Lester

ASC - Customizable Weapon Addon

This problem is known and fixed in the overhauled version, but this version was leaved unready with some small and a few large construction sites by Marco at the time he stopped his modding work for 'real live reasons' without any time limit. :butbut:

Can anyone get a hold of the mod maker for ASC Weapons? I need to ask him about getting permissions.

Edited by Cytreen

Pm lester he was on Dec 2nd, just wait til he replies.

I got permissions from him and hist team back before I released CoWarMod, so im certain you should have no issues but you def need to ask.

I got permissions from him and hist team back before I released CoWarMod, so im certain you should have no issues but you def need to ask.

Yeah i PM him just after i posted that. Not going to touch someones mod without asking them first. I have great respect for this mod community and the hard work that goes into making thies mods. I just hope i hear from him.

All im wanting is permission to make some Magazine changes so that ACE mod ammunition will function properly.

What changes did you make in your mod to ASC Weapons.

some Changes in overview

New PBO's:

ASC_M14.pbo

ASC_M14_cfg.pbo

ASC_MP7.pbo

ASC_MP7_cfg.pbo

ASC_SVD.pbo

ASC_SVD_cfg.pbo

ASC_VSS.pbo

ASC_VSS_cfg.pbo

ASC_Weapons_Core.pbo

ACOG TA-01 + TA-31 added

ACOG Reflexvisier added

Cobra Reflexvisier added

PSO-1 Visier added

NSPU Nightvision Visier added

GosHawk TWS Visier added

Silencer class ASC_Item_SD_545mm changed to ASC_Item_SD_545mm_PBS1

Silencer class ASC_Item_SD_545mm_PBS4 added

Silencer class ASC_Item_SD_545mm_PBS5 added

ASC_M14A1.pbo

M14A1 all Classnames from ASC_M14 changed to ASC_M14A1.

M14A1 ACOG TA-01 and TA-31 Version added

ASC_M4A1.pbo

M4A1 ACOG TA-01 and TA-31 Version added

M4A1 ACOG Reflex Visier added

ASC_M16A4.pbo

M16A4 ACOG TA-01 and TA-31 Version added

ASC_M240.pbo

M240 ACOG TA-01 and TA-31 Version added

ASC_M249.pbo

M249 ACOG TA-01 and TA-31 Version added

ASC_M107.pbo

M107 ACOG TA-01 and TA-31 Version added

Edited by Marco-Polo-IV

i was always wondering why the ACE team didnt introduce a feature like this into the mod^^

Hi! I think this will be useful for those who don't know how to use the mod. Try -> Fail is the best way but a bit of help is never bad :yay:

1. Install the mod by copying the folder '@ASC' provided, with 'addons' folder inside it and lots of .PBOs inside the 'addons' one into your A2 installation folder.
  2. MAKE SURE YOU GOT CBA
  3. Enter the game and go to the SP Editor. Insert an element by double clicking at any point of the map, go to 'Empty>ASC:Ammobox' and pick the All In One item.
  4. Insert a soldier (you) in front of the box.
  5. Insert enemies, vehicles...
  6. Play the map, and you're done!

excited about the update. Are you gonna add desert camo with the next release? As well if I could request handgrips, Leupold Mk4 CQ/T, S&B Shortdot, and EOTech with the 4x Magnifier sights for the M4/M16?

Edited by islesfan186

Hi,

Where can I download the update packages ASC Weapon Pack? Is there any update?

This addon is great! I had some problems to put this addon to work, not only cuz intall instructions are not very clear and partially cuz I bought the games in Steam. I've seen some ppl asking how to do it. Considering that KarmaPolice's reply help me (and so can help you), here is my reply for those with the steam version.

1.- You need the CBA addons: @CBA and @CBA_OA, if you have only 1 of those, the addon won't work.

2.- If you extract the files, the folder will be ASC, but you have to rename it as "@ASC", mod folders always need the @, or it won't work.

