Lester

ASC - Customizable Weapon Addon

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know I signed up on the forums JUST to say thanks for this AMAZING mod and let you know you guys rock! Hope you keep working on it for a long time and good luck. Ill keep posted.

Sorry MacScottie,

but your links aren't reachable, but the links in your older post above work fine and also in HD

I've linked them in the first post ! :cool:

Ah cool. The links were all the same. I don't know why they're broken in the second post.

About the use of ACE ammo

It's a little complicated because this would force us to require the ACE mod or build an extra PBO that bring this in.

A lag of time does the rest, Marco need a lot of weeks to do most important real live things and his time is actually also very limited.

Most of the work have been done, but it have to be finished !

It was just a question. I don't know how hard it would be so I don't really expect it to happen. One of my unit members told me it would be easy to just make them accept certain ammo types.

About the Forgrips

I'm not so extreme weapon enthuastic like Marco and/or you ;)

And i don't understand what is your exact thinking about the Foregrips, do you only want to see them only in the models or to customize them ?

Customize them produce a large amount of new models and of cause more work which can be done by Marco.

Customize additional things would multiply the model count to much, here BIS have to build some things in the engine before we can talk about more.

(e.g. like proxys for the different weapon parts can be set via config class)

I'll show you what the problem is...

So essentially anyone using ace will always see the M4s being held as if they had a foregrip. Again, I know that making the mod compatable with ACE isn't your intention and it was only a question. Not a big deal at all. I know it would be a lot of work for you guys to add customizable foregrips in for the M4s. Would it be possible to make an ace compatable version where ALL the ASC M4s have a permanent foregrip? Seems like a lot of work to me. I'd probably say no if it were my mod :p

What soundmod are you using?

JSRS. You're the 4th person to ask me that :p

p.s. Lester I would recommend using my original video as your demo video in your original post. This one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgJ9M...=youtube_gdata

I just posted the new vids to show you how much use your mod is getting :)

Edited by MacScottie

@MacScotti

Foregrip error with ACE-Mod will be fixed in the upcoming version.

ACE M203 ammo will be added

regreetz

Marco

Might want to think about adding optional PBOs for the RH weapon packs. Those have tons of different weapon configs and any person wanting the most out of this mod would certainly download those.

Any chance we may get to be able to add/remove foregrips/bipods in the future?

@tyrantkyng

About the Forgrips

I'm not so extreme weapon enthuastic like Marco and/or you ;)

And i don't understand what is your exact thinking about the Foregrips, do you only want to see them only in the models or to customize them ?

Customize them produce a large amount of new models and of cause more work which can be done by Marco.

Customize additional things would multiply the model count to much, here BIS have to build some things in the engine before we can talk about more.

(e.g. like proxys for the different weapon parts can be set via config class)

i think this says all

regreetz

Marco

I understand the additional attachments would add more models, Ex:

Right now you got scopes/silencer/barrel attachments and adding another attachment would like a new aimpoint/silencer/bipod model, acog/silencer/foregrip model, iron sights/silencer/bipod model, etc.

But I know 95% of the people here would download a 1GB weapon addon to be able to customize their favorite weapons however they want.

I also understand its A LOT more work, but adding 3 new models and customization options every release for x amount of time would add infinite possibilities until ultimately you no longer want to work on the mod.

this is amazing. Thanks for the work.

Would love to see RH work to work with this and also ACE.

This woudl ROCK if it was in ACE.

Thanks team for a fantastic bit of modding and work.

This woudl ROCK if it was in ACE.

Thanks team for a fantastic bit of modding and work.

Ditto

I got everything working besides the flashlight/laser. I press L (which I have set as my button to activate it) and nothing happens except a little icon in the upper-right hand corner.

I got everything working besides the flashlight/laser. I press L (which I have set as my button to activate it) and nothing happens except a little icon in the upper-right hand corner.

You're doing it at night, yeah?

Hi,

just a little mail for say very nice addon and idea, i test it and all is ok, flashlight work well, i begin a mission and i wait ak, colt 1911 and FAP.

I hope you ll continue your work.

9c768566-6b3f-4878-b2d8-6cbd2aea1e02.jpg

Hello guyz..awesome potential on this mod.

Me and 1 friend we discovered a problem in G36 (A or K or both) when we tried to

attach a silencer.

Silencer attached nicely-but the .paa (of 4x integrated optics) seems missing afterward.

*expl. We got the "zoom"-but Not the reticle .

Can you check this plz?

I just tried, it's ok here, but flashlight doesn't attach and acog too.

EDIT : No i ll try tomorrow.

Edited by Dalia

I just tried, it's ok here, but flashlight doesn't attach and acog too.

Have you tried the O.A G36's with "dual" optics 1X /4X? (look for the Camo G36's)

So i try all but i cannot use silencer with g36 A K C. So i can't do like you.

Hey guys will you be re-enabling iron sight zoom with the update? Currently any weapon with only ironsights on doesn't have the zoom feature when you right click to hold breath(or whatever your zoom button is). Or did you remove it purposefully?

Found bug,

When i take m4a1 on table, if i take a glock17 whi is on table too, the m4a1 disappear,i lose it. Not all the time, sometimes.

I understand it give a option to change the function of a weapon but in the 2 video demo as the player can drag out the LAW from the menu and put back the LAW inside the menu? I mean this mod is it something like backpack with the option to change it?

@Marco

Yea i know i need to go to the ammobox but is it every map i try will see the ASC weapon on the ammobox or only some map?

And also i wanna to know i installed the mod in but i worry i do it wrongly, I simple created the @ASC folder and put all the file inside, am i correct doing it? Confirm answer would be appreciate.. (E.g example mission,key and replacement folder)

Am I right in thinking that this only works with ASC weapon crates?

i.e. unless the mission has been edited to included these ASC crates then players will not be able to benefit from these weapon customisations?

@ Domokun

Thank for the answer, That the answer I'm waiting and how i know the map is added this ASC crate? I wish it will create automatic in the mission but i doubt it is " no can do"..

Anyway still a good idea mod to have in my game but still wating for update see what the outcome will be..

@iicecube

install ASC:

Folder Name = ASC not @ASC

install CBA

copy UserConfig Folder in ArmA2 Rootfolder

if you want the units should have the ASC-Weapons and ammoboxes are have ASC-Weapons at start the game, copy the *.pbos from replacement-folder into ASC/Addons folder

keyfolder only needed for Server

regreetz

Marco