Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

W.i.P. Island Cicada

Hello Folks, new work in Progress map in the works.

A Nice new Island for Landingoperations from the Sea

Infos about Island:

Island Cicada

- 10*10km Terrain

- Island itself is ca. 6*6km big

- Easteuropean architecture

- Nice Mix of Beaches and Cliffs

- Pinewoods, Green Valleys and nice green Trees

- 1 Capitol

- 3 Cities

- 6 Villiages, maybe more later

- 1 Carrier in the NO

- 1 Big Military Airport ; 1 Dirtstrip for Civilian Airtraffic

- 1 Big Military Camp

- and lots more to discover...

Pictures:

arma2oa2010-09-0802-43-39-12.jpg

arma2oa2010-09-0802-37-44-87.jpg

arma2oa2010-09-0802-35-46-51.jpg

arma2oa2010-09-0803-05-08-23.jpg

arma2oa2010-09-0803-06-52-23.jpg

More Pics -> http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/Commander1985/Island%20Cicada/?start=0

Still lots to do, but hey its making good progress^^

nice map. I suggest you keep it at 6 villages or less, I sometimes dislike maps that have thousands of villages and cities within 1km of eachother...how can you be lost when the nearest settlement is well.. 1km away :)

Thanks Guys.

Good Suggestion Fox, its really nice to drive through the island and see something different then just one town next to the other.

Looking good Commander!

An interesting and intricate terrain...

Looking at the aerial view I see three natural "zones" - left, right and centre, with nice narrow "invade/defend" chokepoints... a little reminiscent of a small Sahrani but more complex and 3-way... interesting... This could be a fun landscape for some sort of "seize zones" mission, or maybe a 3-way TVT... with limited air-capability it could be loads of fun with infantry...

I like the suggestion of not too many villages... maybe one major settlement on each major landmass, with a few outlying smaller ones... leave some room for wandering around and getting lost... gives you some space to use vegetation creatively as well...

B

Looks very good bro, keep it up! The more islands the better :smile: I think this looks great and interesting, post some more pictures if you can! Also it would be cool to have a bridge on one of the islands if it inst there already for convoy missions.

@Bushlurker: Layout is done already, 2 Big cities in middle part and 1 big in the southwest.

I thought that a big city in southeast dosnt fit well....

@Martin: there are currently 2 bridges at the center island. Doing one to the other Islands doesnt look well. However i am thinking about adding a bridge from the west landmass to the harbour that you can see in picture1 .

If you want to see more pictures take a look into the photobucket album i linked in the first post (link is below the pictures)

However progress is at a halt at the moment since i have some weird troubles with my binpbo, configs etc..

So how's it going, any new pictures? :smile: Maybe a beta, I cant wait to try it!

Hey Martin, had to fix some really annoying bugs that costet me a month of work! But everythings fince now thx to bushlurker and synide so im back at work since yesterday :)

Maybe i can show you some more in the next 1 or 2 weeks :)

Hey Martin, had to fix some really annoying bugs that costet me a month of work! But everythings fince now thx to bushlurker and synide so im back at work since yesterday :)

Maybe i can show you some more in the next 1 or 2 weeks :)

Glad to hear you can move on, we will wait for pictures patiently :wink_o:

very nice. although the forest is a bit too sparse to me, but maybe fill it up with farmlands instead. they make for good ambushes hehe

Well there are some parts with large forests. However the areas with not much trees are intended. Im still working on a city, after that i go into more details and place more bushes etc. for good cover / ambushes .Maybe i still add some trees after first MP tests on our Clan-Servers so lets just wait and see where it leads to :)

Very nice Island. The only comment I have is the Airport Control tower located next to the runway and the fuel tanks. The control tower should be moved back away from the runway and the fuel tanks in an isolated area of the airport.

Good idea about the Fuel Tanks. But where should i move the Tower instead?? Free space is kinda limited at the Mainairport, Move it to the Fueltanks position instead?!?

Thanks for your Feedback :)

Well if you could slide the hanger next to the fuel tanks over to the current fuel tanks position, you could fit the tower. Then it would look proper as you would have the admin building right across the street.