3.- The userconfig must be outside to the @ASC folder at the same level, so that the paths are as follow:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@ASC

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CBA

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@CBA_OA

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig

4.- Now go to the steam LIBRARY, right click on Arma 2: AO, choose PROPERTIES, a new window appears, in the GENERAL part choose SET LAUNCH OPTIONS, another window appears and enter

-nosplash -mod=@ASC;@CBA;@CBA_OA

accept, and that is all. You are ready to play the addon.

If i may add to this:

You need the CBA addons: @CBA and @CBA_OA, if you have only 1 of those, the addon won't work.

the @CBA_OA is only for Arma2OA standalone, its not needed if you have Arma2CO (OA installed into Arma2's directory).

From CBA readme

If you have a "merged" or "seperate", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II

content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you only have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA

and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

mod folders always need the @, or it won't work.

Actually the @ sign has no significance in itself as its only there to indicate that the folder you attached it to is a mod.

A mod folder in general is just a folder, one of the things that wont make a mod not work is if it doesn't have the addons

folder inside a folder labeled @mod or whatever you named it.

if the addons (pbos & bisigns) are just in the @mod folder you created and not in an addons folder then it wont work.

run CBA first.

@CBA for Arma2CO

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ASC

@CBA;@CBA_OA for OA standalone

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ASC

to get the mod to work ingame, do the following:

1. once ingame go to the editor

2. place your solder

3. go to empty under units (F1) and place the ASC: Ammobox anywhere ingame.

4. once placed go into the ammo box and choose which guns you wish to use.

Every weapon has their own particular attachments.

Also watch the Author's video, should give a better Idea on how it works.

BgJ9MA01LOU

I tried several times really. I read what you say about the CBA files, but for some reason it didnt work with only 1 CBA but both. Though I'm not sure, but I think I run CBA always at the end, so that could be my mistake, I never thought it could make a difference. About the @, I really didn't try several times, I just remembered that I read so for the Arma1 mod folder and changed in the last try (i've been using this in arma2 too), that is why I thought is was necessary. I'll test as you say to clear any doubt. Thanks for your help.

I tried several times really. I read what you say about the CBA files, but for some reason it didnt work with only 1 CBA but both.

Then you must have Arma2OA standalone, in that case you need both @CBA, and @CBA_OA if that works for you then stay with it.

but I think I run CBA always at the end, so that could be my mistake, I never thought it could make a difference.

The way i posted with -mod=@CBA first is just a load order, the game loads @CBA first with this order, as CBA has the event handlers as well as many other things,

that alot of highly scripted, and mods alike need and use.

In a way it dont matter, but preferable if you have alot of mods that it runs first, to me at least, i never had any issues any other way.

If you wanted to know more about CBA visit the official CBA thread and I'm sure Sickboy could help you out, or explain how it works,

and the best way to set it up for your mods.

Hi,

Where can I download the update packages ASC Weapon Pack? Is there any update?

Same here, would love to give this another go.

I couldn't release our well*² working testversion via myself because the weapons incl. their configs are Marco's work and i have no longer contact to Marco since Nov'11 to ask him for release permission ...

*2 - The only error seems to be the change one specific scope an one or two weapons cause a error on all clients, which can unique confirmed per Game !

... i don't think that the update would be released.

Thats annoying for me to, because the ASC_Core have become a lot of changes for the Weapons prevent me to release other (newer) things which also need the ASC_Core. :(

Forgive for not reading the entire thread, but can this be used client side only?

Forgive for not reading the entire thread, but can this be used client side only?

As it adds new content, the addon has to be loaded on the server aswell.

Hello, Voila i have several questions about this great mod.

1: Should there be a in instalation server also

2: Where find your the accesories (viewfinder, suppressed, etc. .) in the caisses is there need of special fund

3: Why this is not the accessory in the magicbox then that found the weapon

Thank you very much for your help dismayed for my English it is Google translation

ACE Team really needs to implement this. It is a must for the ArmA series.

Any new weapons coming out? Especially US pistols? M9 is good, but something like the Tac USP would be amazing to be able to silence whenever you wanted.