Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Horrible

What the **** is this **** O_o [Chat Problem]

Hoi

When ever I play online, after a while my chat wont work anymore. I type a text but no words appear, or just garbage like "&§/(&%§%§/()%$".

I never was able to figure out why, but today by coincidence I pressed ALT+TAB, and saw that all my keybord inputs where visible on some strange field, that only is visible for the short time ArmA switches from game to deskop.

Its definitly NOT an external program, it must belong to ArmA. What is this, and how can I turn it off?

Upper left corner: http://s3.directupload.net/images/100912/wfkj3rjq.jpg

Edited by Dwarden

That's really weird, sorry can't help you there :/

I mean I've come across an odd arma2 predictive text feature if I press tab or something like that, but never just random jibber jabber like you...

Btw are you running arma via steam, other download or cd?

Oh and calm it with the rude language.

Edited by SASrecon

That strange field looks like a browser field where you type in web addresses. The fact that you alt tabbed and then saw it makes it even more likely. Can you provide anymore information about what happens, or more screenshots?

or you have some malware (virus/trojan/rootkit) which has keylogger / clipboard monitor

most likely one badly written

i would look at process list and if that not help then try use some good AV or antirootkit

Nope, nothing of that sort...My PC is freshly installed, also formated, and it happened both before and after the "overhaul".

However, I remember now a thread about a similar problem, back in Armed Assault 1 times...Ill try to digg it up.

I recall my keymapping changing from Swedish (im Swedish) to English when alt-tabing in Arma2+OA (retail discs).

@Dr. Horrible: Mind your language, it will not impress anyone.

and it happened both before and after the "overhaul".

Which tells me it remained in your memory.

You are most likely infected.

or you have some malware (virus/trojan/rootkit) which has keylogger / clipboard monitor

most likely one badly written

i would look at process list and if that not help then try use some good AV or antirootkit

+1

You've got something sinister running on your machine.

Allright....As crazy as it sound, but it seems its indeed ArmA related.

I found the thread (although in german), of some guy who had the similar problem. It was in ArmA 1, whenever he played in the Editor, after a while every move he made, flashed as a letter in the corner. (WWWWW SSS DD etc.)

He told me its if you have some other application running, like a movie, and switch often between them with ALT+TAB. After a while Armed Assault produces the strange command line.

Well I did watch a movie while playing, so I think that might be it.

And no, no malware detected by Avira.

i'm running movies often together with ARMA games and i never got such problem in past years ...