Sign in to follow this  
rejenorst

Rejenorst's Missions [SP/MP/COOP]

Could you maybe upload a version where I could skip to the ending cutscene? Because that's where I crashed, and the actual mission seems compatible with CO.

I did have Yuri die on me in an artillery strike, but I don't know if you were going the "only a flesh wound" route.

another new mission from u lovely.... always love ur mission

what a way to begin a mission, at the mission config part just make me go WOW

well i haven't finish it yet (no matter how great the mission is AI always find a way to fuk up every thing) but so far i can only tell is u nailed the things that u always very good at, sound, cam, pot, every thing just 10/10

great to c that u team up with many very experienced and greatest author this time, BIG BIG ty to them too for their time and effort... and of course every 1 worked on it that hasn't been mention.

-Zonekiller

-Lt.Cameron Mcdonald

-Zipper5

-Thomas

-Kju

-Xenogf

-Dwarden

-Celery

McLupo has played through the mission (martyrdom) with and without ACE modification along with other modifications, a list of which you can view here: http://www.picdrop.net/?v=arma2oa2011080310391.jpg

Apparently McLupo gets an error message regarding handgrenade_west but he claims it rarely pops up and is not a mission braker.

McLupo's review (if you can speak German), can be found here:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=471&entries=0#post2835

McLupo mentions that the intensity of the mission is increased even further with the use of the ACE modification.

As for the other missions I think their compatible as J Rock hasn't had any problems with them and ACE.

thanks a lot! and yes, i've checked it and it works fine. atmosphere in these missions is fantastic, ace2 makes it even better.

Thanks for the feedback J rock & Spotter :) @Maturin: I will try and get you an outro version only next week. Cheers.

Turned out that I was the only one left. My leaders got wiped out.

So, nearly finished. I assume I need to hunt down the last guy and take him out?

Could be hiding in buildings?

You need to kill as many Takistani soldiers as you can but if there's like 5 or so left then just head to the waypoint and wait. (Insurgents do not count as objective, only the TK soldiers). You should also be getting reinforcements within the space of 2 or so minutes as well when your squad has less than 8 men.

Edited by Rejenorst

i tried replaying the mission, how do I get the harrier to bomb the enemy?

The harrier drops bombs independently from your squad so the player can't actually call in airstrikes.

I could have made a dialogue screen using an existing one I made a while ago to allow the player to call in airstrikes but I wanted to limit the scope of what I was actually trying to achieve/do/accomplish for the mission as I was running over my schedule for mission completion. I also felt that to many airstrikes would kill off the enemy numbers to quickly and thereby limit the effectiveness of the goals below:

My main goals were CQB and allowing the player to duke it out at close quarters. The problem I saw in that was whether or not performance would be ok and whether or not it would be fun to experience a bit of asymmetrical warfare.

I can add an option for player requested airstrike when player is the leader of the squad and is waiting for reinforcements.

On a sidenote:

If players want to make suggestions for storyline/mechanics of future missions I make, then I am open to that. I am currently looking to make a sequel to the Hunted mission and am also experimenting with the Fallujah map on occasion.

I could seriously use some storyline/mechanics suggestions for the sequel to the hunted mission, it should fit in the scope of Yuri and his brother attempting to get out of the country but getting caught up with Insurgent forces fighting the CDF.

Cheers.

Edited by Rejenorst

No need to have player call in airstrike, i was just wondering how as i have not encounter any instances where the airstrike was made and thought i might have not do something to make it happen. Or maybe can u tell me what sort of trigger will actually make the harrier bomb a site.

Airstrikes usually get called in alongside friendly reinforcements. The airstrike may take place anywhere in Zargabad, meaning that it may be more than 500 meters away sometimes. Or even a few hundred meters behind you, taking out some guy you missed. And sometimes very close to you. :) if its to close your group leader will radio danger close danger close and any friendly ai near the site will run back away from the airstrike target area.

I see.. think have a few instances where the squad leader was shouting that, now i know the reason behind it then. If you are planning to have another version, can I suggest a view distance option in the dialog box? I think you have limited the view distance not mistaken

Already implemented. you can set the fog distance from the dialogue box (top right option) (that's what's cutting your view distance in the mission. At the moment the fog is at 71% bu default. You can set it to anywhere between 0 and 100% but you'd better have a good PC if you plan ti run it at 0%.) :D

Also be aware that sometimes the plane will not drop the bomb (forgot to mention this). This is the case when the plane doesn't have LOS to the target. In which case after a little while you will hear Crossbow call in to Crazyhorse that Crossbow cannot get a fix on target and the airstrike is cancelled.

Edited by Rejenorst

Just finished a complete play through to mission end. wow what a great mission thank you.

The medics do heal you but I never say the option the bandage a wound. Also I was getting very low on ammo towards the end of the mission but then that adds to the realism.

