Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.1

I have plans for rocket launchers.

I am not sure yet if i will allow them to shoot at helos, as the AI may not be able to understand that it could be a good idea to spare a few rocket if armored vehicles are encountered later.

Having every of your AT soldiers wasting all their unguided rockets in trying to hit a helo could be a problem.

Will have to think about this.

For ECP-like chatters, when i will have gathered enough bug reports and fixed them for the patch, there should then be an ECP version of the config, to allow the user to play with every ECP features.

well i don't mean to give away any future hints, but having an invasion where you send in choppers to get them to fire rockets at you before moving in armor might be a great tactical idea in oh say a ww4 campaign......:rolleyes:;)

I am not sure yet if i will allow them to shoot at helos, as the AI may not be able to understand that it could be a good idea to spare a few rocket if armored vehicles are encountered later.

Having every of your AT soldiers wasting all their unguided rockets in trying to hit a helo could be a problem.

You could do like they did in JAM - Configure different kinds of rockets. JAM had anti-personnel, anti-tank and anti-air rockets which the AI would use accordingly. This would also give the mission editor an option if one doesn't want the AI to shoot at choppers with rocket launchers by simply not giving them those kind of rockets.

Hmm, yes making different kind of AT ammos that a mission maker would "addmagazine" depending on his mission situation could work.

Yes, that's how you allow (or not if equal to 0) an ammo (bullet/missile) to target aircraft for the AI.

That will get the guy to target aircraft, but whether on not he fires depends on these settings:

minRange =0.5

minRangeProbab=0.5

midRange=100

midRangeProbab=0.8

maxRange=450

maxRangeProbab=0.05

If the aircraft is flying out of the ranges specified or the hit probablity is low he will never fire.

There's more than range and probabilities involved.

1st you need the target armor to be less than 10 times the ammo damage.

2nd if bullets are used, you need the helicopter to have 1000 accuracy in their config.

Put accuracy 1000 and every helicopter will become a target instead of being ignored like they are in default OFP.

3rd you need the ammo used to have airlock=1; or the ammo will never be used to target air.

I'm not a drop expert, the big explosion from the artillery/airstrike in the mission helper is the best effect i can do unfortunately.

Edited by Sanctuary

I have plans for rocket launchers.

For ECP-like chatters, when i will have gathered enough bug reports and fixed them for the patch, there should then be an ECP version of the config, to allow the user to play with every ECP features.

Can you also give diferent models to actual ones? I mean they have common law models and RPGs maybe you can change them for LSR LAW model and ICP RPG model?

It was part of the plan to have specific models for the ww4 launchers, just didn't get the time to do it yet.

Totally forgot about that, will do soon.

Awesome. Thanks a lot :)

Was quicker to do than i thought, so here it is.

For people that for whatever reasons would want only BIS default values/content/ammo values/ranges/etc... but would like to have the WW4 animations, here is a mini-mod that should come in handy for them.

Mirrors

------

http://www.mediafire.com/?u93812lnrn0vj6o

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSZBK4RS

Once you have downloaded the archive " @ww4bis22.rar " , open it with winrar and extract the folder named

@ww4bis22

Put this folder in your OFP directory, usually it is in :

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

Create a new OFP shortcut and right click on it, and select "Properties"

On the shortcut properties, notice a line named "Target"

At the very end of this line, add :

-nomap -nosplash -mod=@ww4bis22

Click OK, now you can use this shortcut to play with the mini-mod.

Another interest of this mini mod is if you want to build your own config replacements or build your own mod using the ww4 animations without anything else, as there is nothing from WW4 out of the animations inside those configs should be interesting for you.

NOTE : the animations are more up-to-date than the current ww4mod21 release, i fixed a few minor bugs, like the buggy transition between the Handgun stance to AT and vice versa that will make it to the patch later.

I did not binarized the configs, but don't worry it will not create a problem, as i have added the required enums lines to avoid the infamous "handgun bug".

IMPORTANT : like for any mods that modify the animation classes, do not join a server while having this mod enabled, if the server does not have this mod installed and enabled too.

Awesome work! yet again! This is the only mod (Beside FFUR) that i love to play with over and over! but 1 question...how would i replace the default troops that comes with the pack with the new ones you have here?

Many thanks, Sanctuary, for your mod. I still have OFP installed for this mainly and for OFPDv2 mod. And I like to play it with the island replacement pack.

What about those missions you, snafu and R0adki11 did for the previous versions? Should they be updated?

There were take, Steal Ural, Steal the Boat and a ww4 mission pack iirc.

Edited by Bordic

Classnames have not changed, so missions should always be compatible.

Only the mission set in the desertified ww4 island should not yet because those island were not included in the current ww4 2.1 release, as i am not finished with their rework yet.

Awesome work! yet again! This is the only mod (Beside FFUR) that i love to play with over and over! but 1 question...how would i replace the default troops that comes with the pack with the new ones you have here?

Find the model name you want to use in the ww4_wrp.pbo and modifiy the

model=.....;

line in a soldier class so it looks like

model="\ww4_trp\modelname.p3d";

And such soldier will be replaced by the ww4 trooper you selected.

Out of interest, can you tell us what are your plans for the rework of the desert islands? Are we going to see any radical differences?

is there any way where i can use the radio voices? It feels weird playing with complete silence

Out of interest, can you tell us what are your plans for the rework of the desert islands? Are we going to see any radical differences?

The rework is more about some bug fixing, as i noticed a lot of little things wrong here and there, nothing major.

Out of a surprise or two ;)

is there any way where i can use the radio voices? It feels weird playing with complete silence

In

....Operation Flashpoint\@ww4mod21\bin\RadioEnabled\

there is a config.cpp

Take it and drop it in the place of the config.cpp that is located in

...\Operation Flashpoint\@ww4mod21\bin

But you will lose the more responsive AI in the same time and it will be back to the original but slow to respond to situation AI.

Classnames have not changed, so missions should always be compatible.

Only the mission set in the desertified ww4 island should not yet because those island were not included in the current ww4 2.1 release, as i am not finished with their rework yet.

Find the model name you want to use in the ww4_wrp.pbo and modifiy the

model=.....;

line in a soldier class so it looks like

model="\ww4_trp\modelname.p3d";

And such soldier will be replaced by the ww4 trooper you selected.

....wait...what?

I don't understand....ww4_wrp.pbo??? that isn't there.

Is their a way i could replace the officer with the soldier model? (Please give me detailed instructions...as i am a rookie):rolleyes:

I have this message when I launch the game:

Addon'CoCHWK_2s19'requires addon'CoC_NetworkServices2'

On a different note I was surprised not to find a few addons:

F4U even if they are mentioned in the pack.

A26 Invader from Footmunch

Curtiss SB2C Helldiver from WWIIEC

Grumman J2F

Scud Vosper mtb british boat

Pt Boat from Klink

And I might have missed them but I didn't see the V1 addons from Berlin 1945 and the Balloon barrage.

Maybe I am just spoiled..