Sign in to follow this  
idan1356

Multiplayer problem

I bought the game from steam 2 months ago

evrything was fine untill now. i dont know why but i dont see servers on the servers list.

But when i choose "remote" and enter a server IP i am able to conect the server normaly.

what i need to do to make the servers back again to the list? :j:

(by the way, i checked the filters manny time and its not the problem, and my internet is working fine)

thanks for help

Just a stab in the dark, have you tried updating to the latest patch?

Originally posted by Gunter Severloh

To check to see if you have the latest patch which you dont is just go ingame,

and look at the bottem right on the menu, it should say your game name,

and then underneath it will say what version.

to get patches and everyhing else game related for downloads go here:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=files

click on the box for the game you got and the patches download will be on the bottem left.

Edited by RomeoSierra

Carefull if you're going to patch a steam game. Make sure what you're doing is compatible.

Simple check, have you checked that the box in the bottom left corner of your server browser is saying "INTERNET" and not "LAN"?

I just downloaded the BAF DLC today, and A2OA is all patched up, and I am also having this problem. I see no servers on the list, no matter what options I toggle.

Simple check, have you checked that the box in the bottom left corner of your server browser is saying "INTERNET" and not "LAN"?

What he said, as when you go to mp it will be on lan first, so click the button to change it to server, and a list should come up.

Check to see if any firewall, spyware, antivirus, and the liek is on and or conflicting with your ability to see servers show up.

theres also the Rpt if you can find it, which will show you all errors ad anything else that is or isn't loading,

its basically a log, if you try to go on mp and then look at the RPt what does it tell you?

You can find the Rpt

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

open it with a notepad

Check to see if any firewall, spyware, antivirus, and the liek is on and or conflicting with your ability to see servers show up.

theres also the Rpt if you can find it, which will show you all errors ad anything else that is or isn't loading,

its basically a log, if you try to go on mp and then look at the RPt what does it tell you?

You can find the Rpt

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2

open it with a notepad

I have the same problem, and this is what my .rpt file says (I bought the game from Gamersgate, digital download, Arma2+OA+BAF):

=====================================================================

== D:\Spel\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "D:\Spel\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=BAF

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/29 09:55:33

Current time: 2010/09/12 11:18:24

Version 1.54.72888

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

seems like some missing files here, this is AFTER I reinstalled the game twice.:confused:

Edited by Rockas
wrong version

Any idea how to fix this?

I bought the BAF on release day and havn´t been able to play it online since then, really annoying.

Usually I get kicked from the servers and sometimes banned too, no other mods installed and I have the latest Battleye too.

Yeah the only sollution I can see right now is to reinstall everything except for the BAF DLC to be able to play the game online again, and that sucks big time :(

what's your antivirus ? F-secure ?

start the game (in case of steam version also steam) "as administrator"!

is there a problem with gamespy because i dont get any servers in my list at all...i was playing oa last night and today i cant get any servers to list...ive removed my filters and my game is updated to latest patch....my net is fine(i wouldnt be able to post here if it wasnt :)..)...so any suggestions

Squadie;1749086']is there a problem with gamespy because i dont get any servers in my list at all...i was playing oa last night and today i cant get any servers to list...ive removed my filters and my game is updated to latest patch....my net is fine(i wouldnt be able to post here if it wasnt :)..)...so any suggestions

I can't see servers in server list too. Also I can't conect to server by dedicated. All warfare servers are almost empty. It's seems that all players can't join the game. Gamespy problem?

Same problem here! .. was playing yesterday ... today no servers show up in serverlist.

Tried the Troubleshooting guide solution...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting#Can.27t_connect_on_servers

..still the same..

I use no antivirus or firewall software.. and the windows firewall is turned off.

(windows xp sp3)

any ideas?

EDIT:

After some searching on the matter, it seems that this IS a Gamespy problem and it is not the first time it happens, and ARMA is not the only game which had such problems. They say it has something to do with their Master Server Query .. I dont even know what that means ..

Gamespy even have a special topic on their forums, where volunteers report which games are offline. Check it out:

http://forums.gamespy.com/action_gaming/b50683/20206805/p1

I already posted about our problem. I just hope this whole thing will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Edited by Jason.xax
Additional info

what's your antivirus ? F-secure ?

start the game (in case of steam version also steam) "as administrator"!

No I use Avira, but I have tried to disable it and run as admin but no difference.

I see a few servers when I press the multiplayer button, but on the left side there is a yellow ?-mark, used to be green when I played arma2 and OA, so clearly something is wrong.

Squadie;1749086']is there a problem with gamespy because i dont get any servers in my list at all...i was playing oa last night and today i cant get any servers to list...ive removed my filters and my game is updated to latest patch....my net is fine(i wouldnt be able to post here if it wasnt :)..)...so any suggestions

I wasn't able to see the servers in the lobby earlier today either and I have a non-Steam version of Combined Ops. However the problem seems to be fixed now. ;)

Problem is fixed. It must have surely been Gamespy problem :)

So we should know next time.

Have good gaming lads!

I would suggest turning all the background programs off, firewall, antivirus,

any other programs ones you really dont need on while playing the game unless

you have steam version of the game and try the game.

Be sure you HD is defragged, you dont have any registry errors, your internet is optimized,

you have no viruses, no spyware, no maleware,

no adware, any other wares I miss :p