Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

I noticed another bug in the animations. There is no animation for picking up gear or planting satchel charges when holding a missile launcher. Is this also an engine limit? I realise the missile launcher animations are pretty limited, as you can't even crouch or prone normally without special key combinations.

Edited by Rellikki

It's possible it is one of the ofp limitations regarding the animations, i have tried to add in the WeaponActions class the missing putdown and takeflag entries.

Then made, like for the handgun a new WeaponPutDownActions with similar entries and defined the animations classes accordingly.

But ingame if i use the put down action while carrying a launcher, the guy automatically put the launcher on the back then put down something, despite i don't see anything in the new classes i defined telling the game to have the soldier putting the launcher on the back before, the connectto and from do not point anywhere else than to the Weapon animation class.

Maybe there's some way to get it working correctly, but i don't have any idea how unfortunately.

Edited by Sanctuary

Sanc real quick question, im trying to get the ww4 ecp version to use the dma animations so it will work with 3148 units and i can see the ecp effects with 3148. The entire scope of which would be a nice mod, we'll talk about that later as the campaign im working on is coming to a close, anyhow, i want to mix all of them dma, ww4 and ECP, where do i put the dma file, and please pm me asking what im talking about as far as that idea for a mod goes.

Put the dma own anim.pbo into the mod " Dta " folder, but i'm not sure why it would make your mod work with ww4-ecp if it's not working with the actual ww4 anim.pbo

Unfortunately i don't have much time in my hand for other mods contributions, i have already barely enough time to work on ww4.

well, my units work with dma animations almost entirely, and ww4 units are just units. with ecp, ww4 units, and dma animations i can still have use my units and the ww4 units with ecp. not that complicated. when pulled off, quite nice.

sorry for late asking

sometime binoculars did't work for me,

You have to press v after you press b if the binocular view does not show like a weapon.

STGN

Mentionning the binoculars, are you guys finding this usefull or should i put it back to how it works in default OFP ?

As i can't find a way to get moving with binocular in hand to work in the CfgMoves, i made this so you could scan your surrounding without needing to put down your binocs.

I've certainly found it useful. I have it in my WGL setup, as well. I'd say keep it and provide instructions for its reversal, if some folks want the vanilla function.

You have to press v after you press b if the binocular view does not show like a weapon.

STGN

thanks for info.:)

I also find the option to press v on binoculars to be very use full when trying to watch a larger area or when having enemies nearby.

STGN

I find the current WW4 binoculars very useful. I agree with Anguis.

Mentionning the binoculars, are you guys finding this usefull or should i put it back to how it works in default OFP ?

Definitely a keeper.

It's a very handy way of scanning the distance while

quickly popping back to check you're not being out-flanked.

What really would be useful is automatically going into optics when switching from gun to bino (first time) but that's Fwatch-only.

sorry ,i need you help . i failed to make my ww4ecp config. Could you send yours to my emai, thnx!

Thnx, but when i extract WW4-ECPtestCFG.rar, it shows The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. I don't know how it is.

From which mirror did you downloaded ?

I just tested the sendspace one and the archive is not corrupted. So just try another mirror.

Although some sites like sendspace〠megaupload I cannot link, the file on gamefront and duckload have been corrupted.

Too bad you can't download from mediafire, sendspace or megaupload, they're always very solid hosting.

So you can download from gamefront, uploaded it again with an added useless test.txt file inside so gamefront would inderstand it's a new archive and would not like to the previously uploaded file.

so go to this page

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20399651/WW4-ECPtestCFG3.rar

and click on the Download Now.

I tested the download and the file i downloaded is ok.

It's ok. Thank you very much. And I know why the .rar file I downloaded previously indicated "damaged", because I downloaded it with the thunder , one of download tools.

Edited by Laukhan