Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73251

Wow I never thought I'd see one of these on a weekend... When do you guys at BI take days off?

With this beta,If I order ia to move when they're are in a vehicle (Jackal 2 MWMIK for example), they don't move at all and don't start the engine.

They only move if I am in the vehicle I want to move.

So You're unable to do the second mission in the Baf campaign as there two jackal to command (the one with you inside will obey, the second one will not move at all.)

Do you have the same problem too ?

The rebellious AI of Armaverse is close to win! Lets see if BIS can stand another round ("Resistance is futile!") or if devs are going to cut this line of battle.

my heli refuses to take off after comming to a extraction point and loading passengers, it worked fine with the previous beta.

EDIT: the problem was NOT caused by the beta but by not updated CBA for eventhandlers.

Edited by horror1

Gosh, off the net for a few days and now so many things are happening....

Getting the beta and trying out ASAP. Thanks Dwarden!

warfare modules still broken :(

How is it broken, what is the related CIT entry? Where is your dump file?

Really, there is no way of knowing whats need to fix if you just come in here saying "this is broken" without showing how broken it is.

[73248] hotfixed broken AI transport takeoff after Unload

[73248] fixed broken AI transport Unload when under fire

This is huge. I revisited a few missions of mine that never worked properly due to wonky helicopter insertions/extractions. Made a noticable difference. Not sure if its related, but a Mi-8 extracting my squad even launched a rocket volley against an advancing enemy squad while we loaded.

I am still disableing the pilot's targeting AI in the init field because a CH47 started to fly off and attack enemy positions after dropping us off when I didn't disable it, even though his waypoints should have taken him the opposite direction, out of harm's way.

Thanx for the fix!

Edited by arthur666

I am still disableing the pilot's targeting AI in the init field because a CH47 started to fly off and attack enemy positions after dropping us off when I didn't disable it, even though his waypoints should have taken him the opposite direction, out of harm's way.

Indeed. I've made best results with:

_pilot disableAI "TARGET";
  _pilot disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

This way, he will land more or less immediately even if enemies are all around, while (side-)gunners still fire on what they may engage. Without this, the pilot always flies in circles, engaging what he considers to be a threat until it seems to be safe enough to land... (while the probability to get shot down or to simply crash goes to infinity.. haha)

Maybe this should become standard behaviour (for transport helos only) if the pilot is in ["CARELESS", "SAFE", "AWARE"].. though if auto-danger kicks in, we're back to manually disableing the pilots targeting powers... hm.

This way, he will land more or less immediately even if enemies are all around, while (side-)gunners still fire on what they may engage. Without this, the pilot always flies in circles, engaging what he considers to be a threat until it seems to be safe enough to land... (while the probability to get shot down or to simply crash goes to infinity.. haha)

Maybe this should become standard behaviour (for transport helos only) if the pilot is in ["CARELESS", "SAFE", "AWARE"].. though if auto-danger kicks in, we're back to manually disableing the pilots targeting powers... hm.

Thats a nice idea. Have a CIT ticket?

But attack helo\planes are also affected?

Hey guys A.I are using pistols as there primary weapon.

go into editer put down some ACR special forces rifleman and snipers put opfor at end runway see if get same results as me.

edit

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12143 ahh found a ticket seems you already knew this

Edited by muttly

How is it broken, what is the related CIT entry? Where is your dump file?

Really, there is no way of knowing whats need to fix if you just come in here saying "this is broken" without showing how broken it is.

lol FIRST Search CIT yourself. SECOND, this isnt a crash so a dump file wouldnt explain much, correct? THIRD, did you read any of the recent beta threads in their entirety, OR the stand alone thread I made thats just been lingering on the first page with a FULL EXPLANATION of how the issue plays out in detail with system specs in my signature as always? FOURTH, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO SAY ANYTHING AT ALL? what is your busniess replying to me, mowing me down like so many others on this forum? As if I didn't do it right, when I clearly did.

i don't get it. it's like someone made a pitcher of "stupid juice" and handed out cups to a variety of forum members. GO AWAY YOU MOLES. IF YOU CANNOT PROVIDE ASSITANCE OR A REASONABLE RESPONSE THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR FINGERS UNDER YOUR BUTT!

I mean, even just a simple "Hey I put the mission together with the single unit synced to a warfare module and I didn't have the problem" is more beneficial than hastily griping at me about this and that.

Edited by NeoHazard

Wow, angry much? Probably would have been quicker, easier, and less embarrassing if all you did was provide a link to the thread about Warfare being broken. Or the CIT link. Maybe even a sarcastic comment. But to completely flip out? Wow.

I've only used "TARGET", but I will try "AUTOTARGET" as well.

This is huge. I revisited a few missions of mine that never worked properly due to wonky helicopter insertions/extractions. Made a noticable difference. Not sure if its related, but a Mi-8 extracting my squad even launched a rocket volley against an advancing enemy squad while we loaded.

Thanx for the fix!

and this one will be fixed in next beta (so less AI crashing on take off)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5637

---------- Post added at 03:06 ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 ----------

got any good repro mission with the endless circling ?

Hi,

With both this beta patch (73251) and the one before (73246) when I zoom in using a scope...it will un-zoom all by itself without me touching the button.

At first I thought this was my mouse dying....but tried a brand new mouse and the same thing happened. It will randomly un-zoom. Not nice!!

