Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

Greets Sanctuary,

I wanted to make you a question, wich program have you used to get your 2 main themes for your mod to .ogg at 88 kbps? Because the sound quality is pretty good, the only program I know so far to convert music to OFP compatible is OGGdrop but the only compatible OFP kbps frecuency the program has to offer is 64 kbps (Sound Q. is very crappy with that sequence, there are other frequencies offered: 80, 96, 128, etc until 350), if I do it with 80 kbps the music itself wont work, havent tried 96 kbps though...

Im trying to make a stand alone version .pbo file with some music I have converted but it doesnt show up on the mission editor, dunno why... If you can (But most of all if you want) help me: here is what I wrote on the config.cpp

// some basic defines

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class DJ_Music

{

units[] =

{};

weapons[] =

{};

requiredVersion = 1.96;

requiredAddons[] = {"BIS_Resistance"};

};

};

class CfgSounds // Happens the same with CfgMusic, I have tried it before

{

access=2;

class Maintheme1

{

name="GR 1 - Main theme 1";

sound[] = {"\Music\music\Main.ogg", db, 1.0};

};

class Maintheme2

{

name="GR 1 - Main theme 2";

sound[] = {"\Music\music\Main2.ogg", db, 1.0};

};

class Action1

{

name="GR 1 - Action 1";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Action1.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Action2

{

name="GR 1 - Action 2";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Action2.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Action3

{

name="GR 1 - Action 3";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Action3.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Action4

{

name="GR 1 - Action 4";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Action4.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Suspense1

{

name="GR 1 - Suspense";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Suspense1.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Victory1

{

name="GR 1 - Victory 1";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Vic1.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Victory2

{

name="GR 1 - Victory 2";

sound[]={"\Music\music\Vic2.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

class Soviet

{

name="Soviet army theme";

sound[]={"\Music\music\CCCP.ogg",1.0,1.0};

};

};

Thanks in advance Sanct.

hi,

I'm sorry if it has been allready asked/answered but are you planing to make winter cammo in the next releases? (please :lookaround:)

Suggestion: Rocket launchers are lacking in ww4, why not use the RPG, SMAW and JAVELIN from the marine pack? (if you have permission to do it of course). I allready converted those launcher to ww4 for my personal use and it works great. It's even better with ww4 because you can fire a rocket in up position and then AI don't blow themself with the JAVELIN.

Another suggestion: It would be very nice to include TACTEvents in your ww4 pack. I played a bit with TACTEvents from the marines pack with ww4 units and I must say that the result is very good. Only the bleeding system doesn't work since ww4 units's armor are bit different and the values must be a bit tweaked in TACTEvents scripts (I was too lazy to have a look at it :)). BTW, It works perfectly for the weapon effect.

For those who want to give it a try here's an updated weapon array for the effect. Lastest version of TACTEvents.pbo needed (included in the marine pack search ofp.info)

init_tact.sqs

;************************************************************
;WW4mod TACTEvents init Script by Nikiller v0.9b
;Note: lastest version of TACTEvents.pbo needed
;contact: nikillerofp@hotmail.fr
;[unitName] exec "scriptName.sqs"

_u = _this select 0

if (_u == player) then {[[_u],"m16","m16"] exec "\TACTEvents\onPlayerInit.sqs"; _u addEventHandler ["hit",{_this call TACTfuncHit}]}

_u addEventHandler ["fired",{_this call TACTfuncFiredEH}]

[] exec "addammototact.sqs"

exit

addammototact.sqs

;WW4mod Add Ammo To TACTEvents Array Script by Nikiller v0.9b
;Note: lastest version of TACTEvents.pbo needed
;contact: nikillerofp@hotmail.fr
;[] exec "scriptName.sqs"

~1

;****************************************
; WW4 West Ammo

TACTrifleTypes=TACTrifleTypes+["WW4_West_556x45_Single_Bullet","WW4_West_556x45_Burst_Bullet","WW4_West_556x45_Auto_Bullet","WW4_West_762x51_Single_Bullet","WW4_West_762x51_Auto_Bullet","WW4_West_762x51_Sniper_Single_Bullet"]

TACTm82Types=TACTm82Types+["WW4_West_127x99_Sniper_Bullet"]

TACTsmgTypes=TACTsmgTypes+["Skorpion","WW4_West_9x19SMG_Single_Bullet","WW4_West_9x19SMG_Auto_Bullet","
WW4_West_9x19SMG_Silenced_Single_Bullet","WW4_West_9x19SMG_Silenced_Auto_Bullet","WW4_West_556x45_Silenced_Single_Bullet","WW4_West_556x45_Silenced_Burst_Bullet","WW4_West_556x45_Silenced_Auto_Bullet","WW4_West_762x51_Silenced_Sniper_Single_Bullet","WW4_West_762x51_Silenced_Sniper_Auto_Bullet"]

