Sign in to follow this  
3dartist

Tu-95MS

I personally do sincerely hope for something along the lines of the standards set by Bdfy's & Volksturm's Fagot addon (texture-wise).

It's sad to see so many planes/choppers out there, with a just solid-gray texture and thick-lined normals....

The normals are a common mistake. Panel lines should not be added to the normal map at all cost because a 1px black panel line in diffuse = 3 pixel panelline in normals. Instead its better to leave them as a black line only n the diffuse. It is nice though to show some panel warping and bulging.

tu95headercomplited.jpg

Daily Report "DAY 12"

Hi all,

I see most of you here getting worried about the status of Tu-95MS project =)

Thats why i came here to make some status update.

Yes i`ve not posted any update for about a week , this is beacause i had not much to post.

About 2,5 days ago i finally got my hands on texturing after making lots of research in applying different tools into my pipeline like Mari/Bodypaint to speed up my texturing process and gain maximum quality.Lets say i was studing these programs =)

I also was working on assets for texturing making all kind of brushes to use them then in 3d paint tools.Now i have chosen the best way to texture the Bear and have chosen the software i`m gonna use.

The model will get 2 types of textures:

-Game Ready (Arma 2 with max res 4k textures for some parts)

-VFX/Movie Ready (HQ model + 12k textures package) for sale then on Turbosquid.

I had not much work to do today at my internship ,so i`ve drawn by hand these tires textures in Photoshop they aren`t done yet =) I don`t want to rush on texturing ,because i wanna get the best texture detail.So it looks very real.

Here are the first images (on 800 pixel you won`t see much detail , you have to see it in 1920 wich are not supported by forum):

671i.jpg

681q.jpg

68game1.jpg

Edited by 3DArtist

sorry, I wasn't worried, just curious :) and im addicted to addons. those textures look amazing so i think they count as lasting me a while before i need another hit. i can see why you do this professionally those engine vents look amazing

Damn those tires looks like a photo :butbut: I can already see this will be the best addon of this year. Keep up the good work Oleg!

Texturing is even more work then modelling, but I'll be patient because I can see you got a talent.

The texturing of the wheels and engine vents is brilliant. Can't say anything negative about this addon so far:bounce3::)

Sooo to get a better textured model we have to buy it?

eh yes ,but anyway 12k textures are too much big for arma or any other game engine :p

btw Oleg nice work ,but make those 4k textures sharp /to not be blurry due of resizing/

Edited by RobertHammer

ah ok i just needed confirmation as i havent heard of turbosquid before so i goggled it, the Bear looks amazing at 4k anyway so im not so bothered by the higher res model.

I`m gonna sale this model at turbosquid later for people who want to use it in their cg movies , the arma community will get it for free anyway :) except that textures 12k are not support in game so i won`t includ them in arma 2 package if they were supported arma2 community would get it for free as i said ,let say arma 2 will get the best/most of Tu-95MS as long as it will work properly/optimized ingame, i`m placing always my final stuff on turbosquid there are lots of studios and people who buy for using it in their projects , like Ka-50 got sold for about 7 times and it brings me some small income that help me in some situations realy much if im running out of money lol :) I`m a student yet not a 24/7 Pro worker :)

Edited by 3DArtist

Looking good Oleg :)

I also support and understand the turbosquid move. :)

One thing Oleg - i see you made Mi24 before and dont you have plans to make Mi35M from it? :p

One thing Oleg - i see you made Mi24 before and dont you have plans to make Mi35M from it? :p

Yep i made it , and it`s almost done as model just have to finishish modeling gauges , UV`s of the rest of the model is totally unwrapped ,except cockpit. So soon if i`m done with Tu-95 texturing i have to find a time to put my hands on Hind to finish it :) But no i`m not planning to make a Mi-35M from this model yet , maybe after i`m done with Hind .There are not that much difference so it won`t make harder for me to modify my Hind.

