Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

New ARMA2 OA Beta Patch 73206 Available

[73204] Fixed: Join group changes unit's side

[73139] Changed: Airplanes parallax HUD disabled, can be enabled by "enableParallax" in config

[73126] Fixed: execVM with a zero sized file has freezed the game.

[73120] Fixed: Switching vision mode with fire mode

[73119] Fixed: AI equipped with TI see through smokes

[73117] Fixed: Commanding units with aiming deadzone

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Another batch of pure grain awesomeness delivered fresh to our doorstep. Thanks BIS! :)

Join group changing side is certainly a welcome addition for mission makers. Looks like we can now finally have our Brit vs. US Warfare... muahaha! :D

Awesome! Now, about

How the hell did this ever come up? :D

Wow, those are some significant fixes/changes! Thanks BIS! :D

Awesome! Now, about

I was wondering the same thing. It's not like people will be complaining that their empty script files are causing the game to crash.

Simple workaround: make your script actually do something. Anything. :D

But I guess any fix is a good fix.

Awesome! Now, about

Create new script > write some stuff > forget to save > freeze your game would be my guess :)

What does [73204] Fixed: Join group changes unit's side means?

Using the join command now changes the side of a unit. Previously, you could only add units from one side (for example civilian) to a different side (for example OPFOR) by grouping them with a unit from another side in the editor. Joining them while the mission was underway did not have the same effect.

With this new command behaviour, unit sides can finally be switched on the fly. :)

I would imagine it means that when you join a unit to a group, he becomes a member of the side of that group. Ex: joining a US soldier to an OPFOR group makes him OPFOR.

[73139] Changed: Airplanes parallax HUD disabled, can be enabled by "enableParallax" in config

Thank you BIS.

How is the "enableParallax" handled? in the root of the config or within each defined MFD?

Thank you BIS.

How is the "enableParallax" handled? in the root of the config or within each defined MFD?

class myplane_base:Plane
{ 
 class MFD
 {
  class AirplaneHUD
  {
   enableParallax = true;
  }
 }
}

----

anyway if You still get some crashes somehow :) keep sending me dumps

(email is my forumnickname a/t bistudio.com)

and i want thank to everyone who sent crashdumps or feedback in past

as it's very helpful and speed-up the process ...

Edited by Dwarden

What exactly does this refer to? Once my rangefinder had TI enabled after I puta mk16 TWS back into a crate.

wut?

-k

What exactly does this refer to? Once my rangefinder had TI enabled after I puta mk16 TWS back into a crate.

wut?

-k

Read the CIT and you wouldn't be so clueless.

wut?

-k

If you dont know what this is about, it is time you start playing more often!

yes ! welcome back in the comfort zone, finally cursor does what my hand is telling it to do, again ;)

Děkuji, BIS :)

Great beta patch!

In the next patch please fix the automatic switching of fire modes when you take an AA launcher or AT launcher. When I switch my rifle on burst or auto or my AK on semi, it should stay this way even after I used my launcher. It's a hassle to always watch out for the fire mode.

Sorry for this silly Question, but

what does[73139] Changed: Airplanes parallax HUD disabled, can be enabled by "enableParallax" in config means?

What ist the parallax HUD ?

Can someone explain me what it is ?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

what does[73139] Changed: Airplanes parallax HUD disabled, can be enabled by "enableParallax" in config means?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

I also have the exact same question!

BTW, BIS should fix the left (or is it the right?) gunner minigun on the British Chinook (in the BAF DLC) where that minigun is not movable (it always stays in a fixed position).

Regards

(ST6)Predator

KLICK for Information

"Parallax is a key factor to measure or collimate in head-up display (HUD) or other optical telescope systems. An automatic parallax measurement method is proposed and applied in HUD. The method uses lens zooming to change imaging quality, evaluates optimum imaging condition according to image property of gradient of intensity or saturation of color. Based on imaging quality evaluated, CCD imaging system, computer, precision mechanical movement system (MMS) and zooming lens build up a close loop control circuit to perform auto-focusing function. The defocusing amount and parallax are calculated according to the recorded position of zooming lens in the auto-focusing process. Furthermore, a novel algorithm of colored object auto-focusing evaluation is introduced. The result show the method is feasible and can measure parallax of HUD automatically and quantitatively."

Is that it?

The following problems persist in beta 73206:

1. When turning out from commander view in armored vehicles, the viewpoint gets stuck on a fixed-position, zoomable view with the current sensor (daylight/nvs/thermal) applied. You can cycle through vision modes and a rangefinding reading is displayed. You can only get out of this stuck view by switching to external view and back (Or by pressing optics key on numpad if external views are turned off).Tested with Warrior and M1A2 Tusk. Solved, but there is lag and you can see several views rapidly cycling before arriving at proper turned-out view. A smooth transition would be nice.

