Sign in to follow this  
3dartist

Tu-95MS

tu95headercomplited.jpg

Modeling: CHECK (page 19)

UV unwrapping : CHECK(page 21)

Texturing : WIP

Hi folks,

It`s been a long time since i`ve shown up on this forum.You might know me also as Oleg-Russia.

I`ve modeled the Ka-50 Hokum that rstratton have imported into Arma 2 and he keeps working on it.

I still love Arma , after flying "Wings of Russia Il-76" i was inspired by the plane and it`s wide actions menu.But i don`t like the model , so i though about creating some real russian jet/plane that Arma 2 haven`t seen yet in High qualiy.

Something you really can use in combat .Something beautifull, and somthing you`ll enjoy with your frind and have lots of fun.

So i came up with the idea of modeling the Tu-95MS BEAR :) Some serious strategic bomber :)

I hope to finish modeling of exterior within 1.5 weeks depends on free time that i`ll have, interior will take probable less or same amount of time to model.

After i`m done with modeling/uv`s/texturing i`ll hand over my final model with all lods/passes/textures(specular,AO,etc) to one of a Community teams who will realise my idea to live(and will deliver a high quality mod, hope some you modders who`s reading this can finish my stuff later,because i`m not very familiar with Arma 2 Editing tools).

In this thread you`ll be able to follow the current status of this project.

I`ve also a quastion to the community ,if some of you have pictures of (Rear gunner cockpit/3d-perspective blueprints) please feel free to post or PM me.

Thx for your cooperation:)

P.S. What are the limits of Poly`s & tri`s for external meshes and interior mesh?

Oleg Kovalev or just call me 3DArtist

Some more of my work at

www.oleg-kovalev.com

mayatu95.jpg

Edited by 3DArtist

Nice. Gonna be really sweet to shot it down / bomb the hell out of BLUFOR with it...

Can't wait.

I was allways looking forward to seing the Bear in these games :P I have some good photo's of the cockpit knocking about somewhere if you want?

Excellent work 3DArtist! I can already see how cool this will be in cold war missions. Make sure you finish this :smile:

You can also make the Antonov 225 after if you feel like it :biggrin:

Very impressive! Your work is of an amazing standard. I cannot begin to image the work put into these projects. I certainly look forward to this one!

Edited by Hellfire257

It`s been a long time since i`ve shown up on this forum.You might know me also as Oleg-Russia.

i don't want to sound weird here, but if you don't remember the pass for the other account, you should contact a moderator to merge your profiles.

So i came up with the idea of modeling the Tu-95MS BEAR :) Some serious strategic bomber :)

I hope to finish modeling of exterior within 1.5 weeks depends on free time that i`ll have, interior will take probable less or same amount of time to model.

After i`m done with modeling/uv`s/texturing i`ll hand over my final model with all lods/passes/textures(specular,AO,etc) to one of a Community teams who will realise my idea to live(and will deliver a high quality mod, hope some you modders who`s reading this can finish my stuff later,because i`m not very familiar with Arma 2 Editing tools).

Looking forward to it

P.S. What are the limits of Poly`s & tri`s for external meshes and interior mesh?

32k points per LOD. It also depends if smooth groups are hard or flowing

Nice work Oleg. The Tu-95MS would be a cool addition

I also like the Su-37 on ur site, any chance of this one too ;)

Wasn't it these that flew over the UK? D:

Nice looking model, good luck with it.

Wasn't it these that flew over the UK? D:

Yeah it was :biggrin: funny how that investigation about Litvinienko just went quiet after that.

Hey people ! I see a bear flying up there !!! :D

Thanx ! Good luck for your work !

Congrats - looking forward to seeing this. What kind of payload does it have onboard?

Congrats - looking forward to seeing this. What kind of payload does it have onboard?

Hey Oleg it would be cool it you added the ability for the Tuplojev to drop an atomic bomb, so maybe have a "Tu-95MS" and "Tu-95MS (with atom bomb)" ready to be placed in the editor. I'm sure one has been made for ArmA2 already so you could use that.

I know there was an atom bomb for OFP.

I know there was an atom bomb for OFP.

I think Mando's missiles have now included Gig's scud nuke. Mando's provides agood base also for countermeasures, and the nuke effect was pretty good.

Would be nice to have other bomb options, the normal bombs and the FOAB!

Erm cruise missile's for a modern load plz! Dude the other models on your site are awesome.... Would be nice to see that t-90 to replace the current *Shifty look around*

Our scripter can arrange that... when the Tsar explodes your screen will go black and ArmA will ctd... :D

Our scripter can arrange that... when the Tsar explodes your screen will go black and ArmA will ctd... :D

lol but its worth that!

How bout we have cows or sheeps instead of bombs. Too bad Peta will notice it clearly.