I can see with the addition if a revive script, this mission making a great coop mission.

It took a while to get used to "not" being in charge, but I loved the game play again thanks...

Cheers man :) Glad you liked the mission. For the heal action option, this will only come up if you can't stand and will only bandage legs to a point where you can walk again. There's a chance that other addons may override it... not sure. I will probably add an option to force heal when near medics if I make version 0.92.

I would potentially be looking at adding:

-Spawning some equipment at enemy command sector

-AI medic forceheal action

-Radio voice(s) for too many civ deaths

-Option for increased enemy reaction times (at the cost of some CPU).

-(Maybe) Option for heavily increased enemy reaction times x 2(at the cost of more CPU).

-Possible Expanded weapon selection so the player can choose to start with other weapons rather than just the default spawned one.

Managed to witness the harrier let go a massive payload, it was an nice sight to see. really adds in the overall mood.

Does the suicide bomber shouts allahuakbar before denoting themselves? If yes I think I encountered 1 which didn't blow himself up but just ran pass by.

1 thing I agree with the rest, is medics are too scarce. Waited a while before actually got healed by them.

:D The suicide bombers do shout Allahhuakbar before detonation but if you get close enough to enemy units they may shout stuff anyway including the above so its not exclusive to suicide bombers.

Just played your Martyrdom mission, really enjoying it, its nice to see a well polished user mission with proper voice acting etc. The mission felt a lot like that scene in Full Metal Jacket when the marines move into Hue city, very similar atmosphere, well done for capturing that!

A New War may not be ready for primetime.

I'm getting CTDs in it, although this may be due to beta patches and a JSRS/ACE conflict.

@Trickster1982:

Thanks for the feedback :) Glad the mission atmosphere went down well :D

@Maturin:

Hmmm I may not have replaced all the lip sync files correctly, I'll try to redo the lip files as I may have missed one or two. Also I need to double check if I have any smoke like in Steel Garden with a nil variable.

Fallujah mission is coming along.

Still need to do a few things.

One problem I've noticed is that units inside or on top of destroyed buildings do not fall down. I could remedy that somewhat by using setposasl(?) on any units in the area of the plane bomb blasts.

Also can't use ALICE vehicle spawn. Will try to do my own script version but it won't be as nice as ALICE's version I'd say.

I would also like to create a civ traffic script.

Main differences between Martyrdom amd Martyrdom Fallujah:

-Player, allies and reinforcements helicoptered in by Blackhawk

-Hot zone around which the 15 sectors are located is randomly set around the city's x,y position, that way the action doesn't always take place in one area of the city.

-Option of additional Friendly squad, that squad will choose a random sector to land near and will also make its way to the objective. (Performance GPU wise is better than Zargabad).

sXQQAp9nbK8

Potential concepts:

-Am toying with the idea of command posts at larger buildings such as construction sites/hotel but I am unsure as to the function they would have. I may make it that the command sector will choose a sector with a large building in it that has more than 20 positions. Could be interesting for room clearance type ending. It would be random and I am not yet sure if I will do it or not but will see.

Edited by Rejenorst

Nice! can't wait. Can I give a suggestion of having a hidden proned sniper for opfor that can potentially pin down the blufor squad? Saw a documentary where similar situation happens in RL fallujah that has a whole squad pinned down and require some drastic action taken (eg. air strike or a flanking maneuver) be great to see that translate in game.

That could be arranged :) I will need to experiment with it. I might make a script where there's a 50% chance that an enemy sniper starts on one of the inaccessible skyscraper tops or prone on one of the higher buildings. I would keep it down to just one sniper for now and just see how the gameplay goes. Might give him a 50 cal rifle (Russian version).

Hey Rejenorst,

great idea to do, what you´ve planed!

Best i think, is your advisement to set a room clearance into the mission.

Bloody real!!

Also the suggestion to put a hided sniper in one building who pinned down a squad is very realistic and an average in the mission, puhh...strange! :)

But whatever you will decide...i´m glad to hear the rumors and be able soon as possible to play the released version, hehehe..!

Thanks alot mate, you do a great job!

Best regard

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

Hi McLupo :) Thanks for the feedback.

The way I might do it with the sniper and house clearing is by including side missions based on Landmarks such as hotels and construction sites. If the sectors have a large building with more than 20 building positions I might try and script building clearance as a side objective. Side missions could be random and vary, including a sniper with a 50 caliber rifle on a high building top causing problems for the helicopters :)

I just have to test everything out and make sure there are no major bugs or crashes and I will move on to side mission coding.

Me once again, :)

you´re very right, i don´t thought about the heli...;)

And the mission must be work stable, thats a major point!!

Including the sniper idea in a sidemission is a great idea and should solve major problems, i think!

Great, great...if you know what you have to do...not easy to create a mission...

Thanks for doing that for the community!!

Regards

McLupo