Lester

ASC - Customizable Weapon Addon

New version will coming out soon

glad to hear that!

IMHO it´s a very nice but unknown / underated addon.

So upon trying this mod I have found all weapons to have their zero placed way too high. guns are now very off point, at 50m a gun can be as much as 2ft off zero above their head. Removing this addon resolves this.

I've never seen this issue Kevaskous... Maybe it's a conflict with another mod you're running along with ASC?

Just tested this mod today and it has so much potential. Definitely a lot of work ahead due to engine limitations. Would be really great for the Devs to implement proxies as mentioned earlier. Also might want to consider in the future having more item modpacks for specific weapons as you do with sopmod for the m4. This way you can save on item slots. Love the fact that you can switch from flashlight to laser. I am not too sure if I like the damageable optics, but it is realistic. Also there are a few really good optic modelers out there to help out and make your custom optics really fancy. Maybe if you ask nicely they will give you some models. Anyone try the Silenced SAW? :) Keep up the good work!

Edited by Ghost

I've never seen this issue Kevaskous... Maybe it's a conflict with another mod you're running along with ASC?

I had tried with mods and without, both yielded the same affect. The only mod I left on was ACE, which i imagine a vast majority of people are using. I don't have any inclination to play without ace, so as much as I'd like to use this mod, as described above it's not a go.

This is a great mod I'd be more then happy to do more testing if you like but the only mod it could be conflicting with is ACE which is not a good thing.

definitely excited for an update to this sick addon! just curious if youve added desert camo skins? also any possibility of doing the Mk 46 or Mk 48? i dont remember which one is in the game already.

Still no word on the respawn bug? co 30 domination 2.28 west AI. A few vehicle mods, F-16, F-22, Mrap, Commanche, And RH M4/M16, RH M14, and FFAA. Whenever you die in the domination you can no longer mod the weapons with ASC. You know how u can save your kit layout at the Default ammo box? I even tried that and when i respawned I had my default kit from when i started the game. I tried everything I could think of. Maybe someone else could shed some light on it. Or maybe im a moron. Whatever. Be that as it may, awesome mod gents.

I had tried with mods and without, both yielded the same affect. The only mod I left on was ACE, which i imagine a vast majority of people are using. I don't have any inclination to play without ace, so as much as I'd like to use this mod, as described above it's not a go.

This is a great mod I'd be more then happy to do more testing if you like but the only mod it could be conflicting with is ACE which is not a good thing.

I only play with ace and my entire realism unit uses this mod(along with ace). It's in our unit's modpack. I've never heard of this issue. Have you tried completely removing, redownloading, and reinstalling the mod? Also are you sure your ASC_Settings.hpp is in the correct folder? Arma 2/userconfig/ASC/asc_settings.hpp

?

I only play with ace and my entire realism unit uses this mod(along with ace). It's in our unit's modpack. I've never heard of this issue. Have you tried completely removing, redownloading, and reinstalling the mod? Also are you sure your ASC_Settings.hpp is in the correct folder? Arma 2/userconfig/ASC/asc_settings.hpp

?

Yes I have done all of the above, sorry for the loooong reply, thread got buried.

Very nice idea! I love it! thanks!

I tip my hat to you, guys. I was working on a script that allows the user to "modify" the BIS weapons via action menu ("Attach Suppressor" etc.) when a friend sent me the link, but you guys have taken it at least 2 steps further (1. GUI, 2. Custom models). Can't wait to have a suppressed M110 TWS. :D

hey, do you guys think it is possible to change the weapons config so they are compatible with soundmods? that is the only thing I don't enjoy abou this pack, cause it is pretty awesome.

I have an issue. I'm not getting the action on my scroll menu to customize the gun. Help!!! D:

I'm not getting the action on my scroll menu to customize the gun

you dont get the action by just loading this addon and playing with vanilla-weapons.

you have to use the ASC-classes for weapons and stuff.

if you want to test it place a unit in the editor and put the following in the init -line:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addweapon "ASC_M4_SOP_AIM_Camo"; this addWeapon "ASC_Item_SD_556mm"; this addWeapon "ASC_Item_Optics_ACOG"; this addWeapon "ASC_Item_Optics_M4Handle";

a list of all ASC-classnames:

http://a.kiel.us/ASC/ASC_WP_Readme_eng.html

Any status updates here? My whole unit is anxiously awaiting the next version!

Hey there. Pretty new to the forums and to Arma 2 and Arrowhead as well. I tried Arma 2 back in the day, but my computer was not quite as good and the game was buggy, so finally dropped it in frustration. But with the new hardware and the new improved code, Combined Ops is very playable for me now, and I have become quite addicted to this game. I can only play single-player because of my satellite internet connection (rural area, no DSL), so I am intensely interested in the stuff that improves the SP game. This ASC weapons mod, I want to say, is superb. It works flawlessly, it looks fantastic, it is realistic and immersive, and it is just overall greatly heightens my pleasure in playing the game and introduces all kinds of tactical possibilities that never existed before.