TACTmgTypes=TACTmgTypes+["WW4_West_556x45_MGun_Bullet","WW4_West_762x51_Mgun_Bullet"]

TACTgrenadeTypes=TACTgrenadeTypes+["WW4_West_M433_Grenade"]

; WW4 East Ammo

TACTrifleTypes=TACTrifleTypes+["WW4_East_545x39_Single_Bullet","WW4_East_545x39_Auto_Bullet","WW4_East_762x39_Single_Bullet","WW4_East_762x39_Auto_Bullet","WW4_East_762x54R_Sniper_Single_Bullet"]

TACTm82Types=TACTm82Types+["WW4_East_127x99_Sniper_Bullet"]

TACTsmgTypes=TACTsmgTypes+["WW4_East_9x39_Single_Bullet","WW4_East_9x39_Auto_Bullet","WW4_East_9x39_Silenced_Single_Bullet","WW4_East_9x39_Silenced_Auto_Bullet","WW4_East_762x39_Silenced_Single_Bullet","WW4_East_762x39_Silenced_Auto_Bullet","WW4_East_545x39_Silenced_Single_Bullet","WW4_East_545x39_Silenced_Auto_Bullet"]

TACTmgTypes=TACTmgTypes+["WW4_East_545x39_MGun_Bullet","WW4_East_762x39_MGun_Bullet","WW4_East_762x54R_Mgun_Bullet"]

TACTgrenadeTypes=TACTgrenadeTypes+["WW4_East_VOG25_Grenade"]

exit

Demo link: http://www.multiupload.com/0DHSFKWRKR

Can't wait for the next release keep up the good work!

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
added launcher suggestion

I have more launchers on my todo list, don't worry at some point there will be more than the stock OFP ones.

I'll give a look to the tacevents script to see if they can be added without problem in mission making ressources (like ww4_helper by example), but they're not going to be built-in eventhandlers, these will be left up to the mission makers.

Winters camo were planned, only me being lazy and slow get the work on them extremely slowly, but i always hope to finish them one day.

For the music, i used an old version of Goldwave i had since years.

And i never managed to get an addon config for music (out of the main config itself) to have music files displayed in the triggers, for the intros i had those file added in the missions folder own description.ext and used a play script command in the mission themselves

hi,

I have more launchers on my todo list, don't worry at some point there will be more than the stock OFP ones.

I'll give a look to the tacevents script to see if they can be added without problem in mission making ressources (like ww4_helper by example), but they're not going to be built-in eventhandlers, these will be left up to the mission makers.

Winters camo were planned, only me being lazy and slow get the work on them extremely slowly, but i always hope to finish them one day.

Sounds all good news to me. Can't wait to see the winter cammo. Yea I think you do the right choice by leaving the choice to mission maker to add the EH hit and killed for TACTEvents. Your units looks allready nice but with the TACTEvents weapon smoke effect it's nicer :).

cya.

Nikiller.

Good idea. TACTEvents are very nice but sometimes they increase lag. Having an option to enable or disable them (for example via game logics) would be great for mission makers who could choose between graphic immersion of mission or it's level of complication and scale.

Great news! There are many winter island that are waiting for WW4 mod ;)

One question: will Desert Malden and Everon come back in 2.5? I'm not on the verge of dl'ing full 1.0 modpack only to have them :p, so I'll wait to next full release.

Yes, the desert islands should come back too for 2.5 (as it was the point of having desert camo for the soldiers), once i get the motivation and time to work on them again, so certainly will take a while due to my free time eaten by lots of other things.

Hopefully, IF i can get to complete some winter camo, there will be a winter island too.

But anyways, 2.5 is not coming "soon", i work very slowly on it so i can't imagine a release date for now, there's too much on my todo list before considering it ready.

In the meantime i will release a version 2.5 soon, probably in a few days so i can test it a bit more.

Don't get too excited, it will be a "bugfix" version in which i think i have fixed all the bugs i could that have been reported since release 2.1, but there should not be new contents (as most of what i'm working on is nowhere near being ready even in an alpha unstable release.)

"2.5" has worked very well in MP, both with OFP and with CWA when i tested with friends, it has allowed me to fix some errors that appeared only in MP, it should be the most solid release of the ww4 mod so far.