Oleg

Just incase you decide to make an upgraded version later ;), here are the ones Russia uses or will use

Mi-24VM (export name Mi-35M)

GSh-23I 23mm Autocannon

450x23mm

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aviastar.org/foto/mi-24vm_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/mi-24vm.php&usg=__AkkckDv-895iIWI4uMFzpOw-ewA=&h=268&w=382&sz=33&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=1X7p_UUw3_GnQM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmi-24vm%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

Mi-24VN (Hind-E) — (Mi-35O "Hind-E") A night-attack version based on an Mi-24V in Mi-24VM Stage 1 configuration.

Mi-24PN

GSh-30K-2 Twin 30mm Autocannon

750x30mm

The Russian military has selected this upgraded Mi-24 to be their primary attack helicopter. The PN version has a TV and a FLIR camera located in a dome on the front of the aircraft. Other modifications include using the rotor blades and wings from the Mi-28 and fixed rather than retractable landing gear. The Russians received 14 Mi-24PNs in 2004 and plan on eventually upgrading all of their Mi-24s.

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/moscow_2005_files/day_04_59.jpg

RobertHammer

Mi-35 is only used for export versions of Hinds

Edited by vasmkd

Great work Oleg; the textures look amazing as-is. I can't wait to see some improvement shots.

:)

RobertHammer

Mi-35 is only used as an export name for Hinds

Yeah, mi-35 is the name for export hinds. Doesnt that mean that technically the Takistani and Chernaraus Hinds should all be designated Mi-35?

Personally id like to see these sexy mi-35 hinds that the brazilians recently bought new and are now using to chase drug runners in the amazon

http://www.milavia.net/news/2010/brazilian-air-force-formally-inducts-new-mi-35-into-service-as-ah-2-sabre.html

pictures:

http://www.milavia.net/news/images/123-3-FAB-AH2-Sabre_03_resized.jpg

Oh, and nice work oleg!

Yeah, mi-35 is the name for export hinds. Doesnt that mean that technically the Takistani and Chernaraus Hinds should all be designated Mi-35?

No. The versions the Takis and Chernorussians use is the D and the export name of those was MI-25.

Personally I find the new MI-35 (or VP) to be hideous. They shortened the wings, one of the key characteristics of the bird and also removed its folding landing gear. A Hind just isn't a Hind with it's gear down all the time. :(

No. The versions the Takis and Chernorussians use is the D and the export name of those was MI-25.

Personally I find the new MI-35 (or VP) to be hideous. They shortened the wings, one of the key characteristics of the bird and also removed its folding landing gear. A Hind just isn't a Hind with it's gear down all the time. :(

Agree :)

I just noticed that with the landing gear, what the f...

What i like about those Brazilian ones was how clean and slick they looked compared to older ones used by Russia and the likes. but the landing gear just ruins it!:mad:

oh and thanks for the correction with designation,:)

Hmm... C'mon -Martin-, What would those 3rd world countries be suppose to do with the Bear?

Seriously... Old fighter aircraft is Ok, but a strategic bomber...

Nothing personal, but vote 120% against such ideas

Takistan or Chernarus? Ilyushin-28 shall be sufficient and believable in case of these (although a bit too old maybe)

Edited by topas

Hmm... C'mon -Martin-, What would those 3rd world countries be suppose to do with the Bear?

Seriously... Old fighter aircraft is Ok, but a strategic bomber...

Nothing personal, but vote 120% against such ideas

Takistan or Chernarus? Ilyushin-28 shall be sufficient and believable in case of these (although a bit too old maybe)

yeah, the tu-95 never got exported anyway, and the thing is proabbly too complex for any small countries like chernaraus or takistan to maintain!

Hm good points guys :blush: Ok, never mind about the reskin

Hm good points guys :blush: Ok, never mind about the reskin

Btw Tu-95MS have got only single skin known at the moment, the alluminium look :)