Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Horrible

List of "Armed Assault 1" addons that work in "ArmA II" as well

Guys, can someone have a quick look into the VFS-1 Valkyrie addon here:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=1138

It works perfectly in ArmA II, expect as soon as it lifts of it changes into "Mech Mode" (or "VTOL Mode" if you take the F-35 as a reference) and wont change back.

I checked the config, I extracted the MLOD to search for missaligned LODs, but Im not able to find the fucking error:mad:

Im 100% sure its some simple shit I just overlooked, the definiton at which speed the craft changes or something like that, it would be really appreciated if someone of you could double check it. Because this addon is high-quality, and we have too few SciFi-addons in ArmA, so it would be a real shame if we couldnt figure this out.

Same here, I have it working in Arma 2 but can't figure out how to keep it from changing. I noticed that when Autoland is on at the same time as auto hover it converts back to fighter mode, but once autoland is disengaged it goes back to Gerwalk mode. It is probably something simple to script or change but I am a dolt when it comes getting into the guts of a PBO and making it work.

If someone figures this out can you post back here? You will be made an honorary captain of the SDF-1 by some grateful gamers:)

Same here, I have it working in Arma 2 but can't figure out how to keep it from changing. I noticed that when Autoland is on at the same time as auto hover it converts back to fighter mode, but once autoland is disengaged it goes back to Gerwalk mode. It is probably something simple to script or change but I am a dolt when it comes getting into the guts of a PBO and making it work.

If someone figures this out can you post back here? You will be made an honorary captain of the SDF-1 by some grateful gamers:)

A scaled down version of the SDF-1 in Arma would be interesting or some of the other veritechs being made for arma, with a working Battloid mode.. I wanna Daedulus attack. :yay:

Chernarus with a crashed SDF-1 laying across the island!

Awesome ^^

Where is our white knight with arma-addon skills to save our Veritech?

Exellent news guys! I have been in contact with the original maker of the VF-1 from Arma and he has just notified me that he is beginning work on a full Arma 2 conversion. This is what Ghost. had to say on through PM on armedassault.info:

{Hello,

I already have the "BI Editing Tools" for ArmA2 and the last version of Kegetys tools. Looking the readme about BI tools, I wonder if my mod, made with the previous version, will be compatible with the new one... I'll see...

If you want, you can make an simple announcement that I'm back to work (Official announcement will be made on this site).

Currently I can't tell you a release date. Not before having done a first try under ArmA2. But I already know how to spend my time until I have the game}

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Woohoo! :partytime:

Glad to hear the Vf-1s is gonna be fixed for ArmA 2. We seriously don't have enough high quality sci-fi addons to play around with. At least not compared to OFP.

We need to try and get a lot more stuff like this going.

^_^,v,,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We gotta try and get the Stargate, Star Wars and Star Trek stuff out there and maybe update the Space Invaders Mod.

Edited by kage74

Just so you know, there is an entire stargate mod with ships, an island, and ton of infantry/characters released, they just wont allow mirrors right now. IIRC they are currently working on an updated stargate and stargate system. (DHD and everything)

Just so you know, there is an entire stargate mod with ships, an island, and ton of infantry/characters released, they just wont allow mirrors right now. IIRC they are currently working on an updated stargate and stargate system. (DHD and everything)

It is funny you mention that. I just finished a video using some of the stargate units:

Woohoo! We need more top quality sci-fi addons like

one. I love the music in that video.

^_^,v,,

Edited by kage74

Hello guys,

It seems to have more fans of my work here :)

As Dcal said, I'm currently a little busy. There is more things to do on my Macross mod, but you can see how it looks

Ghost.

Dude! I love your Valkyrie! I am so looking forward to seeing it fully operational in ArmA 2. That video from ArmA 1 gives me goosebumps.

=^.^=,,,

Hello guys,

As Dcal said, I'm currently a little busy. There is more things to do on my Macross mod, but you can see how it looks

Ghost.

Oh dear god yes! That is just spectacular!

It's to bad about the arma engines limitations, would be sweet to be able to aim with just the arm in G mode. :)

Hello guys,

Ghost.

I still think youre Valkyrie is the single most impressing addon for ArmA. The combination of clean smooth textures, a very high quality model, and of course the astonishing scripts make it a real masterpiece.

Thank you so much for porting it to ArmA I. Only question I have, will the be a version without the giant cannon on the back? I like the elegant look of the normal Valkyrie, and while the "brutish" look of that cannon has something to it, I still would like to see the normal one.

Outstanding work Ghost.! Things are looking great and the sounds are amazing too. Really looking forward to flying it.:)

I still think youre Valkyrie is the single most impressing addon for ArmA. The combination of clean smooth textures, a very high quality model, and of course the astonishing scripts make it a real masterpiece.

Thank you so much for porting it to ArmA I. Only question I have, will the be a version without the giant cannon on the back? I like the elegant look of the normal Valkyrie, and while the "brutish" look of that cannon has something to it, I still would like to see the normal one.

Didn't read the youtube vid description did you?

"The 3D model will not be modified. So no needs to ask me about a version without space module ;)"