Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Horrible

List of "Armed Assault 1" addons that work in "ArmA II" as well

Hey guys, so I e-mailed both authors of the MIG-15. One is active on Flashpoint.ru but for some reason I cant send a PM :sad: Here is what I wrote:

Title: Your Mig-15 for ArmA 1

Hi Volksturm-45,

I don't know if to write in English or Russian, anyway I would like to ask permission to convert your MiG-15 for ArmA 1 in to ArmA 2 (http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=680)

Basically we started a thread about addons from ArmA 1 that work in ArmA 2 on the BIS forums (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107394) but the engine has no sound, guns have no sounds and flaps don't work so the config needs to be updated, thats all.

We will not take any credit for the addon and we will release it under your name. We really like it and because there is no other addon like it we think that it would be a shame to let is disappear from the community.

Please give us permission.

Regards,

Martin

Waiting for a reply now. if anyone has an account on flashpoint.ru please try to PM Volksturm-45. So cross your fingers that we get permission :tongue:

Where does that Robotech fighter thing show up in the editor? I keep getting an error "needs 1.08 to run"...

Hi, I have a problem with the VFS1 Valkyrie : I can't switch to Fighter mode when I'm in Gerwalk mode. Can someone help please ?

Hi, I have a problem with the VFS1 Valkyrie : I can't switch to Fighter mode when I'm in Gerwalk mode. Can someone help please ?

I'm guessing that it's b/c it doesnt support A2 in the confguing

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5131&highlight=MBG

MBG Islandobjects works fine with no errors or missing textures if you run Sharani along with it. If you don't use Sharani then you will get missing textures on all the placeable ground texture stuff. You will also get missing textures on the tunnel and bunker object. The hanger, Lookout tower, street signs, air terminal and control tower are fine.

I wish these 2 awesome ALIEN/UFO packs were fully ported. All the vehicles still work for both, just not the aliens :(

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=777

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=927

You have to remove both zabrak pbo's to get the big ship pack to work at all.

I got the MIG15 working fine ingame now. Also has ACE ejection seat and flares. Any luck getting permission from original maker?

I got the MIG15 working fine ingame now. Also has ACE ejection seat and flares. Any luck getting permission from original maker?

None so far. Wait another week or so, and then release it with a quick message "This is the MIG-15 Bdfy and Volksturm, I made it work in ArmA II as well".

No one should find that offensive.

Any luck getting permission from original maker?

EDIT: I got a response from bdfy! We got the all clear to release it (we can release it), he wants me to send him the link to the topic when its released :yay:

Don't forget to post the link here too so we can find it.

His message:

ЗдравÑтвуйте, Martin.

Ð’Ñ‹ пиÑали 17 ÑентÑÐ±Ñ€Ñ 2010 г., 19:08:21:

i bet you have alredy all the work done :D

you got my permission - where i have to sign ? :)

send me link to a release topic once work is done ;)

Edited by -Martin-

Cool beans. I will finish testing it and post a link. I would like a real addon maker to look over the config if they can because I know it still needs work.

Cool beans. I will finish testing it and post a link. I would like a real addon maker to look over the config if they can because I know it still needs work.

I can look over it, send me .pbo trough PM, did you manage to get the flaps working? Because I tested the addon in ArmA 1 and they don't work there too. Might have to ask the author for the mlod and make some selections, but we will see :wink_o:

I wish these 2 awesome ALIEN/UFO packs were fully ported. All the vehicles still work for both, just not the aliens :(

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=777

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=927

You have to remove both zabrak pbo's to get the big ship pack to work at all.

Wow thats Cool! Can somebody fix it for Arma II+OA? That wold be awesome!!!

Thanks -Martin- I will PM you when I get home from work. I have made a few more changes and will add a note to download link so you can help me out adding a few more features.

I do think now would be a good time for a Takisatni army and a PLA reskin. This can be a community made addon like that helo the MI-28. A "Real" looking pilot would also be nice instead of default helo pilots. Any takers?

Also now that this one is almost done what addon should we do next? I was thinking on the F4 Phantom or a MIG-21.

The Mig-21 is currently being worked on, I would suggest trying to make an F-4 Phantom from scratch, as Eble's is showing its age.

Also, any chance of a non-ACE dependent version?

No problem on the non ACE version. Hopefuly -Martin- can set it up so its just one addon instead of two. That part of config work is still way past my current skills.

Cool that the Mig-21 is being worked on. I just tested the OV-1 Mohawk and the OV-1C work fine also. An A-4 Skyhawk would be nice. The A-4 I tested was just missing its shadow lod.

You guys decide about whats next that would need simple work to get ingame.

The M60 tank doesn't require much, I'll try to think of others.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3081

Also, you can try sending GranQ a pm about the Be-32. It shouldn't need much work, and I can probably get wld427 to send you the files for the pack (AWACS etc.) If you get permission.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Also now that this one is almost done what addon should we do next? I was thinking on the F4 Phantom or a MIG-21.

MiG-21 are being made by RACS and for the Lingor Island mod...

The F-4 Phantom is already included by Ebel. And concerning Darkhorse comment doing it from scratch, well I think your question only relates to ArmA 1 addons that need a little config tweaking. I think there was a MiG-25 out, but Im not sure.

Oh and please NO ACE dependency! Less people use this mod then you might think. If you insist on ACE I will release mine, it has no ejection seat and no working flaps, but I also managed it to work with sound, pilot and a decent speed.

Thanks -Martin- I will PM you when I get home from work. I have made a few more changes and will add a note to download link so you can help me out adding a few more features.

I do think now would be a good time for a Takisatni army and a PLA reskin. This can be a community made addon like that helo the MI-28. A "Real" looking pilot would also be nice instead of default helo pilots. Any takers?

Ok, I'm waiting for the PM :smile:

It's all good about the ACE stuff. I will just keep that one for myself.

Stuck at work btw. I will send Mig15 out to you when I finaly get home.

I did look at the M60 before and it works fine. I already made the config change to the normal tank crew in ARMA2 a few weeks back (was gonna just fool around with it in single player maps). You can load it normal in editor with a crew. The default crew for it is the Green shirts from the LHD deck crew, it also does not have any thermal skins not that it matters. If we can get permission for that I can post a download link right away also as soon as I get to my desk top.

Almost forgot I redid an F117 that had no problems also (except had to change pilot).

Almost forgot I redid an F117 that had no problems also (except had to change pilot).

There is already an ArmA II version of it :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8266

Well apart from the MiG-21 which is already being made two times, there are some more addons (the Mirages for example) which produce the "Some Input after End of file" Error. I looked into it, it seems its cause is a co-dependency to a master addon, Im just trying to get it work.

PRACS is already doing the Mirage III, not sure if anybody is doing the 2000 yet though.

Have you thought about bringing the 5 Ton trucks over? Shouldn't be hard, they were included in the sample nodels. The land rovers would be nice too... ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Stuck at work btw. I will send Mig15 out to you when I finaly get home.

Hey when will you finally get home dude? :biggrin: Can't wait to start on that Mig! :yay:

Edited by -Martin-