Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73251

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[73248] hotfixed broken AI transport takeoff after Unload

[73248] fixed broken AI transport Unload when under fire

[73245] New: Multiplayer Event Handler MPRespawn synchronized on all clients but triggered only on the client where respawn happens.

[73238] Fixed: Client had problems taking weapon from remote vehicle=

(supply target was handled localy)

[73236] New: Multiplayer Event Handlers MPKilled and MPHit.

Their event handlers are synchronized over network to be the same on all clients.

Moreover, when the MPKilled or MPHit event occurs it is triggered onall clients, ie. it works in global manner.

Use them by new scripting commands addMPEventHandler, removeMPEventHandler and removeAllMPEventHandlers.

celebrate yet another great addition :yay:

Edited by Dwarden

Seems interesting... will their be more complete documentation on the BIKI?

I wouldn't hold breath on it. ;)

OT: glad to see the game improve more and more, appreciate the work you do (speaking of all developers).

Keep it comin.

Hmm, MPEventHandlers sounds interesting.

I suspect this will be the shortest beta thread to date :p

Edited by CarlGustaffa

The AI is still broken in BMP2.

BMP2 either wont engage targets, or say if u have 2 two BMP2's VS 1 BMP3, only 1 bmp2 will engage the enemy bmp3. if that bmp2 gets destroyed then the other bmp2 will not engage the enemy bmp3.

please fix the AI, its been broken since BAF was released.

Has it always been the case that the objects variablespace doesn't get cleared... like at all/never?

_someBuilding setVariable ["someFlag", true];

Doing that during I preview a mission in the editor will flag that building permanently now?

:391:

Restarting the mission a new, that building is still flagged (the variable "someFlag" is still present and set to true). Reloading the mission in the editor, and the building is still flagged. Restarting the editor (exit and back to the editor) and the building is still flagged... only restarting the game itself helps now... :(

This is bad. Really bad. For sure, any objects variable space needs to be cleared once a mission starts...

This hasn't been always the case, has it?

EDIT: seems to be like this since at least the latest stable build... :/

FURTHER EDIT: I've opened a new ticket for this. Hope it get's fixed soon.

Edited by ruebe

Seems that the 'Transport Unload' waypoint is broken with this beta, vehicles refuse to move to their next waypoint after unloading troops. Can anyone confirm? I'll make the ticket if so..

transport_unload.Desert_E

*Edit*

Rolled back and found:

73239 works fine. 73246 is broken.

Also, could someone explain:

[73245] New: Multiplayer Event MPRespawn synchronized on all clients but triggered only on the client where respawn happens.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Seems that the 'Transport Unload' waypoint is broken with this beta, vehicles refuse to move to their next waypoint after unloading troops. Can anyone confirm? I'll make the ticket if so..

transport_unload.Desert_E

*Edit*

Rolled back and found:

73239 works fine. 73246 is broken.

Also, could someone explain:

[73245] New: Multiplayer Event MPRespawn synchronized on all clients but triggered only on the client where respawn happens.

takeoff after Unload landing will be fixed after b73248

as i wrote here : http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3919#note-56

Thank you BIS!

Again only limited time playing so far but the bad flickering/Z-fighting introduced in Build 73116 is still there in 73246. Hoping it can be fixed/improved.... Also a small reminder of this issue ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12144

/KC

@KeyCat

wrong link?

No.

I know BIS is hard at work with various bugs/improvements, just meant as a friendly reminder for the "Camouflage doesn't work properly in forest" bug.

/KC

Whats eventhandler?

Used in scripts. An event handler executes specified code when a certain event occurs, for example in this case: a player dying, getting hit by something or respawning.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Another new beta (73251) just rolled in, but nothing new in the changelog. Anyone care to comment on what it does?

EDIT: okay, never mind. Regression fix.

Edited by MadDogX

Thank you Dwarden :)

and it's out as beta 73251

Saturday patching? Get some rest, guys :D Atleast over the weekend..

Thanks for the fixes though.