2. Selecting 1800m zero on the Jackal GMGs returns the zero to 100m.

3. Tripod-mounted GMGs don't have an option to select zero, as with the Jackal-mounted GMGs.

4. Vehicle- and tripod-mounted L111A1 (M2HB) and M621 (Lynx 20mm) are using the M240 firing sound. L7A2 GPMG mini-tripod is using 7.62 Russian ammo/tracers and PK firing sound.

Reported here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13602

5. I seem to have lost (or can barely hear) all automatic cannon explosion sounds (tested Wildcat 20mm, Warrior CTWS, Bradley 25mm, and Apache 30mm).

Partially reported here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13362

6. Switching firing mode (single/full) on the L85A2 AWS also switches optics mode, but only after the first time you switch from NV to thermal mode. The Qioptiq Kite depicted on the rifle is an image intensification sight and should have night and day-filtered modes, not night and thermal modes.

7. Laser rangefinder reading displayed in open air gunner view of Stryker MC.

8. L85A2 AWS 800m zero is way off (to the high side).

9. L110a1 (British M249 SAW) has strange recoil behavior and is not in line with identical US Army SAW. Recoil behavior should be same as US Army M249 SAW.

10. CRV7-HEPD has little to no area effect. It seems to only have effect with a direct hit (or possibly 1-2m miss) to a vehicle/object, and only on that target. HEPD warhead should have a blast radius of 10m with potential lethality from fragments to 55m. It is the same warhead and should have the same effect as the US Hydra rockets in the game. CRV7-PG seems to have same performance. On the other hand, CRV7-FAT has a fairly wide "splash damage" area and is effective against infantry in the open, which is also wrong. FAT is Flechette Anti-Tank and contains 5 solid penetrator flechettes. It should not be an effective area weapon against soft targets due to low density of projectiles. Perhaps the effects are simply switched, or perhaps the devs actually intended FAT to be GPF (General Purpose Flechette) rounds, which contain 80 flechettes and are very effective against area soft targets. Regardless, HEPD is broken.

11. Gunner/pilot command and targeting systems on the Wildcat are all screwed up and impossible to use effectively. For starters, pilot can magically self-designate and guide the CRV7-PG rockets all on his own, leaving the gunner just along for the ride. If gunner is also commander, controlling pilot engagement is a nightmare. Whenever the LD is active and acquired, pilot will fire rockets continuously, but will also move about wildly, causing the LD to swing off targets and rockets to spray all over the place. Control of the PG munitions needs to be taken away from the pilot and given to the gunner. Pilot should have unguided control of rockets when switching to manual fire. Pilot should always have control of cannon and should move to engage with cannon if given a target. Gunner should be able to laser designate any point, fire a single rocket and have it guide to target on the LD point actively controlled by the gunner. Ideally, LD point would also lock camera to that spot on the ground so targets can be engaged while the helicopter is moving.

Related: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13380

12. CRV7 rockets have barely audible firing sound on the Apache AH1 (Wildcat is normal).

Reported here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13363

13. AS50 and AS50 TWS have both semi-automatic and full-automatic modes. The AS50 is a semi-automatic rifle and should not have a full auto option.

Edited by akd42

Regards

(ST6)Predator

I also have the exact same question!

I guess you guys should read up the previous beta release thread.

Please do some research before asking the obvious :D

The following problems persist in beta 73206:

10. CRV7-HEDP has little to no area effect. It seems to only have effect with a direct hit (or possibly 1-2m miss) to a vehicle/object, and only on that target. HEDP warhead should have a blast radius of 10m with potential lethality from fragments to 55m. It is the same warhead and should have the same effect as the US Hydra rockets in the game. CRV7-PG seems to have same performance. On the other hand, CRV7-FAT has a fairly wide "splash damage" area and is effective against infantry in the open, which is also wrong. FAT is Flechette Anti-Tank and contains 5 solid penetrator flechettes. It should not be an effective area weapon against soft targets due to low density of projectiles. Perhaps the effects are simply switched, or perhaps the devs actually intended FAT to be GPF (General Purpose Flechette) rounds, which contain 80 flechettes and are very effective against area soft targets. Regardless, HEDP is broken.

CRV7-HEDP - should really be HEPD. High Explosive Point Detonation. Not HEDP High Explosive Dual Purpose. HEPD has a relatively small splash, but a very high penetration against Armour.

While HEDP - Dual Purpose rounds do have a larger splash area but also have much less penetration. Incidentally, there isnt a HEDP round for the CRV7. Its role is fulfilled by the WDU-500X/B GPF: General Purpose Flechette.

"CRV7-FAT has a fairly wide "splash damage" area" - This is because the flechettes do spread out in flight. And it is also commonly used as an area denial weapon in Afghanistan. Read page 2 - Operational use.

http://www.magellanaerospace.com/content/objects/FAT_Warhead.pdf

Edited by RKSL-Rock