Sign in to follow this  
Caxton Gibbet

Gibbet's Copy My Stance Version 4.0

Copy My Stance V 4.1

By Caxton Gibbet

Fixed: Left side Command menu will now close after a Stance order has been given.Minor fix for the keypress version only.

DOWNLOAD.

MediaFire

Armaholic

armedassault.info Old Version

Description.

This addon will make a players AI team copy the players stance.

It would seem that the "Keep Low" command is not entirely a "copy my stance" order as

indicated by the vocal command sometimes associated with a "Keep Low" order in game.

In fact when a 'keep low' order is issued to a unit parseing the 'Unitpos unit' command on that

unit returns the value "AUTO".

AI units will copy a prone or standing stance.I wanted them to also copy a crouch stance.

This addon may be rendered obsolete by future game patches.

The scripts Detect Changes in the player's stance and issue updated stance rules to the

players group.Any unit in the players group that is under stance rule "AUTO",

'Keep Low' in menu 7,will act on these rule changes.Any unit that has been given any

other stance rule via menu 7 will retain those rules over those issued by the scripts.To

have those units return to the system,you need to issue them a "keep Low" order in menu 7.

New to this version of the addon is the key press control system.

As before the system is ON on ALL the players team at start up if the player is team leader.

You now have the ability to switch the system on and off on individuals or groups of your

team with a key press.

To switch the system OFF for a team member or members simply select them and press your

assigned "copy stance OFF" key.

To switch the system ON for a team member or members simply select them and press your

assigned "copy stance ON" key.

To have a team member or members remain in their current stance select them and press your

assigned "Hold stance" key.

The first selected unit will confirm the command on behalf of all selected units.

The System sleeps while the player is in a vehicle or is not team leader or has no team members.

*REMEMBER,"MENU 7" STANCE ORDERS ALWAYS TAKE PRIORITY.*

*A "MENU 7","KEEP LOW" ORDER WILL RETURN THE UNIT TO THE SYSTEM.*

SETTING UP KEYS.

1.Start the game.

2.Goto "OPTIONS".

3.Goto "CONTROLS".

4.The System watches for Input on 3 keys.You will need 3 keys to Assign to the addon in

the next steps.these keys should be unused.

5.(OPTIONAL):Assign all three keys to "TURBO",about half way down in "ALL CONTROLS", just before "Vehicle Turbo".

WHY? well,if you don't do this you may find that the keys don't function properly when you are prone.

Also,custom key presses maynot be registered while other keys are being pressed, (eg."Move forward").

WHY? I've not a clue! but this is away round both issues.Simply moving your gun around while holding down the

key also solves the Prone issue.

Caution: these three keys should not be used for TURBO while playing.Use your regular key or assign another.

6.Set the key filter to "CUSTOM CONTROLS".

7.Scroll to the very bottom.

8.Assign your three keys:

Key for "Copy Stance ON" is "Use Action 18"

Key for "Copy Stance OFF" is "Use Action 19"

Key for "HOLD Stance" is "Use Action 20"

All Done.

REQUIREMENTS.

You will need the latest version of CBA ('extended_init_eventhandlers')

find it here

LIMITATIONS\ISSUES

The Addon maynot initiate on some custom units.However as long as atleast

one unit within the mission is of a compatable type (eg. any vanilla units)

the addon will initiate on the players unit.

The addon can be forced on within a mission that contains only non compatable units

using the following code somwhere in the mission.

nul = [] execVM "GIB_Copy_Stance\GIB_Copy_Stance_FORCE.sqf";

HISTORY

V.4.1

Fixed: Left side Command menu will now close after an order has been given.Minor fix for the keypress version only.

V.4.0

Fixed: Removed action menu addition which was causing the Issue with armoury mode.

Added: key detection to replace action menu addition.

Added: Ability to switch system on and off for idividual or groups of units.

Added: Ability to command units or groups of units to remain in their current stance.

V.3.01

Fixed: Removed Debug text "RUN" which was left in by mistake.

V.3.0

Added: Support for Prone with launcher animation from SLX and ACE2.(Mods NOT Required).

Fixed: Player static crouch not being seen on mod start up.

V.2.03

Created a Work around for the addons faliure to initiate on some addon units.

-As long as ANY unit type on which the addon initiates is present

in the mission,(eg. ANY vanila units including mounted crew and pilots),then

the addon will initiate on the player.

V.2.02

binarized addon.

V.2.01

Added: checks for player using binoculars and laser designator.

Added: checks for unarmed player.

V.2.00

refined the system and then Re-wrote all scripts in .sqf format.

Fixed: Issues around teamswitch and joining or leaving Groups.

V.1.00

Initial release

Thanks to Bis for a great set of games

and the CBA team for all their work.

Edited by Caxton Gibbet

Thank you!

But question about the "use action 18". I believe that one is used in my custom set-up of Mando Missiles. Can I assign it via another use action, say "Use action 17"?

Hi Manzilla,

I've been thinking of a way to make the "use Action #" keys less exsclusive as I guessed that a conflict may arise with another mod.