Went back to 72967 which I happened to have on my machine and it stopped....so using that.

Weird that no-one has reported this!

I'm having it (and I've mentioned it several times) in the beta versions. But not once in the official version. What happens for me is that Arma briefly looses focus. Holding RMB for zoomed in mode will be canceled, and if you're holding W to walk forward a bunch of w's will appear in my script if that is open in the background (on -windowed mode).

I'm having it (and I've mentioned it several times) in the beta versions. But not once in the official version. What happens for me is that Arma briefly looses focus. Holding RMB for zoomed in mode will be canceled, and if you're holding W to walk forward a bunch of w's will appear in my script if that is open in the background (on -windowed mode).

Ahh..OK. I'm running in a window and the window loses focus. That will do it. At first I thought it had something to do with "Sticky Keys". Wonder what causes it to lose focus and how it can be solved? I like using the latest betas.

Yes please. It's annoying when the AI refuse to land and ignore their waypoints because enemies are in the vicinity of the LZ.

got any good repro mission with the endless circling ?

Actually, yes, :D, here you go. It's a pimped up (incl. notes, markers and a status cutText) test mission of my helo evac fsm I'm working on. It's supposed to be able to evacuate units aswell as insert troops (either of them or both at the same time). For the demo you've to 1) map-click near you at the airport to spawn the helicopter, 2) map-click somwhere else to spawn the team that get's evacuated (I suggest the oilfields to the west) and then you may hop in the helo, some enemies will get spawned, simulating a hot zone and at least putting the helo into danger mode...

The important file is RUBE/ai/helo/ai_evacuate.fsm which get's executed at line 98-115 in heloEvac.sqf.

Maybe it's still of some use to you, but I have to revoke my previous statement. Disabling the pilots (auto-)target powers doesn't do sh***. Maybe it did in a previous beta, maybe it was a mixture of funny coincidences and wishful thinking.

In fact, the culprit is something much more basic: the pilot did never (or not in time) complete the MOVE waypoint. In my fsm, the condition to proceed with the landing was (unitReady _pilot). And it can take a loooong time until he is ready with his MOVE waypoint (with a big enough completion radius).

Since I've enhanced the condition to this: (unitReady _pilot) || ((_vehicle distance _landAt) < _landingDistance), the pilot lands always immediately without asking any dumb questions (wp get's simply overwritten, together with issuing the land command, bwahaha). :D

Now my guess is, that this is not only a problem with scripted solutions, but also (or even in the first place) with regular in-editor placed waypoint-chains. I mean, if the pilot is not ready, he will not proceed to the next waypoint - simple as that. So maybe it's worth to look at this: helicopters need to complete their MOVE waypoints earlier/in-time (or fail earlier, which is about the same), respect the completionRadius, or something the like...

(For testing this with my demo mission you'd need to delete the distance check again from the "arrived" condition (after the "flying..." state) in ai_evacuate.fsm)

One final struggle is left and that is keeping that damn thing on the ground:

_vehicle flyInHeight 0;
_vehicle forceSpeed 0;

...doesn't really work and the helicopter tends to bumb along the ground, at times really mad... you know the outcome of this.. hrhr.. Also I've noted that the "UNLOAD"/"TR UNLOAD" waypoints like to make the helo hover at ~1m (I can't keep them really on the ground), and as soon as "the work of unloading" seems done, the helicopter raises only to note, that I intend to load some guys in first too... no new waypoint has been given, so I guess it's really the completion of these waypoints that makes the helo go nuts... Is there a forced "raise/fly away" after these waypoints? If so, could we get rid of them? Usually what follows is a move wp or something that will make a helicopter raise.. that should be enough, no? Or where does this behaviour come from?

Maybe this should become standard behaviour.

Yes please. It's annoying when the AI refuse to land and ignore their waypoints because enemies are in the vicinity of the LZ.

Now, now.. Let's not jump to conclusions only because some jerk (me) rambled about things he doesn't really understand too well. :D

(Auto-)targeting doesn't seem to be sooo bad after all. :o

EDIT: oh yeah, (auto-)target DOES HAVE an effect! :rolleyes:

Edited by ruebe

Has anybody tried Takistani infantry with this ( and the previous ) patch ?

For me they are extremely low LOD.

Was playing Warfare BE with a mixture of Russian and Taki infantry in my squad and the only issue was with the Takis.

Reverting to 73239 fixed it.

Maybe it's still of some use to you, but I have to revoke my previous statement. Disabling the pilots (auto-)target powers doesn't do sh***. Maybe it did in a previous beta, maybe it was a mixture of funny coincidences and wishful thinking.

Just the "AUTOTARGET" is useless, correct? I'm pretty sure disabling the regular "TARGET" makes a difference.

...I've noted that the "UNLOAD"/"TR UNLOAD" waypoints like to make the helo hover at ~1m (I can't keep them really on the ground)...

I can help you with this problem, at least. Put an "H (invisible)" (from the editor-objects) where you want the helicopter to unload, and it will set on the ground. I did this because my men were getting hurt exiting choppers that were hovering too high.

Also, since helicopter waypoint completion radi are very large. I wonder if i set them to say, 5m instead of leaving them at 0, they would actually be 5m instead of the default (200m?)? Will try it when I get home.

Edited by arthur666

Zooming forward view is back to slightly chugging again.... with this update. And movement too.