Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Merging islands in Visitor 3 - it is possable?

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this ask been asked before but I didn't manage to find an answer so maybe I'm the first one to ask :tongue:

Basically I want to merge two islands in Visitor 3 like it was possible to do in Wrp Tool, the only problem is that I already have a lot of objects on the existing island so I want to place the island beside the original one without disturbing the original island.

Is it possible to somehow do this?

Hi Martin...

Let me see if I understand what you're trying to do correctly...

You have an existing island - you effectively want to merge another heightmap into that one - into some area of empty ocean or something... You have objects on the primary island, but NOT on the new secondary one being merged in?

If thats the case, you're basically just merging heightmaps... you can do that in L3DT... depending on the size of the heightmap, you may either be able to use the downloadable "lite" version, or just apply to Aaron for a 3 month demo of the full pro version...

You can choose an "offset" (x, y and even z), and target the incoming heightmap to the area you want it to be, plus - I think - you can choose whether to replace whats there with the new height info, or "merge/blend" the two...

I've never actually tried that, but the options are certainly there - looks straightforward enough... just a question of exporting the existing terrain from visitor - import into L3DT using the exact same max and min height values - import the second terrain, setting x and y offsets to position the incoming terrain where you want it - re-export the terrain, again using the exact same min and max height values, and re-import into Visitor - once more using those exact same values...

As long as the original islands coordinates aren't changed, you shouldnt have any problems with the existing objects...

**edit**

nearly forgot... L3DT

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Thanks Bushlurker,

I'll try it out, it does sound complicated but hopefully it will work, its disappointing that BIS didn't include this function in Visitor 3. I'll post my progress later.

This may be a bit noob-ish of me to ask, but considering that Arma is mod friendly I was wondering if it is possible to merge Chernarus and Utes Island. I just plan on placing Utes Island off the coast of Chernarus for large scale missions for personal use. If possible, how would i go about doing this (locating files, opening files, editting, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

I wanted to unite the A1 projects: Ramadi, Yanutha and Barbuda. Ramadi would be used as a staging area. Aussie and Wedge gave me permission to convert both their islands to A2 but... Barbuda got lost in HD crash, while Aussie is busy with RL to send it over.

So my latest project Massacra (it gets out soon after the release of Lingor) is a smaller project featuring Ramadi + new detailed island for coop missions with smaller squads. Goal? To make a very beautiful green island ;)