Should be good enough while waiting for when i'll get what i called 2.5 previously, finally complete, something that should happen sometime in the upcoming 20 years.

WW4 3.0 should be the one with the new content.

I'll try to get a ECP version of the config too, should not be too difficult hopefully.

Edited by Sanctuary

Great news, Sanc. ECP integration in 3.0 would an awesome improvement, compared to all previous versions. But, as I've understood from what you said, it won't come fast, right? Sounds like in autumn, targeting Oct-Nov release. Am I right?

Actually, I wanted to ask about WW4 servers on OFP MP. Is there anyone alive running at least one of them? I would like to join a group, which is dedicated to get some realistic fun someday. Just call me in with PM or so.

LOL !!!

But anyways, 2.5 is not coming "soon", i work very slowly on it so i can't imagine a release date for now

Two weeks later :

In the meantime i will release a version 2.5 soon, probably in a few days so i can test it a bit more.

I am always filled with admiration for your "slowly work",

the Sanctuary Touch ! :notworthy:

While browsing through the GRAA thread I found screenshot of early WW4 Omon soldiers:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7974/dfgdgdgdif2.jpg

In few posts you've mentioned that patches like this, and other insignias are planned for more variety in WW4 units. Have you started realizing this plan? If not, will you do it in future?

No, i removed those kind of patches from my original plans because it would then become a real world existing troop.

Leading me to have to try to get more accuracy in their outfit instead of going the way i want and see fit thanks to using fictional ww4 setting.

I finished to rework the desert malden with lybia vegetation, by fixing the problems there was with it and by renaming and repathing models/pbo to get only the files i needed without the bunch of other models and textures that were in the dma lybia package.

This will allow to run DMA lybia with WW4, while avoiding some possible conflicts.

I think that was the last of my bugfixing for ww4 2.5 , a release should not be too far.

So if you have noticed a problem with ww4 and would like to see it fixed, be sure to report it now if you haven't, as i only fixed what i noticed myself and what people have reported to me through this thread (at least what i could fix).

I don't know if it was reported, but Everon's AH-64 and their APCs seem to have West pilots (Apache) and Resistance crew (instead of Everon Alliance ones).

Helo crew should be fixed.

For the grenade bouncing/delayed unfortunately i have not been able to find the reason of why they made the game crash sometime, so they're not back from graa.

Erm, I was wondering how to change the vanilla Helo crew back to the non-mask state?

I find it kinda distracting when Sam Nichols in the CWC captive mission still walks around like Darth Vader. :D

Oh, yes, that's what I though too. I'd be great for upcoming update to have pilot without oxygen mask. I think the easiest way will be making 'mask' selection on the model, and then have it hidden in config.

At least, that's what I'm doing for my small WW4 extension... ;)

I've made pilot model without oxygen mask for helo crew sometime ago (based on Sancturay ones). Maybe this should be somewhere in this thread.

I've made pilot model without oxygen mask for helo crew sometime ago (based on Sancturay ones). Maybe this should be somewhere in this thread.

Wasn't that the one which just added new pilot variants?

I was actually looking for a vanilla WW4 non-mask replacer.:D

Heeellllloooo,

I've been away from OFP for a little bit but Im starting to get back into it again. I just wanted to confirm something: Im pretty sure that WW4 2.1 will work without upgrading to Cold War Assault. Will all the futre WW4 upgrade work with OFP 1.96?

Thanks and I look forward to the future update!

Wasn't that the one which just added new pilot variants?

I was actually looking for a vanilla WW4 non-mask replacer.:D

Before Sanctuary would release next version of WW4 maybe you should try to change pilot model by yourself or use made by me if you like (if it still exists in Internet).

Addonis pilot addon is available here :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1787030&postcount=121

(The megaupload mirror is always up.)

I've been away from OFP for a little bit but Im starting to get back into it again. I just wanted to confirm something: Im pretty sure that WW4 2.1 will work without upgrading to Cold War Assault. Will all the futre WW4 upgrade work with OFP 1.96?

Yes, the WW4 mod 2.1 and the very soon upcoming WW4 mod 2.5 are working as well in 1.96 as in 1.99 .

Talking about desert islands, your troops should be able to run, along with the old Everon desert version (with CWC vegetation), on a 2nd version with the CWC vegetation replaced by Lybia island one too, in the same way i did for the Malden one.

I'm not finished with it yet (very tedious and long to break the "aligned" pattern of the forest blocks that i replaced with single coconut palms), but it's on the good way, i think that's the last thing on my todo list for the 2.5 release.