Sign in to follow this  
xman1

What copy protection does BAF have?

they neither state how many activations they consider excessive nor how many you're allotted at any given time.

also this means your product (BAF in this case) is dependent on both the Sprocket service (if bought there) and Impulse. what happens if Impulse goes down?

LOL, you make me laugh Chicken Little, you spend so much time fretting over everything that could happen to your purchase in the five years before it's thoroughly out of date that there's no way you could possibly enjoy it. Best not.

i asked the same question a while back and a member of BIS replied that they're using Impulse DRM.

the one thing that bothers me about that is the fact that online activations are apparently limited in number and Impulse does not state how many you have. instead they claim you won't have problems getting new activations if you need them, but will be denied additionals activations if you're need of them is excessive.

they neither state how many activations they consider excessive nor how many you're allotted at any given time.

also this means your product (BAF in this case) is dependent on both the Sprocket service (if bought there) and Impulse. what happens if Impulse goes down?

Well, um, lacking info about this, but from experience with Sprocket since A1 and from informations retrieved around, number of activation and future of your acquisition if the platform goes down should be non issues.

the number of permitted activations is insanely high (something like 12 for 6 months), and once BI patch the game for it to not require DVD in drive, there's no activation needed for install anymore.

Edited by whisper

LOL, you make me laugh Chicken Little, you spend so much time fretting over everything that could happen to your purchase in the five years before it's thoroughly out of date that there's no way you could possibly enjoy it. Best not.

you know, i re-install older games all the time (currently playing Baldur's Gate 2, a number of LucasArts adventures, Broken Sword 2 etc.) and they all still work without problems.

question is, will it be the same with today's games 5 or even 10 years down the line? i'm talking Anno 1404, Far Cry 2, Bioshock, Mass Effect, etc.

i simply do not like having to deal with restrictions concerning my purchase. since i have no experience with Sprocket and Impulse i looked into it, and the fact that they won't tell you how many activations you have had me worried.