Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

@Killer27

I meant ww4_trp , not ww4_wrp, my bad.

For information about replacements, check this as i already replied to you in another thread :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1743478&postcount=1084

@-Run-

wrong thread, you may want to have posted this in the WW2 MP one.

Ah...now i see, I'll give it a try...thanks! :)

EDIT: Could you also make a sound and weapon replacement?

Edited by Killer27

No, the ww4 mod is not a replacement mod, there are already lots of them and you can always try to make your own.

@San

how to back sound in this mod,i mean when soldiers speak.

Sanctuary, I have a question which I hope won't be too difficult to answer.

Rather than using the whole mod pack as such, I added the new units, the weapon pack associated with them, and the default replacement crew and pilots to my heavily customized ECP folder.

I'm already using an older animation pack of yours which I don't want to switch from. There is no version number, but this is what it says at the top of the readme:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dynamic Mission Alliance Animation Replacement pack -NEXTGEN- FINAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------
by Sanctuary
19 July 2006

It replaces most animations with much nicer ones, though it doesn't incorporate leaning or rolling, that suits me fine. On the other hand, it doesn't change the handgun animations at all, and the default handgun animations are rather jerky and ugly, as you know. The handgun animations in the latest WW4 pack, on the other hand, are very nice and fluid.

So, I decided I would like to use the handgun animations from the latest version of WW4 in conjunction with the aforementioned DMA pack, but minus the crouch walk, lean and rolling abilities (so the handgun animations would be consistent with the others, you understand.), but I'm not quite sure what to do to accomplish this. I surmised that the new animations for the handguns are in ww4_pistolanims.pbo, but I expect that some config editing is required to point the new animations contained therein. I had a look at the WW4 config.cpp to try to figure out a way, but I'm a bit in over my head. :(

tl;dr version: How would I go about replacing the default handgun animations for standing, crouching, laying prone, walking and sprinting with those from the new WW4 pack, but leaving all of the other animations as they are?

This is my ECP config, just in case having access to it might help in any way...

I know this is a strange question, why shouldn't I use the new pack in its entirety and be done with it, right? Well, what can I say? I'm fickle. You know how subjective these things can be. :o

I'll understand if you don't want to assist, but if you could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful. :)

By the way, huge respect for what you're doing, it gives me a glad feeling to know that people are still creating quality material for this great game.

Are you using the DMA pistol animations ?

They should be consistent with the DMA animations if i remember well.

Without replacing the whole CfgMovesMC section of your modified config by the one of the ww4 mod, i believe there is no way to benefit fully of the current WW4 pistols animations, the ww4 pistol animations are way too tied into the other existing animation for me to figure out how to extract them in a single easy to use config.

You can try to replace the .rtm files that are inside the DMA pistol anim PBO file by the ones that are inside ww4_pistolanim.pbo, as hopefully i kept the same name for the .rtm

Are you using the DMA pistol animations ?

They should be consistent with the DMA animations if i remember well.

No, they completely escaped my attention until now.

You can try to replace the .rtm files that are inside the DMA pistol anim PBO file by the ones that are inside ww4_pistolanim.pbo, as hopefully i kept the same name for the .rtm

I did this -- one file at a time, just to be careful -- and it works like a charm! I've tested out all of the animations relating to handguns, and it works well. Only the animations for switching from handguns to primary weapons are a bit twitchy, but it's minor and barely noticeable.

Thank you, Sanctuary, for such a rapid and helpful reply! :D

Tanks are not on my current work list, they will be eventually worked on for future version, probably next year.

The current plan is to finalize WW4 Modpack 2.5, fix bugs discovered so i can provide alternative ECP working config, completing everything that was not yet ready and so not included in 2.1.

Is it OK to use WW4BIS in CSLA mod or expect conflicts while using both mods ?

If CSLA has its own config, yes it will create incompatibilities.

It is very rare that running 2 mods in the same time if they feature each their own config will stay fully compatible.

Great mod, units, weapons, effects:) didnt read the previos comment so dont know if anyone told you about the Binocular bug...anyway i was courious can you make the conf. file for the units to use the same engageing distance as default units in Ofp (around 220m)

Its a bit frustrating to play any missions because enemy units are a little to acurate at distances like 500-600 meters...especialy if the mission is set at sunset or night where is wery difficault to see an enemy soldier even trough a Acog optic and the enemy can see me with no problem and shoot me from a long way (units in my team start to shoot enemy and i can even see them, all i see is trasers and when a bullet hits me i see in kill-cam that i was shoot by a soldier at distances over 600 meter)

i know that its more realistic, but still this is a game and wee have to rely on our eye vission to spot the enemy (and i play the game on 1600x900 so my graphic is smooth) and the enemy can see me as soon as i leave the cover and shoot me very quickly and from long distances...

I tested a lot of mission an its realy frustrating to play this way-onley battles in citys are ok because its close combat but on a open ground AI i in advatage

What is the binocular bug ?

I guess he forgot to press the 'V'-key (or whatever is bound to use optics).

That's certainly it, maybe i should have added this new way to use the binoculars to the documentation.

Hello Sanctuary. I'm not sure that is a bug but long time ago I've noticed that some medics in your pack doesn't have this little red cross picture on their backs. Those troops: West Spec Ops medic, East: CT medic, Recon medic, Shadow Ops medic and Everon army: Recon and Specops medic. Also medics in Mercs group and Guerilla are without red cross. I've tested those soldiers only in desert versions so I don't know that woodland has the same problem.

Thanks for the report, these are bugs i didn't noticed, i must have forgotten to add the medic "face" on the models.

Will have to fix that.

Edited by Sanctuary

Tanks are not on my current work list, they will be eventually worked on for future version, probably next year.

The current plan is to finalize WW4 Modpack 2.5, fix bugs discovered so i can provide alternative ECP working config, completing everything that was not yet ready and so not included in 2.1.

sorry to request this workload but could you include a SLX+ECP+WW4 config? or work GL3+wounds into ecp?

After playing slx+wargames it bothers me running around a battlefield and not hearing anyone scream, see guys squirming on the ground, or seeing people drag their buddys to safety.

There will be an ECP version with the 2.5 release.

I wanted to do one for the 2.1 release but i need to fix some bugs in the CfgMovesMC class first.

I don't plan an SLX version, it is not stable enough on my computer to know which bugs are SLX ones that i can't fix, and which ones are related to my work.

sorry to press the issue, perhaps you could just include Group like 3+ the wounding system? The stable issues related to SLX was the wounded vehical model changes IIRC. GL3+Wounds made slx. could you atleast look into them?

@Newabortion

I'm usnig highly modified SLX mod and I think all those SLX stuff is slowing OFP a little. WW4 mod is made to be friendly for OFP perfomance so giving SLX features to this mod is bad idea. If you want you can changing your config or addons configs and using values from WW4. You can add infantry from Sanctuary mod. This way you can have your SLX mod with all those WW4 great things.

okay can i just ask if you could do a llauma facetext version of your troops, i would fall desparately in love with you, i know that your idea is to make a big mod to run nice looking troops that dont bum your computer, but if you made a heavier version i would just love you.... and you would surpass every modded soldier in ofp in my eyes... i spose im begging now but PLEEEZ

@Swot

In Sanc's signature you'll see a link to his modder resources. My advice would be to have a go at putting Llauma's heads on the models yourself.

Chops is giving a very good advice, as converting every models head to Llauma's head is not a part of my plans.