Lester

ASC - Customizable Weapon Addon

Hey Lester, a couple of questions/comments.

Will you update the optic reticles to the OA reticles? The aimpoint dot is HUGE in the aimpoint and the ACOG reticle is still the black lines from ArmA 2 instead of the red chevron.

Will you update the optic reticles to the OA reticles? The aimpoint dot is HUGE in the aimpoint and the ACOG reticle is still the black lines from ArmA 2 instead of the red chevron.
First i have to say that whole modeling and config work of all the weapons of this project are made by Marco-Polo-IV !

I'm only write this thread/news, do the scripting work, some graphics, the dialog and of cause some mechanism parts are conceived by myself. ;)

But back to your question ...

a little fairy told me a view days before that Marco-Polo-IV is back in his workshop and do some things amongst others like that. :cool:

Hey Lester, a couple of questions/comments.

I will add the TA-01 NSN and TA-31 ACOG in the next version from WP

regreetz

Marco

need!

please stay at it, it's great, features like this should be implemented in the standard gameplay...

Hey guys, does the server have to be running this mod or is it client side only?

I made a map using the mod and all the clients had it and we could see the items in the boxes, but none of us could get the weapons or items out.

When I self hosted it worked fine...

Hey guys, does the server have to be running this mod or is it client side only?

I made a map using the mod and all the clients had it and we could see the items in the boxes, but none of us could get the weapons or items out.

When I self hosted it worked fine...

Client and Server need the mod

You finally release this great addon Marco :bigsmile:

greetings

Horus

I don't believe that an M203 should be so easily added to an M16 or M4. I believe that an Armorer had to do it, when I was in the Army. Either the weapon should already have it or not.

Has any veteran seen anything to contradict this?

Depends, usually is an armorer thing as in our case the 203 was also noted as being on a certain weapon. But we switched the 203 between weapons easily enough, just take off the 203(easy to detach btw) and then slap back on your handguard or RIS lower piece.....

first let me say that mod looks great

but i have this problem when im using it for example in MP domination OA reviev ACE when i use mod to attach or dettach something from exp m4a1

after i get shoot i have black screen and nothing ... was is the problem ?

Stupid qeustion: How do I install this? I am new to ArmA and mods, so I'm a little confused. I've created a mod folder, and use Arma Launcher, with the mods enabled, so that much seems to be working. I'm just not sure of what to do with the example missions, the keys or the replacements folders. Any help?

any chance to continue to further update??

add some custom bipod or just grip for m16, m4spr??

ability to switch expanded/folded bipod???

Edited by nikita320106

i downloaded this mod i like it, i run it with ace and the fact that the m4a1 has the animation that theres a foregrip but there isnt i love it, the mod is great and i hope to see some further developments with it.iwould like the use of many more weapons in this mod, and is used with ace, i would love that.

would definately be cool if you have Desert Camo M4s as well as the woodland. especially since OA takes place more in an afghanistan style environment and not a former soviet sattellite state. and front grips would be pretty cool as well.

Would be cool if you could attach 4 things on the RIS handguard like on a real weapon system. For example: m203 on the bottom, flashlight on the right, laser designator on top or whatever.

Just spotted this and it looks great.

Has all work on this stopped though I hope not as its broken every rule and done what every one else said was impossible on the current engine (well not impossible but you get the idea).

Great work.

@ stk2008

its still on work, i add the TA-01 and TA-31 Acog, VSS and SVD rework some Models and config entrys.

New version will coming out soon

in the new version will be added:

MP7

SVD

VSS

AK-74

AKS-74

AK-107

AK-108

regreetz

Marco

Hey I'm really excited that you're still working on this! My unit has been using ASC for the past several months and it's great!

I'm very happy you're putting the new ACOGs in.

Here is the most recent video I have(less than 2 hrs old) where everyone you see in the mission was using ASC weapons:

part 1:

part 2:

One question for you. Do you know if it would be possible to make your weapons from this mod accept ace ammunition like the M203 HE and HuntIR rounds?

Oh also, any chance of you putting a foregrip in for the M4s? When using ASC and ACE at the same time you grip the M4 as if it had a foregrip but it actually doesn't.

Edited by MacScottie

Hey I'm really excited that you're still working on this! My unit has been using ASC for the past several months and it's great!

I'm very happy you're putting the new ACOGs in.

Here is the most recent video I have(less than 2 hrs old) where everyone you see in the mission was using ASC weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzQ8VS8TrY&feature=youtube_gdata

One question for you. Do you know if it would be possible to make your weapons from this mod accept ace ammunition like the M203 HE and HuntIR rounds?

Oh also, any chance of you putting a foregrip in for the M4s? When using ASC and ACE at the same time you grip the M4 as if it had a foregrip but it actually doesn't.

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that.

Whoops. I deleted the original and put up an HD version. I edited my original post with the correct versions.

Edited by MacScottie

Sorry MacScottie,

but your links aren't reachable, but the links in your older post above work fine and also in HD

I've linked them in the first post ! :cool:

About the use of ACE ammo

It's a little complicated because this would force us to require the ACE mod or build an extra PBO that bring this in.

A lag of time does the rest, Marco need a lot of weeks to do most important real live things and his time is actually also very limited.

Most of the work have been done, but it have to be finished !

About the Forgrips

I'm not so extreme weapon enthuastic like Marco and/or you ;)

And i don't understand what is your exact thinking about the Foregrips, do you only want to see them only in the models or to customize them ?

Customize them produce a large amount of new models and of cause more work which can be done by Marco.

Customize additional things would multiply the model count to much, here BIS have to build some things in the engine before we can talk about more.

(e.g. like proxys for the different weapon parts can be set via config class)