Having said that I have a wish list that I would like to express here for the record, in the hopes that a beautiful mod can be perfected even further.

I had some problems early on that I think were due to a bad installation of the mod. I do have a lot of mods installed and it can be hard to know what is causing what issue. I seem to have the mod working right now by having @ASC installed, then ASC Addons, and then the ASC folder after all of that. Anyway, perhaps more detailed installation instructions can be made available, along with a point by point tutorial (doesn't need to be long and involved, just a demonstration) of how to add ASC weapons to units and to crates and vehicles. Still haven't got the crates figured out. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to replace all applicable weapons used in my game with ASC variants--unsuccessfully so far, although I followed some instructions I found. If this is possible, some pointers would be appreciated, if it is not possible, perhaps it could be made to be so.

It would be nice if ASC versions of the SCAR series of rifles could be made available. The SCARs are particularly important, since in Arrowhead, they are the default weapon of the US side.

An important note on scopes--I have seen that some people want the ASC Acog to have the newer 3d optics with the red chevron. Please do not replace the current Acog altogether, but have the plain black scope as an option. On my computer, even on plain maps with nothing going on, these new scopes lag something terrible. In combat, I have to wait five to ten seconds for my reticule to render, and then when I stop using the scope, I have to wait forever for the reticule to disappear. It makes weapons equipped with these Acogs unusable for me. The ASC Acogs do not lag on my computer at all. I wish that comparable 2d scopes could be made available for every scoped weapon until I find some way to address the lag with the 3d scopes.

In fact, I'm surprised some such Scope Performance mod doesn't already exist, but I haven't found one.

Next, it would be nice if the ASC weapons could be made compatible with all the different types of ammunition. I have found that I cannot use the tracer rounds

for the M-14 for example. I don't know how many such incompatibilities exist. Edit: Hunt IR round for M-203 GL not compatible with ASC M-203.

And speaking of the M-14, this would be my rifle of choice in just about every mission, the only drawback being no grenade launcher, however the ASC version of the M-14 is semi-automatic only, which is not realistic (kills immersion) and makes me a little wary of carrying it at very close quarters. Sure it's recoil makes it useless in full auto at any range, but up close, from the hip, you can't beat it. Please correct this. Edit: Ok, the Marine's DMR version of the M-14 is semi-automatic only. So, my mistake. However, it would be excellent to have a full auto version of the M-14 available as an ASC rifle.

I think that's about it. I hope this forum is still active and that the mod is still being expanded and fine-tuned. I consider it one of the absolutely essential mods for Arma2.

Thanks.

Here's a thought: Since all ASC optics use the picatinny rail mounting system just like in real life, why not make all optics that use the PR mountable on all weapons that have the PR? I know there is a game balance side to this, but in real life, I can mount a thermal sight on an M-4, so why not in Arma CO? Isn't realism the whole point? I know there might be scope zeroing issues, but can't scopes be made compatible with the ACE sight adjustment feature? Anyway, game limitation? Too much work? Why not?

EDIT: Maybe a bug report, or maybe someone can identify what the issue is with my install--when using the ASC M-107 sniper rifle, there is a thick black circle and sometimes double reticule superimposed over any optic mounted on the rifle that is not a sniper scope like the Leupold or the Vary X (which have the black circle as part of their graphic). Have this problem with the Acog, the AIM--everything. I can make it go away by clicking in and out of the scope, but it's a pain.

This problem was caused by an addon I had enabled as part of the A2WARMOD--3d scopes pbo. Hopefully that was causing some of my scope lag as well.

No it wasn't. I have disbled that mod and the problem remains--it just goes away briefly. The problem is, I think only with the M107. But if you use the M107, the problem spreads to other weapons.

FIXED: This, the graphics problem and the lag, was caused by enabling the ACE Reticle System in the ACE clientside user config. Disabling it removes both problems.

Guess no one is following this thread, but in the interest of improving the mod, if anyone is doing so, I'll continue to list any bug I find. And I have found a real Bug--the 7.62 Beta C mags in the ASC mod weigh the same as a normal 20rnd magazine, .6 kg.

Edited by nodlew

Sorry, i have to say that it seems Marco finally lost his motivation for this project and ArmA !

I've hoped that it would be only a small pause phase depends on real life etc. , but he left the work of the overhauled version since a lot of weeks now. :(

I'm allready playing with ArmA2 and modding too, but as i've said, the customizeable weapons are Marco's project, my part was only on scripting and the dialog for them.

... :(

How close was he to finishing the new version? Can we beg him to just release what he already had done?

He have changes to much and at to many places/pbo's so i've couldn't measure it, sorry !

hello i love this mod but i found in some weap(uzi, m249,bizon etc) a bug when entering in aim mode without any scope,problem is in the animation(not big issue but annoying),and real problem is im unable to zoom.hope this can help and the awaited updates are ready ;)