellent script! Just for the needs of my squad. We practice realistic combat and training and your script will definitely be included.

One more thing which is needed badly, is the same thing, but with a human target, like those in America's Army. It's subdivided in arm, center of mass, head etc. sectors. It would be fantastic to have the same script, but when you come close and check results it will say: You hit: left arm, torso, center of mass, head... I believe the same scripting will do but we need to develop a system which detects certain coordinates as body parts...

It's not working for me...the first time i took the sqf's out of the folder..but i fixed it..so the init is working...but when i'm standing in front of the target i have no option..neither in mousemenue nor in ace interact menue....perhaps one of my mods has some problems with that..i don't know...

If have got ArmA2 Vanilla with aprox 20mods...the major ones are : ACE, RH-Weaponpacks, SLX-Mod, CAA1 and Dessert Mercs.

Perhaps one of these is causing the problem.

Edited by WoR|Black-Eagle

Amazing Stuff, now I can start a shooting competition with my friends online. Combine it with ACE shoot range card, really interesting. Thanks Walk001.

By the way, I hope you could make the bullet hole more clearer.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

If have got ArmA2 Vanilla with aprox 20mods...the major ones are : ACE, RH-Weaponpacks, SLX-Mod,

If u test sth, test it without mods.

Nice release!

Could become an initial mission at the beginning of a campaign!

I hope you could make the bullet hole more clearer.

+1 on that.

really great stuff :)

Can you make a target without the center in black? because I cant see the aim of the iron sight or whatever its called :s

EDIT: NVM otherwise you cant see the center anyway at that distance. I like the mod!

Edited by SpetS15

hm, after 'clear score' its don't work anymore :pet5:

Edited by cj187

something wrong with me when i use this script

I put the folder into d:\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\xxx\missions,win XP

when I preview shows that cannot find "una_targets\init_target.sqf".

something wrong with me when i use this script

I put the folder into d:\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\xxx\missions,win XP

when I preview shows that cannot find "una_targets\init_target.sqf".

You need to first save the mission in your editor so it will create a mission folder for you.

Example:

d:\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\xxx\missions\my_target_mission.utes\

This is where you should put the una_targets folder.

Great work mate, easy to implement, and fun to use.

Gonna have some long days on the range from now on. Who's up for shooting camp? :-D

Cheers!