Sign in to follow this  
jonstyle

New Island: Snowy Everon

We have it in our Island section. Link to it is in left menu ... or directly here.

But it's written in last news.

(Edited by Bojler at 5:19 pm on Dec. 29, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Damage Inc on 8:55 pm on Dec. 29, 2001

Well it's pretty hard to find since i don't speak Czech.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, we have english section! You can switch to it by the english flag in the top of left menu. Next time you visit us, you'll be in english section automatically smile.gif

I'd like to report a minor error with Winter Everon's exit main menu cutscene.

Apparently the scene requires Ash's Winter Hummer and possible other Ash winter vehicles.

These are not included in the ZIP file and there is no README that comes along with the addon telling you so.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the addon maker, I-Doe-I, please refer him to this message.

My personal feeling is that the island addon should be 100% independent from any other addons unless it would otherwise not be able to function.

It also ruins OFP too.

While having the Winther Everon PBO in your addons folder, try driving a sportscar on any island. Even a turtle can walk faster.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Shadow ATWAR on 12:23 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

It also ruins OFP too.

While having the Winther Everon PBO in your addons folder, try driving a sportscar on any island. Even a turtle can walk faster.

<span id='postcolor'>

So you're saying this is a bug caused by Winter Everon?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from theavonlady on 11:31 am on Dec. 31, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Shadow ATWAR on 12:23 pm on Dec. 31, 2001

It also ruins OFP too.

<span id='postcolor'>

So you're saying this is a bug caused by Winter Everon?<span id='postcolor'>

Seems so... the config.cpp double-defines some classes that are already in the game (at cfgSurfaces) which of course causes problems, in this case it seems it causes some roads to act like driving offroad.

So what your saying, is that someone can finally make a custom road that we can drive on and it would feel like the original road in OPF ?

Uh... no... what im saying is that this winter everon addon config.cpp has some classes double defined which makes some parts of the roads that are in the game act like they are plain ground.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from theavonlady on 10:31 am on Dec. 31, 2001

It also ruins OFP too.

<span id='postcolor'>

So you're saying this is a bug caused by Winter Everon?

<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't actually got Winter Everon, and I haven't tried out the sports cars in a while, but I could sware that last time I did use one it was pretty slow, even without Winter Everon.

Thanx for all the info , v1.1 is hopfully going to be out this weekend, and bug free smile.gif