As it stands I'm only checking for the three stated keys.

The system sleeps when the player is in a vehicle if thats of any help.

Hi Manzilla,

The system sleeps when the player is in a vehicle if thats of any help.

That may do it. Thanks.

First of all since this arrived I have never removed it :)

Things im confused about ...

"Hold Stance" ... how do you "un hold" them? Is it a case of turning copy stance off/on again only? Or using normal method of copy my stance from the menus BIS defaut way? Could there be a key for exiting hold stance? A quick hold stance "off" would be nice for swift key press/toggle.

Any possibility of an external userconfig version?

Either way this is a great update nice to see it.

Thanks for the replies everyone.I'm glad you find this useful.

I could still use some feedback about OA and CO compatability.

@mrCash2009

At the moment there is no system within the addon for storing who is in what stance\mode.Such a system would have to be introduced to make a quick "un-Hold" key work.This may be introduced later.

As it stands you can either, order them to copy your stance, or return stance control to the AI (CopyStance OFF) or use menu 7.

The idea behind "hold stance" is to allow the player to issue specific stance orders without using menu 7.

@Foxhound

You're very welcome.thanks for the mirrior.

Do people even use the Armory? This system was really useful with the action menu, but having to map three keys and remember which they are kind of does away with the usefulness (effortless on/off) and feedback (flick the mouse wheel, see what mode you're in) of it for the sake of an extremely minor part of the game.

@kylania

Just for you,and anyone else who prefers it,I have fixed a minor script error in the action menu version and included it in the zip file.It still fuctions in the same way and will still break the armoury.Please see the links in the first post.

@Kremator

Sorry mate I don't understand what your asking,please elaborate.

NP mate. So instead of having GIB_Copy_stance.pbo sitting in an addon folder, is it possible to have a script version that sits with the mission so that only the server needs it?

The whole thing started out as a series of scripts that I used in a mission that never realy got further than the editor.

It could be converted back to that state yes.

However, MP compatability has never been a consideration.

If you want to pull the thing apart please feel free.

If you want to pull the thing apart please feel free.

If only I were that talented !

Verry old thread revive and im sorry for this..

Is there any NEWER info on this or newer version

or something else NEWER??

Should be standard practice to COPY leaders stance if not

orderd otherwise...

EDIT: Just saw, its not that old afterall...LOL my bad...

Just thought i would mention, that having "Copy MY Stance" enabled in a mission, not only makes them copy, but they almost always stay together. Even on "Danger" setting. Unless you totally ditch your guys, CMS always makes them all get up and move no matter what they are doing. :yay:

Hi Caxton

Thanks for a great mod - the first one I ever downloaded back in March 2010 & instantly a must-have launch for all missions.

Unfortunately I have problems with this latest version. Using the action key option, I mapped the keys 18-20 to: , . /

(not used for any other command in my profile)

While the addon loads - team members do copy my stance - the keys do not function. I can't tell them to hold stance or turn it off.

With the action menu version, it doesn't appear to load at all. Team members do not copy my stance & there's nothing in the action menu.

I do not get any error messages on launch or on entering a mission whichever version I try to use.

Current setup: XP Pro; v1.07 A2 standalone; CBA 0.6, CBA_A2 0.6

Previous version still works fine so I've reverted to thaT (I never use Armoury anyway).

I would like to use the new features however. Any ideas? Can I provide any other information that might be useful?

BR

Carl

Hi Carl,

First,thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you find the addon useful.

Regarding the Keypress version.

You need to select the team member or members you want to effect.

So,for example, too issue a 'hold stance' order to just units 2 and 5,first, select both units via the F-keys then press your assigned 'Hold Stance' key.

As for your issue with the Action Menu version,I don't know what to tell you realy.Just tested it in my game and its working fine.

There is a Known issue with regard to it failing to run on one or maybe two community made troop addons.

Hi Victim913,

Not sure how much this addon has to do with what you've been seeing,the code is very simple and only affects the stance,no move orders or anything remotly todo with altering the AI.

Either way, I'm glad you find using it adds to your enjoyment of the game.

Edited by Caxton Gibbet

Updated to 4.1

fixed: Left side Command menu will now close after a Stance order has been given.

Minor fix for the keypress version only.

Can anyone confirm this not auto working in the latest beta? I set them to copy my stance but since new Ai changes I dont see this working out of the box as before, anyone have it working and all team copying you fine with latest beta? Just seems to be copy my stance of the new BIS type, IE its random who will crouch or decide to go prone etc.

EDIT ... ok after much testing since the most recent update of ACE this stopped working. Although oddly enough I found out its GL4 causing the problem.

If I run GL4 with latest ACE this addon just does not work at all (none of the versions), but individually GL4 & Latest ACE work with it fine, combine them and this gets knocked out, strange, but its deffo to do with GL4 (as that's not been updated for some time). I have every feature of GL4 switched off too (I only use it for random spawn feature) yet that's the results.

So anyway if anyone finds it not working, and you have GL4 + ACE, you may find it stops :) But then again, it works with them all fine individually :icon_wink::803:...